Not open for further replies.

Koji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Congrats for that first step!

About the chip itself, my guess is that it's not printed "R20RG1410E", but more "R20RG|4|0E".
See the space at the right and left of the "4". And the character "1" would be written differently imo.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Well you sure do sound like one, probably already cracked the thing, right ? Ah I forgot, you're just here to be ignorant.
He does raise valid points... But so do you. Let people do what the do, because who knows. Smiba could be the next Geohot

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He does raise valid points... But so do you. Let people do what the do, because who knows. Smiba could be the next Geohot
Such as hardware? Because I see ARM logic analyzers for under 20$ online.. Hardware is cheapish, so what other points?
Because no one has ever heard of him? No one ever heard of Geohotz until he got a-hold of the iPhone and then PS3

Not many people remember the name or even know Dark AleX even though he was the reason PSP cfw ever started in the first place. (Most of my friends with cfw'd PSP don't know of him, basing off that knowledge)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the most difficult part of making any kind of flash cart for the Switch will be making a pirate cart that fits in the slot without external protrusion. The 3DS carts barely have room to cram everything needed. Some even protrude so much they have a square cutout for the chip's body to stick out of the cart's housing. Now unless they make a nearly flush microSD cardslot with nothing but contact fingers for the pinpads, I don't see them fitting everything needed for a flash card, unless it's a one-game-per-card thing like the very first Sky3DS.

Reactions: Shikkichu

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
M
Such as hardware? Because I see ARM logic analyzers for under 20$ online.. Hardware is cheapish, so what other points?
Because no one has ever heard of him? No one ever heard of Geohotz until he got a-hold of the iPhone and then PS3

Not many people remember the name or even know Dark AleX even though he was the reason PSP cfw ever started in the first place. (Most of my friends with cfw'd PSP don't know of him, basing off that knowledge)
Maybe you misunderstood what I said somehow? I said he could be the next Geohot? Fact is the points were valid... But everything starts somewhere.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M

Maybe you misunderstood what I said somehow? I said he could be the next Geohot? Fact is the points were valid... But everything starts somewhere.
I know what you said, I'm just curious as to the one guys valid points, because he basically stated like nothing of being hardware related difficult to come by when it isn't

Granted he's right about the asking for donations thing, never really seen that, only with software devs on the side xD

smiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I highly doubt if you are asking for donations that you can rival with all the chinese that make a living by copying other's work, that have tons of resources and pcb manufactures in their backyard.

I'm currently a student so money is my biggest issue. Getting a PCB developed does not cost a lot of money these days. Shipping (still) does through.
Unless we want this to go on snail speed I'd need to pay extra for DHL shipping. I've been waiting for about 2 months on one of my PCB designs and it still hasn't arrived today because that's the service you get when you pay $15 for 10 10cmx10cm PCBs

With the Chinese who knows. My main goal is making the first steps into the development of a flash cart. Maybe I won't be the first but that's no reason for tears, were all trying to achieve the same goal!

As for the cracking of any kind of protection there are way more skilled people out there. Will I do it? Maybe.
At this point my main goal is purely to get a ROM export running on a non original cartridge.

Anyone with enough skills will not be asking himself how to probe the cart while it's in the device , but would simply build a custom pcb that would replace the cartridge in the slot

This is what I'm developing right now, although I was wondering if there was an easier way (without destroying my cartridge slot. Remember $300 is a lot for a student). But I think this is the most solid and flexible way

Still , I wish you good luck in your endeavor.

Thanks!

Reactions: peteruk

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, Alek. He was such a fun developer. I loved his April Fool's Easter egg (or rather, April 2nd Easter egg). A lot of the PSP developers were rather intuitive, though. I kinda wish some of them would come back to work on newer consoles, but they all grew up and started families. Such is life I suppose.

Reactions: Shikkichu

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Well you sure do sound like one, probably already cracked the thing, right ? Ah I forgot, you're just here to be ignorant.
You're the one being ignorant, doing these thing requires certain set of skills like Roamin64 mentioned. honestly speaking, I don't see OP's qualified for the task, from what he's talking, he might be able to do a GBA flashcart, but no further.

I guess I'm going to be bashed for elitism again, you guys should learn the difference, Isaac Newton has never been able to pilot an airplane, that's not discriminating, that's just stating a fact.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I remember that one time when someone managed to dump wii u emmc and everyone basically told him to fuck off.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I remember that one time when someone managed to dump wii u emmc and everyone basically told him to fuck off.
I don't know that story but dump eMMC is trivial... you see how easy switch eMMC can be dumped?

Also dumping eMMC on 3DS AKA hardmod is useful because of certain firmware exploits, hardmod alone isn't quite useful.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're the one being ignorant, doing these thing requires certain set of skills like Roamin64 mentioned. honestly speaking, I don't see OP's qualified for the task, from what he's talking, he might be able to do a GBA flashcart, but no further.

I guess I'm going to be bashed for elitism again, you guys should learn the difference, Isaac Newton has never been able to pilot an airplane, that's not discriminating, that's just stating a fact.
Pioneers get qualified by researching and self-teaching. That is the way of the hacker anyway.
Sure if you start with little experience it will take more time to get qualified, but nobody is born a Ph.D.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I don't know that story but dump eMMC is trivial... you see how easy switch eMMC can be dumped?

Also dumping eMMC on 3DS AKA hardmod is useful because of certain firmware exploits, hardmod alone isn't quite useful.
Except wii u emmc dumping wasn't a thing then and he desoldered the chip to figure out the traces.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Pioneers get qualified by researching and self-teaching. That is the way of the hacker anyway.
Sure if you start with little experience it will take more time to get qualified, but nobody is born a Ph.D.
Of course he can learn, and then he'll know how stupid today's himself sounds.

Except wii u emmc dumping wasn't a thing then and he desoldered the chip to figure out the traces.
Then I'd admit that's valuable work.

Last edited by JimmyZ,
Reactions: sarkwalvein
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol