Switch firmware update 8.1.0 out now

kZwtFIN.png

Do you like stability? Because Nintendo likes stability! Once more, we have a brand new firmware update for the Nintendo Switch, bringing the console's firmware up to 8.1.0, as of today. It's been a few months since the last update, 8.0.1, though this one only brings stability to the table. If you're worried about any potential issues in regards to what this firmware does under the hood, then make sure to not update until proper sources figure out what this one does.

:arrow: Source

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H
Or just say you got a recent memo from Doug Bowsers son himself, Bowser jnr, requesting conclusive information gathered on the latest stability update. Needless to say your tests via running custom firmware are currently inconclusive and you will need more time before you release your report.

Yours Truly Nintendo

Wait a sec, how do you know all these... Humm someone seems to talk about personal experience haha jk

Reactions: Freeze1919

Freeze1919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In case the above post gets buried among the bickering and hate/love for TX SXOS.

I can also confirm for those who have EmuNand setup on 8.0.1 FW, using SXOS v2.7.1 Beta, you can safely update your SysNand to 8.1.0 FW and will still be able to boot into your EmuNand.

What I don't understand is why can't just boot normal firmware from the menu? I honestly like having AUTO-RCM installed. Booting original FW doesn't work.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since Mario maker 2 is being released in 10 days no one should really be surprised at this. I was expecting it a litter closer to the 28th though.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is like they were aware of june 15th :/
It's so inconvenient, it doesn't add anything new, and it will patched within the next few days, why Nintendo even bother :/

Reactions: mathew77

Tag234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated my sysnand OFW normally through settings menu from 8.0.1 --> 8.1.0 and ended up with black screen. My emuNAND 8.0.1 CFW still boots just fine /w SX OS 2.7.1... Not really sure what happened, but I'm restoring a backup clean NAND now.

Anybody else run into the same issue? Im not using AutoRCM. My understanding was a sysnand update should have worked fine. I was just trying to retain online play on the sysnand.

Tiger21820

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo3dscentral.com
XP
Country
United States
The switch is so stable, it could survive a nuclear explosion of 10,000 megatons! Now THAT'S stability! Nintendo get's the official Tiger21820 award of "most dedicated support for stability" 2019 edition! Way to go guys! Keep up the "good" work!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That can't stop code execution with the RCM bug.

I never claimed they could. If there is something like card reader (but more important) they could make it so that to run the latest sysnand then it breaks something in emunand.

For instance if they can replace bluetooth module firmware

Last edited by smf,

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
We all know what this update are for but...at least add some profile pitcure. Is so hard to add a PNG?
Also hope they are gonna add theme soon, mostly becouse now with the region free eshop i don't need to worry to see a cool theme that is japan only.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course...they started to late with stability update on the 3DS...we have to much features on the 3ds...Nintendo thoughts: we have to change it on our next console. So the Nintendo Switch was born: no features but enough stability...man I hate the switch, in my opinion it’s the worst console ever. Nintendo really hates money and to be famous

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol