Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

XxAlicexX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That’s unfortunate. Atmosphere is still in pre-release. Many folks are not having issues but there are some edge cases we’re seeing and the FW update broke several homebrew tools.

Yeah. I'm usually very careful with this but I guess I need to be much more careful next time lol. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: binkinator

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you turn off AutoRCM and restore your Serial number if you used Incognito_RCM to mask your Prodinfo!

You will want to keep your /emummc and /Nintendo folders as well as a full backup of your Emunand (boot0, boot1 and rawnand.bin) on your PC.

Then you can format your SDCard and you will then be right back to nothing but 100% Nintendo.
Post automatically merged:

That’s unfortunate. Atmosphere is still in pre-release. Many folks are not having issues but there are some edge cases we’re seeing and the FW update broke several homebrew tools.

Your Modchip is most likely using this: https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware

You will also need to upgrade:

Atmosphere - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
fusee.bin - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
Hekate - https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

here is a guide if you need one:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

The best bet is to play Online games with legit purchases on Sysnand.

that way you save the suspension on your Rolly
Yeah, I guess that playing online should only be done on sysnand, but the whole reason I hacked my old switch was because I want to inject that pesky event that is no longer available. :cry:
Btw, when you said [any “backup” nsp or xci games installed on your switch will get you banned] you meant pirate content, right? For example, I did a backup of the save file of Pokémon Shining Pearl and then restored it later. I have a physical copy of the game. Does that merit a ban?

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure you turn off AutoRCM and restore your Serial number if you used Incognito_RCM to mask your Prodinfo!

You will want to keep your /emummc and /Nintendo folders as well as a full backup of your Emunand (boot0, boot1 and rawnand.bin) on your PC.

Then you can format your SDCard and you will then be right back to nothing but 100% Nintendo.

Your Modchip is most likely using this: https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware

You will also need to upgrade:

Atmosphere - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
fusee.bin - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
Hekate - https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

here is a guide if you need one:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

The best bet is to play Online games with legit purchases on Sysnand.

that way you save the suspension on your Rolly
ok ive all that copying over to a hdd ill let it copy over night

how do i do this?

also once im all backed up and sd card formatted should i update the switch to the latest version and back up the new nand?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I guess that playing online should only be done on sysnand, but the whole reason I hacked my old switch was because I want to inject that pesky event that is no longer available. :cry:
I’m not familiar enough w/ the game and the history to know if they watch for those types of changes but it stands to reason that a user suddenly gaining an old event award would stick out a little.
Btw, when you said [any “backup” nsp or xci games installed on your switch will get you banned] you meant pirate content, right?
Correct! Was referring to the games themselves. Backing up game saves is generally OK except some Online games that track your deltas (like ACNH).
For example, I did a backup of the save file of Pokémon Shining Pearl and then restored it later. I have a physical copy of the game. Does that merit a ban?
If you were to make a backup of a game you own to nsp or XCI and install it using a homebrew installer it would still look like privacy and warrant a ban.

Backing up games saves is generally safe and aside from using game saves to cheat Online the chances are extremely slim.

There’s a whole thread you can read on the topic over here: banning thread.

ok ive all that copying over to a hdd ill let it copy over night

how do i do this?
Check AutoRCM in Hekate and make sure it’s off. If you’ve not run Incognito you probably didn’t use it. it actually makes a copy of your serial number and then removes from the system so if you lose the backup you can;t get your serial number back.
also once im all backed up and sd card formatted should i update the switch to the latest version and back up the new nand?
I would stay at the same level you were befor until the official Atmosphere moves beyond pre-release. There are absolutely zero games out that require the latest FW.

Last edited by binkinator,

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m not familiar enough w/ the game and the history to know if they watch for those types of changes but it stands to reason that a user suddenly gaining an old event award would stick out a little.

Correct! Was referring to the games themselves. Backing up game saves is generally OK except some Online games that track your deltas (like ACNH).

If you were to make a backup of a game you own to nsp or XCI and install it using a homebrew installer it would still look like privacy and warrant a ban.

Backing up games saves is generally safe and aside from using game saves to cheat Online the chances are extremely slim.

Check AutoRCM in Hekate and make sure it’s off. If you’ve not run Incognito you probably didn’t use it. it actually makes a copy of your serial number and then removes from the system so if you lose the backup you can;t get your serial number back.

I would stay at the same level you were befor until the official Atmosphere moves beyond pre-release. There are absolutely zero games out that require the latest FW.
ok ill post back if i need help

thanks for all your help youve been great

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it fine doing it with jksv?
I think I am confusing backing up a game and backing up the save file or "progress" of a game. All I just did was backing up my Shining Pearl save file or "progress" using jkvs and then restoring it.
Also, I don't think I have any sys-module (Idk think I know what that is) and I haven't installed any cheat.
Sorry, I ask to many questions because I am stupid and paranoid.

Last edited by PercuOcto,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it fine doing it with jksv?
I think I am confusing backing up a game and backing up the save file or "progress" of a game. All I just did was backing up my Shining Pearl save file or "progress" using jkvs and then restoring it.
Also, I don't think I have any sys-module (Idk think I know what that is) and I haven't installed any cheat.
Sorry, I ask to many questions because I am stupid and paranoid.
No worries. That’s why I’ve tried to be deliberate w/ my description.

Game Saves created with tools such as JKSV and Checkpoint are generally safe.

Sys-modules are like sys-clock or missioncontrol. You put them under /atmosphere/contents. You would know if you installed them by looking in that directory.

Ask away…that’s what this channel is for! :-)

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries. That’s why I’ve tried to be deliberate w/ my description.

Game Saves created with tools such as JKSV and Checkpoint are generally safe.

Sys-modules are like sys-clock or missioncontrol. You put them under /atmosphere/contents. You would know if you installed them by looking in that directory.

Ask away…that’s what this channel is for! :-)
Ok, thanks!
Another question: Is CWFsynand and StockSynd the same, I know that cfw means that it is running cfw, but what I mean by that is that if I made progress on cwfsysnad will it show on stocksysnand and vice versa?
Also, what's the purpose of cwfsysnand, if it safe to use and going online? Can I do all I said before (like backing up games with jksv and then restoring it) on cwfsynand instead of emunand?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks!
Another question: Is CWFsynand and StockSynd the same, I know that cfw means that it is running cfw, but what I mean by that is that if I made progress on cwfsysnad will it show on stocksysnand and vice versa?
Also, what's the purpose of cwfsysnand, if it safe to use and going online? Can I do all I said before (like backing up games with jksv and then restoring it) on cwfsynand instead of emunand?
CFW/Sysnand and Stock/Sysnand use the same eMMC built in to your Switch. This is what holds the OS. CFW is a sort of wrapper around the OS that a allows you to run things not originally intended such as homebre (and other “stuff”). Since the game saves are stored in the *Nand (in this case both using Sysnand) any progress made in Sysnand/Stock would also reflect in CFW/Sysnand. The danger here is that people forget while using CFW/Sysnand and install “backups” via nsp or xci and since they share the same Sysnand, the next time you boot Stock…you connect to Ninty w/ a pirated game installed and viola…your switch is banned. This a benefit of running CFW/Emunand. Emunand starts off as an exact copy of Sysnand. Most people ensure Emunand is blocked from connecting to Ninty servers by blocking DNS and masking their Prodinfo (serial number). Anything you do on Emunand is therefor hidden from prying eyes. The one downside is you can’t safely take it Online. Any progress you make in Emunand is NOT recorded in Sysnand. They are completely isolated and their contents will diverge with use of the two different systems. You could technically use CFW to do game save backups on one Nand and restore them on the other, but it’s tricky and easy to mess up so I typically advise people to not do that until they have more experience and know what to be careful of and what is OK.

Sysnand 100% clean and can go Online
Emunand 100% dirty and stays Offline

Based on your line of questions is sounds like you are looking for a way to play a game on your Emunand, make edits/changes and then make a game save backup and then import that backup to your Sysnand by restoring your game save to you legit copy of the game stored on your Sysnand, correct?

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand 100% clean and can go Online
Emunand 100% dirty and stays Offline

Based on your line of questions is sounds like you are looking for a way to play a game on your Emunand, make edits/changes and then make a game save backup and then import that backup to your Sysnand by restoring your game save to you legit copy of the game stored on your Sysnand, correct?
Nope, I already tried the whole biskey3 hacdiskmount thing (and it worked; basically I just saved in a another location), but its a hassle. I just want to know if I can avoid all that by doing it on cwfsysnand. It is not of my interest to cheat, install pirate content, put themes, emulate other consoles, hyper-personalize the console, etc. Anything of that.

So basically:
Sysnand 100% = clean and can go Online
Emunand 100% = dirty and stays Offline
But CFWsysnand = ? and if use cfw will sysnand get dirty?

I want to try something minor like making a backup of Pokémon Shining Pearl using jksv, then put only one pokéball in my bag using PKhex, then restoring that edited save file using jksv, all this process while being on CFWsysnand. So, if CFWsysnadn and stock share the same files it wouldn't be an issue if I play the game on stock and I shouldn't get banned. But I don't know if I am correct.

In my opinion, I think most people use emunand to play pirate games, dlc, etc., or cheating online. I might be wrong, but honestly, I don't really care about that stuff.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I already tried the whole biskey3 hacdiskmount thing (and it worked; basically I just saved in a another location), but its a hassle. I just want to know if I can avoid all that by doing it on cwfsysnand. It is not of my interest to cheat, install pirate content, put themes, emulate other consoles, hyper-personalize the console, etc. Anything of that.

So basically:
Sysnand 100% = clean and can go Online
Emunand 100% = dirty and stays Offline
But CFWsysnand = ? and if use cfw will sysnand get dirty?
Anything aside from 100% pure Nintendo puts you at some amount of risk.
Maybe not today but we don’t know about the future.

With that in mind, CFW on Sysnand would round up to safe. There are many that do this very thing Online all the time for several,years.
Using JKSV on CFW Sysnand would also round up to safe.

Combined, if that’s all you’re doing, the risk would still probably round up to safe.
I want to try something minor like making a backup of Pokémon Shining Pearl using jksv, then put only one pokéball in my bag using PKhex, then restoring that edited save file using jksv, all this process while being on CFWsysnand. So, if CFWsysnadn and stock share the same files it wouldn't be an issue if I play the game on stock and I shouldn't get banned. But I don't know if I am correct.
I don’t know enough about that game’s specifics to say one way or the other.
In my opinion, I think most people use emunand to play pirate games, dlc, etc., or cheating online. I might be wrong, but honestly, I don't really care about that stuff.
IMO you’re probably right. If you’re not doing any of that…you’re probably fine today. Can’t speak for the future…

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Binkinator I tried but violent for my sd card

can we modify the overlay?

Attachments

• 16773121297872762091304840571359.jpg
    16773121297872762091304840571359.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by dygeo,

firemoder

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey folks,
I have a noob question.
I have a V1 patched erista switch.
i soldered the v5 hwfly modchip with the firmware 0.7.1 in my switch.
But console is not reacting.
On pc the chip led is blue pulsing.
Do i need a firmware update to 0.7.2 or maybe a firmware downgrade to make it work?
I read 0.7.1 is not work with erista switch, and 0.7.2 mostly works.
Or works 0.7.2 for sure with v1 switch?

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey folks,
I have a noob question.
I have a V1 patched erista switch.
i soldered the v5 hwfly modchip with the firmware 0.7.1 in my switch.
But console is not reacting.
On pc the chip led is blue pulsing.
Do i need a firmware update to 0.7.2 or maybe a firmware downgrade to make it work?
I read 0.7.1 is not work with erista switch, and 0.7.2 mostly works.
Or works 0.7.2 for sure with v1 switch?
did the original firmware work fine? is it a v5 lite?your chip and detect on your pc? If it flashes blue I think it's normal.

Last edited by dygeo,

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I just received an RCMloader. I know I need to update it with the latest version of hekate (the one I've been using with Tegra RCM). Should I copy it to one of these folders already on the RCMloader or delete everything and then put it in?

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 19

firemoder

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did the original firmware work fine? is it a v5 lite?your chip and detect on your pc? If it flashes blue I think it's normal.
its the hwfly core v5.
its send with hwfly nx 0.7.1
no didnt work with it

jeah i flashed it onfortunately with a moded 0.7.2 that should work better with erista switch.
But after this it didnt work either.
uhm btw after a succesfull flash.
i tryd to flash it back, but chip wasnt flashable anymore with pc but still with blue led.
i send it back to the seller and get a new one.
But maybe the only problem is that i should have downgraded the firmware.
I dont know but i need to know for next chip :D

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
its the hwfly core v5.
its send with hwfly nx 0.7.1
no didnt work with it

jeah i flashed it onfortunately with a moded 0.7.2 that should work better with erista switch.
But after this it didnt work either.
uhm btw after a succesfull flash.
i tryd to flash it back, but chip wasnt flashable anymore with pc but still with blue led.
i send it back to the seller and get a new one.
But maybe the only problem is that i should have downgraded the firmware.
I dont know but i need to know for next chip :D
that's the problem if you flash a chip with the wrong firmware = dead. I have already broken a chip like this. there is no chip for the version of your console?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just received an RCMloader. I know I need to update it with the latest version of hekate (the one I've been using with Tegra RCM). Should I copy it to one of these folders already on the RCMloader or delete everything and then put it in?
If it‘s one of the “new V5” RCM loaders, check the size of the partition. If it is ~700k it is a stripped down revision that doesn’t have all the features of the original and cannot be modified. This includes trying to update firmware, which will brick you loader. Investigation is under way but so far nobody has been able to modify these. The best way to get these to work is to chainload Hekate and allow it to update to latest version stored on your SDCard.

Last edited by binkinator,

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you averse to using a Trinket M0 in your Erista?

Trinket M0 Hardware — The @mattytrog Bible for installing the Trinket M0
Trinket M0 Software — The @mattytrog encyclopedia of Trinket M0 software (source here https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_SUITE)

If it‘s one of the “new V5” RCM loaders, check the size of the partition. If it is ~700k it is a stripped down revision that doesn’t have all the features of the original and cannot be modified. This includes trying to update firmware, which will brick you loader. Investigation is under way but so far nobody has been able to modify these. The best way to get these to work is to chainload Hekate and allow it to update to latest version stored on your SDCard.
Thanks for your reply. I ordered this from AliExpress after deliberately checking for positive reviews but when I opened the Properties in Windows, it does appear to have a capacity similar to what you're referring to.

Could you help me understand how to chainload Hekate and allow it to update to the latest version from the SDCard? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: imagine not having hands, cringe +1