Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, new here.
i’m very much on the verge on just giving up updating my hacked switch with hekate/atmosphere/etc. i’m wondering if its possible to just delete everything on my SD card amd start over? Because im very lost trying to figure out how I can update it.

My switch refuses to boot into OFW, so I can only boot it up with a payload. Every guide ive seen requires that it boots normally, so I guess I’m screwed? But i was able to use smash mods without it booting normally just fine before, so I dont know what changed.

my sys fw is 12.1 and my emu fw is 13.1
i dont know how I can make my sys fw 13.2, because when I try booting that up through hekate, i get an error message saying :
Wrong ini cfw or missing/corrupt files!
failed to launch HOS!

if you can help me out, that would be much appreciated
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file or at least the contents of it.

ProtocolDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file or at least the contents of it.
do you mean this notepad file?
image.jpg

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How can I upgrade new sd card and keep/bring emunand to the new sd card or do I copy all the files first and then do the emunand process afterwards . thanks in advance

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I have a couple of questions regarding switch hacking etc.

* I've read that the cfw are not permanent hacks and need to be reloaded manually whenever you power off the switch. Does this include sleep mode, or is that OK to do.

* There seems to be a real risk of getting the switch banned from online services, is that something that's easy to avoid?

* I'm only interested in emulator or HB, would that decrease the risk of banning?

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me how to Mod D3 in current season and make cheats work again like exp x64 and stuff like that.
You might have better luck asking in a dedicated modding Discord server or in your own thread?
yes,after i click those messages the games run normaly
Try disabling Automatic Cloud Saving from System Settings.
How can I upgrade new sd card and keep/bring emunand to the new sd card or do I copy all the files first and then do the emunand process afterwards . thanks in advance
If you have file-based emuMMC, then you can simply copy and paste the files from one SD card to the other. If you have partition-based emuMMC, then backup the emuMMC via Hekate and restore it with Hekate as well to the new SD card before putting the files on it.
I have a couple of questions regarding switch hacking etc.

* I've read that the cfw are not permanent hacks and need to be reloaded manually whenever you power off the switch. Does this include sleep mode, or is that OK to do.

* There seems to be a real risk of getting the switch banned from online services, is that something that's easy to avoid?

* I'm only interested in emulator or HB, would that decrease the risk of banning?

Thanks.
  • Sleep Mode doesn't count as turning the console off
  • Either hack and risk getting banned or don't hack at all
  • See above
change from fusee-secondary.bin to package3.bin?
I hate when other people randomly bump in the middle of a conversation especially without properly explaining things. See, when Atmosphere was officially released with version 1.0, some of the components were renamed. Fusee_primary.bin was changed to simply fusee.bin and fusee_secondary.bin was renamed to package3. That is why Hekate is saying there is an error with your config; because its looking for a filename that doesn't exist. But I suppose nobody reads changelogs anymore. Anyway, this is why you're supposed to switch fusee-secondary.bin to package3. Don't put a .bin extension on package 3 though.

123Lory321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to install an NSP file with Goldleaf, it's not my first time doing it and it has always worked, but now it's doing some weird stuff.

I can install the game without encountering any errors, but if i try to run it, this error is shown:

"An error was encountered.
If the problem persists, visit the Nintendo Support Center.
[nintendo support link, new user so i can't post this]" (i've tried my best, translated it from italian)

My sigpatches are updated, AMS version is 1.2.5, FW 13.2.0
I have legit no idea why this is happening, maybe someone had this happen to them before me?

ProtocolDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to change everything thats "fusee-secondary" to "package3"
and "fusee primary" to "fusee.bin"
I followed what you said, and now they are booting succesfully! I was also able to boot into my switch normally and update the firmware there, dump It and update my emu firmware after consulting others.

Now my issue is: none of my downloaded smash mods are working and I do not know why

any way i can get help on that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install an NSP file with Goldleaf, it's not my first time doing it and it has always worked, but now it's doing some weird stuff.

I can install the game without encountering any errors, but if i try to run it, this error is shown:

"An error was encountered.
If the problem persists, visit the Nintendo Support Center.
[nintendo support link, new user so i can't post this]" (i've tried my best, translated it from italian)

My sigpatches are updated, AMS version is 1.2.5, FW 13.2.0
I have legit no idea why this is happening, maybe someone had this happen to them before me?
Well firstly, you are using arguably the worst title installer in the entire Switch scene. Yes you say it has always worked for you but the majority of the scene has always had issues with it one way or another so it might be worth reinstalling the game with another title manager. The one I recommend is TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and have never run into any issues whilst using it. Secondly, where did you download your patches from? Not all places have the properly updated patches. If you didn't download your patches from this thread, I would highly advise you do so now.
I followed what you said, and now they are booting succesfully! I was also able to boot into my switch normally and update the firmware there, dump It and update my emu firmware after consulting others.

Now my issue is: none of my downloaded smash mods are working and I do not know why

any way i can get help on that?
Are your mods in the /atmosphere/contents folder or /atmosphere/titles?

ProtocolDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate when other people randomly bump in the middle of a conversation especially without properly explaining things. See, when Atmosphere was officially released with version 1.0, some of the components were renamed. Fusee_primary.bin was changed to simply fusee.bin and fusee_secondary.bin was renamed to package3. That is why Hekate is saying there is an error with your config; because its looking for a filename that doesn't exist. But I suppose nobody reads changelogs anymore. Anyway, this is why you're supposed to switch fusee-secondary.bin to package3. Don't put a .bin extension on package 3 though

I see, thank you for your help and explanation to help me further understand.

Reactions: Draxzelex

123Lory321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well firstly, you are using arguably the worst title installer in the entire Switch scene. Yes you say it has always worked for you but the majority of the scene has always had issues with it one way or another so it might be worth reinstalling the game with another title manager. The one I recommend is TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and have never run into any issues whilst using it. Secondly, where did you download your patches from? Not all places have the properly updated patches. If you didn't download your patches from this thread, I would highly advise you do so now.
Thanks for the info! My patches are indeed downloaded from the gbatemp thread, i'll try using TinWoo installer

Edit: tinwoo didn't work, the same error shows up

Last edited by 123Lory321,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! My patches are indeed downloaded from the gbatemp thread, i'll try using TinWoo installer

Edit: tinwoo didn't work, the same error shows up
Is there an error code?
They were in the root of the SD card, should they be in atmosphere/contents ?
Uh yeah they should be in that folder and not the root. I'm not sure who or what told you to put them there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: