GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
RoMee said:
GreatCrippler said:
Last time I checked, JEnesisDS does not work on the SCDS2 at all. At least the newest version. Why list it under the working plugins?

jEnesis is working fine for me

Latest version? 0.74 or whatever? It boots, but games don't. I have been through this on 4 different SCDS2 carts, as well as trudging through the SC teams forums. If it works for you, you're in the minority.
I do not have .74, i have just .70

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
GreatCrippler said:
RoMee said:
GreatCrippler said:
Last time I checked, JEnesisDS does not work on the SCDS2 at all. At least the newest version. Why list it under the working plugins?

Latest version? 0.74 or whatever? It boots, but games don't. I have been through this on 4 different SCDS2 carts, as well as trudging through the SC teams forums. If it works for you, you're in the minority.

/nods. Older versions seem to work fine. Just the latest that does not.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
GreatCrippler said:
RoMee said:
GreatCrippler said:

/nods. Older versions seem to work fine. Just the latest that does not.
is there a big difference between them?
Also if you run .74 through EOS and not the main screen/imenu/BAGPlug or whatever you use, it will work just fine

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
Game compatibility is worse. Not drastically, but enough to notice if you have a decent Genesis library.
Worse in .70? Well at least I just tested it, if you just run it through EOS, it works just fine

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
Yes, .70 has worse compatibility. And yea, I had spotty results running it through the EOS, but couldn't get it to work as a plugin at all. (Again, JEnesisDS loads, but the games won't.)
Thought so.
Strange, I wonder why it doesn't work on any of the menu's, but only works through EOS
unsure.gif

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Yes, .70 has worse compatibility. And yea, I had spotty results running it through the EOS, but couldn't get it to work as a plugin at all. (Again, JEnesisDS loads, but the games won't.)
Thought so.
Strange, I wonder why it doesn't work on any of the menu's, but only works through EOS
unsure.gif

If I had to guess, I would say a pathing issue. That said, I know didly jack about the SCDS2's coding, so honestly not a clue.

younglinkgcn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone hav a problem with the DSbible plugin, when i try to use it it says "analyzing FAT" and wont do anything else.
my best guess is that i might have placed the folders and bible.nds in the wrong folders, if so, can someone tell me where to put the folders, and.nds
huh.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because we didn't create the original homebrew and it's hard to contact authors and get their consent, also the homebrew could update to something else but the icon doesn't, thus if the homebrew was included we would have to maintain them and keep them up to date

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Basinator said:
stupid question: Why don't you add the plugin-files to the homebrew files? So the users just have to extract one single archive?As already said by terminator02 - that's one of the reasons, the other was because we've been told NOT to, especially if the Homebrew already exists on Filetrip.
The Only time we can supply the homebrew(s) files is IF the program has been modified enough to be classed as a 'dstwo specific' version (As in my 'hacked' version of LMP-NG) OR if the developer includes the plugin BMP/INI files themselves (as in the case of Spinals Frodo)

QUOTE(Basinator @ Mar 31 2011, 09:06 PM) Don't you have to keep them up to date anyways since you provide links to the download souces of the homebrews?
If the link goes to filetrip - you get taken to the file that was most recent when the link was first put up ... (see my note about the OP below)

> IF there has been an update (& it's been uploaded to Filetrip) you would usually see a note stating 'You may be interested in the latest version' - which you can then select from the dropdown box on the right

> If the link goes to the developers website - you'll get the latest version anyway

> If the link goes to a 3rd party filesharing page - then you're stuck with that version, unless you Google for any new ones

As for the first post of this thread - unfortunately the OP has/had been having trouble with computer access & is unable to update it as regularly has he'd like so those are most probably all point to older versions of Homebrew (there's no way to 'share' the first post for editing) & unfortunately I find it hard to keep up with any updates to keep updating the Wiki Links since I work full time shifts

One of the reasons I did the Wiki was so that anyone else (with Wiki access that is) can update the links or add new plugins files, whenever necessary/possible.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
JEnesisDS works on the DSTWO you just have to use an older version and then the games will load instead of freeze like on the newer version.

Something must have changed that the Supercard didn't like on current. Has anyone figured out why It freezes?

younglinkgcn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
just put the folder that comes with it in the root, doesn't matter where you put the .nds
thanks it worked, I am also having a similar problem with SSB Clash, it says initializing EFS and like the DSbible did, it wont do any thing else
unsure.gif

Mysoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i just wanted to say that i HATED, really HATED... that you people are so idiot, to post here plugins for DStwo that are actually just common DS roms with shorcuts as plugins, that's terrible, really terrible, all plugins here presented should be using the DStwo extra processor, and nothing else... otherwise they are just fake "plugins" which disappoint me a lot, since i expect updated or different things while in the end i get the same i had before without DsTWO.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i just wanted to say that i HATED, really HATED... that you are so idiot, to post about plugins for DStwo that aren't using the DSTWO processor and that ALL of the other homebrew that would be convenient to have on the plugin screen generally DON'T just happen to have devs or are open sourced for people to port the entire goddam homebrew with a broken SDK for the number of people who happen to have a DSTWO and provide you with all of the features of the regular one, but this time to use the stupid extra processor just to make you happy...otherwise, they would just be normal homebrew that you can currently use as it is now and of course, those must ALL be fake because if they were plugins for the DSTWO, they would recognize that there was an extra processor and do the same shit they would do even if there wasn't one.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Mysoft said:
i just wanted to say that i HATED, really HATED... that you people are so idiot, to post here plugins for DStwo that are actually just common DS roms with shorcuts as plugins, that's terrible, really terrible, all plugins here presented should be using the DStwo extra processor, and nothing else... otherwise they are just fake "plugins" which disappoint me a lot, since i expect updated or different things while in the end i get the same i had before without DsTWO.

That's your own fault. You should be disappointed in yourself for not for not researching the purchase you made better.
I, along with others here, made a lot of those plugin shortcuts for peoples convenience. I take much offense at you calling "you people are so idiot".
Basically, don't fukking use them, they aren't required. So gtfo, and have a blast with your blank menu with all pleasure in it =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: