Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I got a problem with installing and starting newer games: firmware 13.1.0 atmosphere 1.2.5

when i use tinfoil to get newer games or awoo, they won't start. I just receive an error and it promts me to check for an error then it says the game is faulty and needs to be downloaded again. Old games on my current SD i have since before i updated to 13.1.0 work, but i checked some from older SD cards, they don't work anymore, what can i do? I tried updating the sigpatches from ITotalJustice and the one from the thread. Still the same problem.
Have you checked to see if the SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, you can use a tool such as FakeFlashTest to test the validity of your card.
Hello,

Would greatly appreciate if someone could help. I read various thread and attempted different method to fix my issue but it hasn't worked out.

I have unpatched switch, sys firmware 12.0. SX OS dongle mod previously with Emunand (Can't access Emunand).

Updated switch back in May to FW 12.0 to play Unite with friends and family not knowing what was happening to the CFW scene/ SX OS at the time.

Reading on everything that happened this year now (busy with work an finally on break). Only to realize the SX OS dongle doesn't work because it's not on FW 11.0.0 or lower.

My situation is that I cannot boot into SX OS, attempted to go through the tutorial to install the latest Atmosphere, updated all the previous payloaders to current versions. None of these option appear to work when attempting to boot into any CFW. Wanted to attempt Haku33 only to realize you need a launcher.

What are my options? Update to current FW13 in hopes the latest bootloaders work?

Attached an image of what I have on my SDcard if it makes things easier or if I'm mistaken about my previous mod.

Thank you!View attachment 291374
What do you mean by none of these options appear to work when attempting to boot CFW? What exactly is the problem?

pokiepoke24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you checked to see if the SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, you can use a tool such as FakeFlashTest to test the validity of your card.

What do you mean by none of these options appear to work when attempting to boot CFW? What exactly is the problem?

When I try booting using VOL + and Power, it's a black screen (doesn't actually boot or start to my knowledge. Nothing appear on screen like it was off). Before when I was able to boot in SX OS, I get into their SX OS screen.

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I followed (to the best of my ability) the tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/
I have both SX OS & Atmosphere Emunand setup.

1637760370910-png.286753

I injected the latest fusee with TegraRCM so the console boots up Atmosphere.
I would like to understand what files are booted (and in what order) when the console boots up as I failed to understand how to setup multiboot to choose to boot SX OS or Atmosphere.
Should I edit boot.ini (from root), or hekate_ipl.ini (from bootloader) or inject a different payload or what ? This is all greek to me from where I am now.
Thanks.

BrokenHearted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure she didn't already install the system update that was ready? Because if so, that would explain why loading CFW doesn't work; SX OS doesn't support the latest firmware.
Yes, she probably updated it to the latest firmware and since she left the wifi on, the console must have downloaded the next update automatically.

Is there anything I can do? Is the issue just the fact that SX pro doesn't support the latest firmware? So would I just need to downgrade to a supported firmware?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try booting using VOL + and Power, it's a black screen (doesn't actually boot or start to my knowledge. Nothing appear on screen like it was off). Before when I was able to boot in SX OS, I get into their SX OS screen.
Are you sure the console just isn't in RCM already? Holding VOL + & Power only boots you into RCM, not CFW and RCM looks like a black screen.
Hi,
I followed (to the best of my ability) the tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/
I have both SX OS & Atmosphere Emunand setup.

1637760370910-png.286753

I injected the latest fusee with TegraRCM so the console boots up Atmosphere.
I would like to understand what files are booted (and in what order) when the console boots up as I failed to understand how to setup multiboot to choose to boot SX OS or Atmosphere.
Should I edit boot.ini (from root), or hekate_ipl.ini (from bootloader) or inject a different payload or what ? This is all greek to me from where I am now.
Thanks.
A quick glance through the tutorial and I spot one line that states and I quote:
Just boot the payload for the CFW you want using your favorite injection method.
Meaning you use fusee (or Hekate depending on your setup) to launch Atmosphere and SX Loader for SX OS.
Why doi get this errorView attachment 291395View attachment 291395 when i try to install an nsp game from Goldleaf?
The file is corrupted?
For starters, try to avoid using Goldleaf as it is widely known to be the worst title manager for various reasons. I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead as it is what I personally use and have no issues thus far.
Yes, she probably updated it to the latest firmware and since she left the wifi on, the console must have downloaded the next update automatically.

Is there anything I can do? Is the issue just the fact that SX pro doesn't support the latest firmware? So would I just need to downgrade to a supported firmware?
SX OS does indeed not support the latest firmware. While you can downgrade, I would advise against it for 2 reasons. One is that downgrading can bring its own share of problems since the console isn't designed to be downgraded. Two is that in order to downgrade, you have to use another CFW but in that case, you might as well just stick to using that other CFW because the other CFW is better than SX OS. That other CFW is called Atmosphere. Setting up Atmosphere is honestly as easy as setting up SX OS. The only trick is that if you want to continue using the SX Pro dongle to launch CFW, you have to make a new boot.dat file. The rest involves putting the Atmosphere files & folders on the SD card. This thread has a tutorial on how to switch from SX OS to Atmosphere but uses a Python script to make a new boot.dat. You can still follow that tutorial but instead of using Python, you can use this website to generate a new boot.dat.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For starters, try to avoid using Goldleaf as it is widely known to be the worst title manager for various reasons. I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead as it is what I personally use and have no issues thus far.
I have TinwooInstaller but when i click on the file to install it it gives me to choose the sdcard or internal memory location, and it comes out immediately and asks me if i want to delete the file and does not install anything,is it because the files are corrupt even if the size is several GB?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have TinwooInstaller but when i click on the file to install it it gives me to choose the sdcard or internal memory location, and it comes out immediately and asks me if i want to delete the file and does not install anything,is it because the files are corrupt even if the size is several GB?
The file could be corrupt but that typically occurs when using exFAT which everyone shouldn't be using. Are you sure you have enough room to install whatever it is you are trying to install?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The file could be corrupt but that typically occurs when using exFAT which everyone shouldn't be using. Are you sure you have enough room to install whatever it is you are trying to install?
Thanks, maybe this is the error i have the sdcard in exfat and not in fat32,i have over 400 GB of free space.

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all looking into hacking my Switch and had some questions.
If I install cfw to just mod single player offline games like BotW and Skyrim would I still be able to play online games like Mario Kart with friends? Without getting banned?

I'm not installing/downloading any games I haven't purchased. Just want to mess with the ones I do own. Maybe add a customer theme too if that's not something that'll get me banned.

Also when installing cfw am I doing that all on the SD card I'm already using on my Switch or am I supposed to use a separate one?

docians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What error do you get when you try installing them?
when I first try and install I get this message
" the NSP content seems to be already installed (might be an older version.
Would you like to reinstall"

so it somehow seems to recognise that the game was previously installed

if i proceed I get this error
Error 2005-0004 (0x805)
Module content manager 5
Description: unknown or undocumented error 4

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all looking into hacking my Switch and had some questions.
If I install cfw to just mod single player offline games like BotW and Skyrim would I still be able to play online games like Mario Kart with friends? Without getting banned?

I'm not installing/downloading any games I haven't purchased. Just want to mess with the ones I do own. Maybe add a customer theme too if that's not something that'll get me banned.

Also when installing cfw am I doing that all on the SD card I'm already using on my Switch or am I supposed to use a separate one?
You have to understand that any usage of CFW/homebrew can lead to a ban. Period. This is the norm. If you don't want to risk getting banned, don't hack your console.
when I first try and install I get this message
" the NSP content seems to be already installed (might be an older version.
Would you like to reinstall"

so it somehow seems to recognise that the game was previously installed

if i proceed I get this error
Error 2005-0004 (0x805)
Module content manager 5
Description: unknown or undocumented error 4
So uninstall the games first then.

RuThaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
i had fully working Switch with lastest Hekate (5.65) and Atmosphere (Atmosphère 1.2.5), but i wanted to upgrade firmware (From 12.0.2), i used Daybreak and 13.2.0 firmware (should be supported) after FA32+ex option, i have ExFat memory card.. but now when i try to boot, i see some quick logo and after that black screen. Through Hekate im still able to boot to Stock.

For booting im using TegraRCmGUI and hekate_ctcaer_5.0.0.bin payload, i tried newest its same.

Do you have idea how to fix it? What could be wrong? How to debug it?

If i dont have whole SD card image, can i somehow how go back to previous firmware? Or Firmware is now in console.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
i had fully working Switch with lastest Hekate (5.65) and Atmosphere (Atmosphère 1.2.5), but i wanted to upgrade firmware (From 12.0.2), i used Daybreak and 13.2.0 firmware (should be supported) after FA32+ex option, i have ExFat memory card.. but now when i try to boot, i see some quick logo and after that black screen. Through Hekate im still able to boot to Stock.

For booting im using TegraRCmGUI and hekate_ctcaer_5.0.0.bin payload, i tried newest its same.

Do you have idea how to fix it? What could be wrong? How to debug it?

If i dont have whole SD card image, can i somehow how go back to previous firmware? Or Firmware is now in console.
I would first try formatting the SD card to FAT32 because exFAT, unlike FAT32, can corrupt your SD card so there is no reason to use it.

RuThaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its too radical. But i would lots all my settings, installed games etc, it worked fine, until firmware upgrade and FAT32 dont support files bigger than 4G so installing games need additional steps.

I would expect some logs some error message why it is failing etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its too radical. But i would lots all my settings, installed games etc, it worked fine, until firmware upgrade and FAT32 dont support files bigger than 4G so installing games need additional steps.

I would expect some logs some error message why it is failing etc.
Like I said, because you're using exFAT, the files may have finally become corrupted. No tools exist to check for confirmation which can explain why there are no errors. Also, the method to install larger games actually require less steps than putting them on your SD card. USB installation is much faster than SD card installation.

docians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have to understand that any usage of CFW/homebrew can lead to a ban. Period. This is the norm. If you don't want to risk getting banned, don't hack your console.

So uninstall the games first then.
not sure I fellow
uninstall from where?
I have used a new SD card, and after switching to atmosphere I got the error on first installation of a game that was previously on sx on a different SD card
so if the game cannot be installed on a new SD card, where would I uninstall it from?

if it is on the switch device memory, where/ how could I access the game to uninstall it

if it is partly installed on the existing new SD card, I am not sure how I could find the partly installed game

to clarify, previously on SX when I installed the games, it could see it on album, but with atmosphere I am not sure what "folder" it installs in, for me to see and uninstall it from

thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure I fellow
uninstall from where?
I have used a new SD card, and after switching to atmosphere I got the error on first installation of a game that was previously on sx on a different SD card
so if the game cannot be installed on a new SD card, where would I uninstall it from?

if it is on the switch device memory, where/ how could I access the game to uninstall it

if it is partly installed on the existing new SD card, I am not sure how I could find the partly installed game

to clarify, previously on SX when I installed the games, it could see it on album, but with atmosphere I am not sure what "folder" it installs in, for me to see and uninstall it from

thanks
Uninstall it from System Settings. To make sure its actually uninstalled, you should put the SD card inside in your console that the game is installed onto.
I know that OLED version can be hacked rn, but they are using AMS or SXOX?
I'm not sure if SX OS can run on the OLED units since it hasn't been updated in a year but Atmosphere has definitely been updated to support those newer units. Either way, you need the SX Core modchip.

Reactions: ngoctung91

ProtocolDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, new here.
i’m very much on the verge on just giving up updating my hacked switch with hekate/atmosphere/etc. i’m wondering if its possible to just delete everything on my SD card amd start over? Because im very lost trying to figure out how I can update it.

My switch refuses to boot into OFW, so I can only boot it up with a payload. Every guide ive seen requires that it boots normally, so I guess I’m screwed? But i was able to use smash mods without it booting normally just fine before, so I dont know what changed.

my sys fw is 12.1 and my emu fw is 13.1
i dont know how I can make my sys fw 13.2, because when I try booting that up through hekate, i get an error message saying :
Wrong ini cfw or missing/corrupt files!
failed to launch HOS!

if you can help me out, that would be much appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They are not even human in my opinion.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because I said you were big that one time you believed me
    +1
    The shameful part is, I fell so in love with her mask. If I could find the real woman she pretended to be I would die for her without a moments hesitation.
    Truly loved what was never there
    I would have fought demons, gods, armies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Be gentle, I've never done this before." What, biatch you got 3 kids already. Lol, I know loves sucks hard when bad, but really good when good.
    +2
    Lol BigOnYa I hear "I don't usually do sex on the first date" like every 2 to 3 weeks now...
    +1
    I never quite know how to respond lol
    Apparently saying nothing is the correct response lol
    I know they be lying but damn I need something
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Psionic Roshambo I have alot of family that lives in St pete, Clearwater, Tampa area, what part of FL you in?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    what is good, family
    Elfers Florida lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Where is that, city close to
    Lived in Hudson from 1999-2023
    Like hmm 45 minutes north of Tampa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is nice down there, better than Ohio where I am, but I can't take the heat, year round
    Yeah the next 4 months pretty much suck
    Ohio I have been too a few times
    +1
    Born in Michigan and moved to Florida at 16 lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm near Columbus, suburbs called Hilliard.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    are you doxxing yourselves?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, I mean I'm in north Korea
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTLkejC4PbI