United States
ONTO ONLINE MODE NOW! GLORY MODE!

giphy.gif

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This right here, is complete utter bullshit. A single extra input source puts a tole on the CPU?! Is the programming involved with the circle pad pro so badly done that it actually hinders processing power? These excuses are incredibly idiotic, and the amount of people believing them just proves how stupid some people are.
Note that A. it's only a small amount that is required, but Smash is really pushing the 3DS (it even disables miiverse and things just to get a bit more RAM) and B. it's probably not so much the input itself but the nonstop IR communication.
That said there's really no way to tell whether it's bs or not so eh.

Reactions: gamefan5

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Note that A. it's only a small amount that is required, but Smash is really pushing the 3DS (it even disables miiverse and things just to get a bit more RAM)...

I call bullshit on this, too. Smash isn't that impressive looking.

...and B. it's probably not so much the input itself but the nonstop IR communication.

I did not know that was how it worked. Still, I doubt it could use that much CPU. A better excuse would have been "You can't play Local Multiplayer with friends while using it, so we just decided to do away with it."

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I did not know that was how it worked. Still, I doubt it could use that much CPU. A better excuse would have been "You can't play Local Multiplayer with friends while using it, so we just decided to do away with it."
It may not be that impressive looking compared to more modern consoles (lolVita), but you do have to keep in mind it has to be able to do 4 player multiplayer on a relatively large map online (what is the largest one in Smash 3DS? If it doesn't have any big one then scratch that, but the WiiU one has Palutena's Temple at least) with items (including assist trophies and Pokeballs, even though these run at 30FPS) with 60FPS.

Edit: also, how impressive something looks doesn't necessarily mean it uses more or less CPU.

Reactions: gamefan5

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The 3DS resets once the game is turned off to get back the RAM allotation for the formware. Not only the proof is in your face every time u go back to the menu and close the game, but hackers have also confirmed that it is the case. The new 3DS will support miiverse because it has mire RAM then the original. If anything, Sakurai could have just developed Smash for the new 3DS to overcome the limitations that people are whining for.

As for the CPP not working, what he says I am a bit skeptical, perhaps it might be true. ithink the true reason is because that amiibo pheripheral will use the IR functionality to comunicate with the older models.

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "For Fun" and "For Glory" modes are specifically for playing with randoms online. If you play with friends you can customize the match rules any way you want. I don't see the problem here.

Well this wasn't an official release, just a ROM dump thanks to a broken street date. I fail to see how this counts as a "Europe gets everything first, America always gets screwed" thing.

The problem is I want to play with someone I know that's good when Im playing for glory.. not a random person who cant hold his own nor do the combos at which me and my friend can use together... how do you not understand that?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this wasn't an official release, just a ROM dump thanks to a broken street date. I fail to see how this counts as a "Europe gets everything first, America always gets screwed" thing.

Overall, this 3ds release scene has been favoring EU over NA regions. When it comes to retail dumps, EU scene releases tend to come out closer to the actual release date of the game than it does for NA releases. We all know how one-sided the eshop scene is, when it comes to comparing NA release vs EU release.

That said, I'm fairly certain that a dump of the NA version exists somewhere in the dark recesses of the internet, but is being kept hidden from the public view because of what happened with NSMBW.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Who are your favorite characters to play with? Mine are so far Greninja and Villager. :D
(Wanted to try Robin, but haven't so far.)

Screw you, Pictochat stage! Just lost for the first time online because of the black ground. :angry: Can't use Greninja's side special properly. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter