Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DogeDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble installing an HWFLY modchip for my switch oled. I bought a V5 HWFLY OLED modchip and when I sent it in to a local repair shop to have it modded. When the chip was being installed, there was a problem with the dat0 adaptor. The repair man said the diode value of the adapter was incorrect and instead of reading 0.5 - 0.8, it was reading 0.102. He said the adapter is probably not touching the correct points and the adapter might be defective. If someone would tell me if it is defective or just installed incorrectly that would be great because I don't want to spend money on a new adapter if I don't have to.

Attachments

• IMG_9155.jpg
    IMG_9155.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by DogeDonut,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that too, but it didn't work
Does OFW work?
I installed an nsp and instead of an icon on the home screen its just a spinning circle. I also can't open the game cuz i gives me an error code 2155-8007. how would I fix this?
Go into System Settings -> Data Management. There should be an invalid title that is blank which you can uninstall from there.
I thought that much. Do i have to de reinstall Atmosphere and everything ?
Making an account the Primary one doesn't involve Atmosphere but it does involve going online which can put you at risk for a ban. Do you have the latest patches? And if so, where did you download them from?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would mac effect it?
MAC screws the filesystem of the mSD, just go to hekate and use archive bit to fix it.
This is a post from other user but you can see in the picture, you just touch on "archive bit" which is under "Tools" with your finger and do "fix the archive bit". It will probably fix all your problem unless you have something else not properly setup, but every time you put the mSD on your mac most likely you will have to use Archive bit.

But there's some app on the mac that the problem will not happen but I have no idea which because I don't own a mac and never will...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone PLEASE answer to my questions below which I asked previously?

What the heck happened with the original OC Suite, why was it removed?

Also is it safe to update to FW 16.0 or 16.02 or is it even worth it at the moment?

I really want to know if all the following stuff are all working fine:

- Tesla Menu;
- nx-ovlloader;
- SaltyNX 0.4.0a hotfix;
- Status monitor;
- NX-FPS;
- OC Suite (the new version has everything exactly like latest version of the original fully working??);
- ReverseNX-RT;
- Edizon overlay;
- Mission control.

Last edited by guily6669,

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
So installed HATS pack on oled and noticed there's sysmmc and emummc both of which are cfw. Why not have ofw here, what's the point of sysmmc?

Relon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For a new oled console: run it and update ofw before installing chip (e.g. INSTINCT-NX if it matters)? Or don't upgrade , leave it as it is and install the chip?

clothbeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Making an account the Primary one doesn't involve Atmosphere but it does involve going online which can put you at risk for a ban. Do you have the latest patches? And if so, where did you download them from?
I always download them here from a megathread.
I often play my original games Online and never had any issues.
The question is if i go on sysmmc online and make the console primary how do i get it on atmosphere ?

Does anyone know the solution for the Problem with the games that stop working ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So installed HATS pack on oled and noticed there's sysmmc and emummc both of which are cfw. Why not have ofw here, what's the point of sysmmc?
There are multiple reasons. One example is restoring save data since some people will play games on emuMMC but wish to transfer their progress to sysMMC such as leaked games. Another example is the ability to update sysMMC without burning fuses which is very, very difficult without CFW. You can also live life dangerously by bringing mods online. And these are just some of the reasons why someone would boot CFW on sysMMC. There are many things that can only be accomplished by launching CFW on sysMMC.
For a new oled console: run it and update ofw before installing chip (e.g. INSTINCT-NX if it matters)? Or don't upgrade , leave it as it is and install the chip?
Don't. You can always update the firmware after you install the chip.
I always download them here from a megathread.
I often play my original games Online and never had any issues.
The question is if i go on sysmmc online and make the console primary how do i get it on atmosphere ?

Does anyone know the solution for the Problem with the games that stop working ?
Whether or not a console is primary is tied to the hardware, not whether you boot CFW or OFW. So if you are willing to take the risk, you can go online to make the console the Primary account holder. Also just because you haven't had issues yet doesn't mean you won't have issues down the line. Bans occur randomly and can occur even after years of normal usage.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I am having trouble installing an HWFLY modchip for my switch oled. I bought a V5 HWFLY OLED modchip and when I sent it in to a local repair shop to have it modded. When the chip was being installed, there was a problem with the dat0 adaptor. The repair man said the diode value of the adapter was incorrect and instead of reading 0.5 - 0.8, it was reading 0.102. He said the adapter is probably not touching the correct points and the adapter might be defective. If someone would tell me if it is defective or just installed incorrectly that would be great because I don't want to spend money on a new adapter if I don't have to.
i installed a couple of these and chances that the adapter is defective are very low due to the simpicity of the design.
on the other hand, the chances of incorrect installation or damage during installation are very high because these adapters are also very fragile (at the point that is supposed to touch the solder ball under the chip).
if you have a multimeter you can test it your self in continuity mode between 2 points of the adapter

poughstings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Im trying to use AtmoXL ftp install feature, but it won't connect to filezilla (I can't use the USB option). FTPD works for some reason though. please help

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't because the IC is fried and the USB C only charges one way. Any other options?

If you want to install over the network you have to make sure the network for both your computer and the switch fall under the same network. You can try other title install that have network install feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like gnome didn't even detect it correctly