Supreme Court Strikes Down Key DOMA Provisions

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can put a sign on a cow that says horse but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a cow. So called gay marriage isn't the same and it isn't equal. The purpose of marriage for the past 20,000 years has been the perpetuation of the race. Period. On the bright side states still have the right to define marriage and 38 have defined that between a man and a woman

Doesn't change the fact that these couples are still upstanding citizens and due to the fact that they can't procreate, they adopt foster children, saving them from a worse childhood and giving them a better future. And you know what? I'm sure that allowing homosexual marriage will save more money in the long run than cost due to that simple fact. Screw morals, economics is the way to look at it, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a jackpot we need to exploit.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Nothing is gonna stop them from trying to procreate anyway.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Lord knows I am not without sin but:

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

So yea you guys be happy about it.

May you all be forgiven.
The Bible also forbids eating and touching pork and shellfish, mixing fabric, tattoos, and working on Sunday. All within the same section. If you are going to follow one part of the Bible, you need to follow the rest as well, not just the parts easiest to you.
Not mention the Bible's word is not law and should never be used as law. As well not everyone follows it, meaning it does not effect them and it shouldn't. Please don't use your book as a reason to not give people their civil rights.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair is fair. I would hate to be denied something because my lifestyle was different.

Can't wait to hear Fred Phelps' thoughts...

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Bible also forbids eating and touching pork and shellfish, mixing fabric, tattoos, and working on Sunday. All within the same section. If you are going to follow one part of the Bible, you need to follow the rest as well, not just the parts easiest to you.
Not mention the Bible's word is not law and should never be used as law. As well not everyone follows it, meaning it does not effect them and it shouldn't. Please don't use your book as a reason to not give people their civil rights.
All of these rules are for the Jews. I am Catholic so I believe in forgiveness. But the word of the Lord is still the word of the Lord. As I said may you all be forgiven. And if I am not mistaken we are "One nation under God"

All of you should read the Bible, it is not what you probably think it is, it is quite exciting.

And the Bible not being used as law is only your own opinion is it not?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
All of these rules are for the Jews. I am Catholic so I believe in forgiveness. But the word of the Lord is still the word of the Lord. As I said may you all be forgiven. And if I am not mistaken we are "One nation under God"

All of you should read the Bible, it is not what you probably think it is, it is quite exciting.

And I'm agnostic. Who's word should I follow?

Besides, that "one nation under god" thing discriminates against people who don't believe in the Judeochristian god. I for one welcome the day where the US actually has full separation of church and state.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

And the Bible not being used as law is only your own opinion is it not?
Realizing that the US promotes a separation of church and state should hopefully help to clear up the idea of the Bible, or any holy text, being seen as law within the confines of this country. Ironically, the ones that push our constitution and the values of this country the most defy them consistently by trying to bring religion into a system that claims to remove itself from it.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All of these rules are for the Jews. I am Catholic so I believe in forgiveness. But the word of the Lord is still the word of the Lord. As I said may you all be forgiven. And if I am not mistaken we are "One nation under God" It's part of the Old Testament, a part Jesus said not follow. "One Nation under God" was actually added in the 1950's as an anti-Communism part because they believed Communists were Atheist. But it was never actually part of anything (money or the pledge) before the 1950's.

All of you should read the Bible, it is not what you probably think it is, it is quite exciting. I have read the Bible, several times, that's why I am an Atheist.

And the Bible not being used as law is only your own opinion is it not? It's not just my opinion, it's part of the US Constitution actually and part of the founding of the US. The Government can not favor one religion over another, it's unconstitutional.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I support the following notion:
ibS30v0.gif

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes but the Jews do still follow it(I suppose, supposed too). As I said I am Catholic.
2. Yes the "godless communist" (Yet China is ok lol) (Also money says and our motto is "In God We trust" added for the same reason. Yet it could have been something else, could it not?.)
3. Thomas Jefferson blah blah blah wall of separation blah blah blah. Feel as you like about it.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Separation of Church and state?
Interesting that's an issue marriage is a religious term describing a union between a man and woman. A term that shouldn't be redefined.

But coming up with perhaps a Civil Union is fine. Same legal benefits as marriage, without associating it with something unnatural (as the Bible refers to it).

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Yes but the Jews do still follow it(I suppose, supposed too). As I said I am Catholic. Then you shouldn't be pushing it, plain and simple.
2. Yes the "godless communist" (Yet China is ok lol) (Also money says and our motto is "In God We trust" added for the same reason. Yet it could have been something else, could it not?.) Nope, it was purely added to insult Communist, that was the only reason it was added and it's only there because no one feels like removing it.
3. Thomas Jefferson blah blah blah wall of separation blah blah blah. Feel as you like about it. This really isn't a debate, it's part of the Constitution. We all have the Freedom of religion, which also means freedom from religion if we feel it so. Religion should have no power over the US government and if it does, then that member is unfit to do their job.

Interesting that's an issue marriage is a religious term describing a union between a man and woman. A term that shouldn't be redefined. Marriage isn't just a Christian thing and even predates the Church. It was part of several cultures long before the Church, who actually did take part in Same-sex marriages. Churches don't have to take part in this, no one is forcing them to do so. By the way, the fact that you can't sell your daughter for 3 goats shows that marriage has already been "redefined."

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting that's an issue marriage is a religious term describing a union between a man and woman. A term that shouldn't be redefined.

But coming up with perhaps a Civil Union is fine. Same legal benefits as marriage, without associating it with something unnatural (as the Bible refers to it).
As soon as government decided to interact with marriage, it stopped being a purely religious practice. We are not in a theocracy. Government involvement has turned marriage into more of a legal contract than anything else. It's why you can be married by the state in an entirely non-religious ceremony.

Oh, and if you read up on Wikipedia under "marriage", when broken down, marriage in itself, from a common, anthropological perspective, completely non-religious. The involvement of religion is nothing but personal preference. Ultimately, it's just the main word for a legally recognized union.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes but I can due to freedom of speech and my own opinion.

2. orly?:
"In 2006, on the 50th anniversary of its adoption, the Senate reaffirmed "In God we trust" as the official national motto of the United States of America.[18] In 2011 the House of Representatives passed an additional resolution reaffirming "In God we trust" as the official motto of the United States, in a 396-9 vote.[19][20] According to a 2003 joint poll by USA Today, CNN, and Gallup, 90% of Americans support the inscription "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins.[21]"

3. Yet it always comes up regarding things like Marriage, abortion, death sentencing ect?

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, let see if I can explain my position a little clearer...

I am not against marriage of same sex couples, could honestly care less~
For whoever said marriage = happiness is far deluded.
What I am saying is, if they want to be married they do not get the same benefits as a standard married couple. I have several homosexual friends who only want to be married for the tax break and hospital visitation rights, otherwise they could care less about some magical God sanctified "union". If you want what is fair you fight for what you want, not to be lumped in with everyone else.

If homosexual marriage where a legit argument, they would be vying for a concession not an acceptance. They need a law that covers them and IS SEPARATE from the pre-existing law, but no one seems to look at it that way. They all cry "unfair" and expect everyone to bend to knee and egress.

Reactions: macmanhigh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica