Rumor Switch 2 will release same time as S/V DLC2?

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normally it's not worth wasting time with 4chan rumours, but this one might just be legit..

52fVYJ5.jpg

If true, that means the Switch successor could be coming at the end of this year, or very early 2024.

A second post was made..

F6XTPik.jpg

Last edited by subcon959,

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
That is curious. Usually GF never porting their game to new console. Does this mean New Switch can backward compatible with Switch and enhance the visual?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Normally it's not worth wasting time with 4chan rumours, but this one might just be legit..

52fVYJ5.jpg

If true, that means the Switch successor could be coming at the end of this year, or very early 2024.
It is not coming this year. They raised production of the current models, so, no.

march 2024 is the first possible date but the lack of factory/prototype leaks make me believe that it still is too early.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
they are talking about "Switch Pro", not its successor. Thus why you know it's bullshit.

Plus they can blame any inconsistency on machine translation this way.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not coming this year. They raised production of the current models, so, no.

It's possible they follow Sony and sell both generations at the same time. That would also make sense with backwards compatibility, and this "graphics enhancement patch" for the newer model.

Reactions: peteruk

xbmcuser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nintendo will release the Switch 2 once the sales figures for Switch overtake the PS2, ie it becomes the biggest selling console ever.

Nintendo are doing all they can to take the record.

Currently we are near 130 Million Switches sold

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
It's possible they follow Sony and sell both generations at the same time. That would also make sense with backwards compatibility, and this "graphics enhancement patch" for the newer model.
make sense sell both at same time, raising production don't. If you will have a new product it is natural that it will cannibalize part of the old product sales.

At this point it is set in stone that Nintendo will not release a switch successor in 2023. Put your bets on the next release window (from March to November 2024) still no guarantees, but it is more likely.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
make sense sell both at same time, raising production don't. If you will have a new product it is natural that it will cannibalize part of the old product sales.

It depends how much Nintendo cares about sales record compared to making money. The newer model will no doubt cost a lot more than the current one so I doubt they would mind people buying that instead.

Personally, I think the reports of them raising production were missing the detail that it includes production of the newer console.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are not reading between the lines. They are working on a graphics enhancing mod for a new switch model. The new switch model will be a pro version not the switch 2. Why would they work on graphical enhancements on a switch that can barely run the game now. Trust when I say it will be a new switch with different hardware to make it playable for call of duty

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are not reading between the lines. They are working on a graphics enhancing mod for a new switch model. The new switch model will be a pro version not the switch 2. Why would they work on graphical enhancements on a switch that can barely run the game now. Trust when I say it will be a new switch with different hardware to make it playable for call of duty
I mean if we are just going to speculate wildly, why not just state that the new Switch is on par to compete with the Steam Deck?

Screw it. Since this is a “wild rumor” thread, I propose that Nintendo partnered with nVidia to put a brand new Tegra chip inside that nobody has ever even heard of. It’s gonna make the Switch’s Tegra chip look like a Pentium 1 in comparison and yeah sure. It’ll play Call of Duty.

keegokahgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon, guys. There is nothing in that post by an anonymous user that is backed up by any substantial evidence. Anyone could get on there and make a remotely believable post

langston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon, guys. There is nothing in that post by an anonymous user that is backed up by any substantial evidence. Anyone could get on there and make a remotely believable post
It was all confirmed yesterday lol you idiot this post is from days before the presents and there is no way someone could predict all the info perfectly without some insider info. It could also be a lie at the end for passable denyability

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
It depends how much Nintendo cares about sales record compared to making money. The newer model will no doubt cost a lot more than the current one so I doubt they would mind people buying that instead.

Personally, I think the reports of them raising production were missing the detail that it includes production of the newer console.
the expected cost per unity is roughly the same of 2022, so, no. Technically there is a possibility to Nintendo announce extraordinary costs to cover the production of the newer model, or Nintendo have agreements with suppliers to pay for materials after March 2024. Both paths are very unlikely tho.

Also, apart of the lack of financial room to maneuver, if Nintendo were to release something so soon, dev kits would be already floating around and, with them, leaks. We have nothing but youtubers monetizing the Switch Pro since 2018.

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

march 2024 is the first possible date but the lack of factory/prototype leaks make me believe that it still is too early.
Just speculation, but it might make sense to raise production rate if you know you need to wrap production and use up your remaining components before the assembly line can be reconfigured for the newer console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo