• Replies 65
  • Likes 7

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fun with my jailbroken Super-NT. Anyone know of a Mega-SG-Jailbreak?

EDIT: Never mind, when I didn't find it here on GBATemp I should have googled it. Found it on YouTube and just followed the links. To find it just google or go to YouTube and search for "Mega Sg Jailbreak SmokeMonster"

Yeah, he released that on April Fool's which is kinda funny.

Reactions: ca032769

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I've seen a new thread on it but earlier in August the Super NT official firmware was updated to v4.9 which lead to jailbreak firmware v6.9. The most significant update on the Jailbreak end is support for a number of SNES enhancement chips. Taken straight from GitHub.
  • Added DSP1,2,3,4 support
  • Added OBC1 support
  • Added ST010, ST011 support
  • Added CX4 support
So you can get your Super Mario Kart, Pilotwings, Mega Man X2 and X3 on through the rom loader now.

On the official side,
  • an SPC player has been added,
  • support for analogue's prototype DAC
  • user fonts and a couple more items.
Full change log and release here: https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak/releases/tag/v6.9

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @AshuraZro, didn't know about the update. Been a busy month at my house. The addition of some enhancement chips is great stuff. But what I really anticipated and hoped for when I bought the Super NT is that the NES core would eventually get added to the jailbreak. Obviously, hasn't happened, and I don't understand why not. Unless Analogue intends to make a more affordable, plastic-shelled version of the NT Mini ... which they'd better get on it soon if that's the plan. But if the NT Mini isn't coming back, then they really should just add the NES core as an additional feature. They'd sell more, we'd all be happier customers, etc.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was also hoping for that originally. At this point, I figure it'd only happen if Analogue was packing up shop. I've considered getting a MiSTer setup together since beyond the SNES I don't have many carts but just haven't gotten around to it.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also hoping for that originally. At this point, I figure it'd only happen if Analogue was packing up shop. I've considered getting a MiSTer setup together since beyond the SNES I don't have many carts but just haven't gotten around to it.

Yeah I've got an AV Famicom in great original condition (see here: link) that I don't want to mod with NESRGB or HiDefNES. I do have a Framemeister but the AV Famicom/NES composite just looks horrible either way. I might end up buying another AV Fami next time I go to Japan, but really at this point I think the FPGA route is the way to go for HD retro console enjoyment. That's why I was hoping Analogue would come through (at least on the so-called jailbreak) with the NES core as a bonus on Super NT. But I think you're right it'll never see the light of day unless they make a new product for it, or just go out of business. Long live Kevtris!

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've got an AV Famicom in great original condition (see here: link) that I don't want to mod with NESRGB or HiDefNES. I do have a Framemeister but the AV Famicom/NES composite just looks horrible either way. I might end up buying another AV Fami next time I go to Japan, but really at this point I think the FPGA route is the way to go for HD retro console enjoyment. That's why I was hoping Analogue would come through (at least on the so-called jailbreak) with the NES core as a bonus on Super NT. But I think you're right it'll never see the light of day unless they make a new product for it, or just go out of business. Long live Kevtris!
Well, Analogue is working on two new consoles. One of them is definitely a portable, but the other could be a cheaper NES clone.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?