Hacking Switch Boots Into RCM but Homebrew No Longer Works

BrendonoT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had homebrew on my switch for a lengthy amount of time, then today my switch is being extremely weird. I can boot into RCM just fine, launch firmware, cfw, however as of today when I go to gallery I am no longer redirected to the homebrew. My SD is in the reader and when booting cfw It doesnt say it fails, however now going into gallery just goes to my screenshots.

My two questions are, what could be stopping cfw to launching homebrew if it launches successfully? As well as how can I fix this. I didnt put this the the NOOB Paradise Thread because I want to learn the first question.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although you may have booted into CFW, I still believe that this may be related to the error you are experiencing.
Whenever hekate for 4.x crashes, it makes the SD card unusable with hetake (When the payload launches, it says "Failed to mount SD card (make sure that it is inserted)" and continues to ofw). Formatting using SDFormatter and guiformat makes the sd card work with hekate again (Thanks ReSwitched user-support), but after it crashes again, the whole process starts all over again (Including 3 hour restore of sd card backup).
As it is, Hekate (the "CFW" that you are using) is very unstable and lots of bugs as well as suffers from random crashes. Its not meant for end-users so a lot of its issues only make sense to developers who can read the code and see where support is missing. And since its a work-in-progress as well as just a stepping stone for Atmosphere, the fixes for it require much more end-user steps than normal.

Anyways, Kafluke pretty much gave the only way of fixing it. Your only hope is reformatting or trying another SD card. If possible, try using a third-party formatting tool such as Rufus.

cdhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although you may have booted into CFW, I still believe that this may be related to the error you are experiencing.As it is, Hekate (the "CFW" that you are using) is very unstable and lots of bugs as well as suffers from random crashes. Its not meant for end-users so a lot of its issues only make sense to developers who can read the code and see where support is missing. And since its a work-in-progress as well as just a stepping stone for Atmosphere, the fixes for it require much more end-user steps than normal.

Anyways, Kafluke pretty much gave the only way of fixing it. Your only hope is reformatting or trying another SD card. If possible, try using a third-party formatting tool such as Rufus.

Read the rest of my thread...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

Use this binary with the stock sd files

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update to 5.1? Updates tend to break homebrew, and there's no public solution for 5.1 homebrew yet. It should be out soon though, as SciresM has a private functional build.

coolsimon282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From SciresM:
"If you're on 5.1.0 and want HBL to work, add a 0-byte file called "rtld.stub" to sd:/atmosphere/titles/010000000000100d/exefs/ -- 5.1.0 added a run-time link daemon to system applets, and while I've had it stubbed out apparently most users haven't, which causes HBL to not boot."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.