Supercard DSTWO+ confirmed

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gateway clone would not better than Gateway because the Gateway dev team has been the one doing all the development and if people bought clones instead development would cease with the theoretically less competent teams and communication wouldn't mean shit.

All faith in the Supercard team that it own't be a clone because of their history though.

Because current communication and responses with the original GW team is so impeccable and reliable, right? Monopolizing the flashcard market is asinine anyways, there needs to be more competition.

Reactions: Margen67

halogamer2145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gateway clone would not better than Gateway because the Gateway dev team has been the one doing all the development and if people bought clones instead development would cease with the theoretically less competent teams and communication wouldn't mean shit.

All faith in the Supercard team that it own't be a clone because of their history though.

You're right that the chances of it being a clone are low, but even if it was, I think the Supercard team would be experienced enough to push things forward.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard has always been the best team, I bet it works on 9.2 at the very least, and kicks the SHIT out of gateway. Supercard also has way better customer relations and service IMO.

i have a dstwo and i like it but i wouldn't say their customer relations are way better they take even longer to release updates than GW , GW always deliver emunand updates super quick supercard team is also fast for update to get it working with latest fw but they take even longer to release updates that add features than GW does , and by a long shot ,just look at the snes emulator fiasco and even worse the movie player fiasco, it took forever, and their forums and press releases are all in barely legible chingrish

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just received word from the Supercard Team confirming that the rumored 3DS flashcart from the Supercard team, also known as Supercard DSTWO PLUS, is a reality. Unfortunately I haven't been given any technical details and cannot even confirm that it will play 3DS roms (but we can assume that will be the case otherwise they wouldn't be releasing it as a new product).

They also stated that the product won't be ready for a little while (a matter of days apparently) due to bugs in the current software - again we have to assume that they meant the firmware or specific version of EOS for the DSTWO PLUS. Stay tuned for more exclusive info and hot news straight from GBAtemp. Discuss in this thread! If you have any additional information confirmed by reliable source please feel free to contact us.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is EOS?

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Geez. Why didn't Costello post something in a "matter of days" then rather than now?

This is a very suspect and frankly, ANNOYING post.

What is the news?

DSTWO are going to release something - so fucking what?

Specs and and proof of functionality or it's boring hype that people are mostly fed up with at the moment.

Cheers.

Reactions: Margen67

CoolFangs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really interested to see what features, if any, this will have to differentiate itself. If nothing else this seems like this would be the time for the Gateway update to come out.

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez. Why didn't Costello post something in a "matter of days" then rather than now?

What is the news?

Specs and and proof of functionality or it's boring hype that people are mostly fed up with at the moment.

Cheers.
As the Brits say don't be a twat. Actually that common vernacular in a lot of English speaking countries but it sounds best coming from a Brit so pretend I have a British accent

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

What is the news?

Cheers.

I know it's not much, but I think people still deserve to know that the "DSTWO PLUS" is actually real and being worked on :)

also, I have of course requested more information and I hope I'll get something exciting to report. I'll update this thread if I hear anything.

Oh and also, I'm not sure if you are calling my post "suspect" or if you are referring to somebody else's, but all that I've said in this post comes directly from the guy at the head of the SC team (he emailed me this morning). The e-mail states, and I quote, that they need "a few more days to debug their software". I don't know how that makes my post suspect, I'm really just reporting the info I got from the email.

Sec89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, newcomer here from Aus.

Received word from OzModChips (flashcard reseller)
Untitled.png

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
As the Brits say don't be a twat. Actually that common vernacular in a lot of English speaking countries but it sounds best coming from a Brit

Yeah in a Vinne Jones menacing accent is best.

But lay off mate, I ain't looking for trouble. Thread is a wind up.

But if it's true then there needs to be a little more info to make it a satisfying "announcement"

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

What is the news?

Cheers.
got to agree, its like from one extreme to another.....we have all these amazing features.....and no ETA, and now we have a ETA....but no features:wtf:.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nah i doubt its fake, i had heard a rumor a while back they where dropping the old DSTwo......and they where making a 4.x 2-in-1 gateway style card.....but as always rumors are to be taken with a pinch of salt.....or a few buckets of salt.....then resellers where running out of stock so i kinda suspected it was indeed coming.......but with all the 9.x support hoax stuff getting spread about, idk if it really is a gateway 4.x solution 2 in 1 card, a sky3ds cart emulation only + NDS 2-in-1 or something completely different....the fact they are staying silent on features does make me suspicious that they just plan to rip off the new gateway update once its out......if your ready to ship you could at least confirm the basics to your potential customers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
  • Noctosphere @ Noctosphere:
    Is TCK some kind of Clanchit follower?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo just follows Luke around with flowers
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny, every week he cries bout something and says that's it, I'm leaving this site for good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Had to break down and turn on my AC today. 89 degrees in May. Bet August/September is gonna be crazy hot.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with Lockable Door and Window, Outdoor Storage Shed with Restroom & Cabinet, Perfect for Hotel, Kiosk, Booth(19 x 20FT) https://a.co/d/ab1dd5t
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pretty cool actually
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel pain on the left side of my stomach
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Read the reviews
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, seems like a great option for temporary housing, but the reviews seems iffy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout
  • Y @ yqw:
    someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cheat codes 911 catch the crazy drivers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean that game came out on every game system, so lets be a little more vague.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    make 'em , they're not hard to do
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !