Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If those updates require a higher firmware that emunand on the lower firmware would not be able to install the updates.
Assuming these updates don't need a higher firmware, is it safe to install these legally obtained update .nsp's for my legally owned games on my emuMMC?

carnage781

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now updated my Switch CFW to 17.0 with DayBreak and also updated the atmosphere to newest version too. Now I am getting this error, at first was when I tried to load a game that was already installed and worked perfectly fine before the updates, now its doing it in the home menu without selecting anything. What did I do wrong or miss? How do I fix it?

I have updated my cfw and atmosphere plenty of times over the years and never encountered anything like this error before, I have more or less followed the same steps I always have aside from Daybreak the last few times cs chudojoi in times past before that

Attachments

• IMG_5997.jpeg
    IMG_5997.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

haralds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been very happy with my OLED Switch with a large purchased (legal) collection of games. They are all eShop downloaded games. To play them on a second console, it would have to validate.
I was in the same situation on the WiiU but I HomeBrewed it to play with mods on BotW and add Gamecube games loaded from a disk.
I just bought an unpatched V1 console from eBay and ordered an RCM switch because I am lazy.
What would be the order with macOS:
- Boot into RCM with setup SDcard and backup existing ROM
- Install CFW
When do I download my software collections and Nintendo network saves from the eShop? Anything to look out for?
Thanks,

Last edited by haralds,

Marcell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a v1 Switch which I am using Atmosphere with. I play my retail games on physical, and everything else, well, on emunand. I always paid attention to only run CFW on the Emunand, so that Nintendo doesn't bust me. Now I have the problem that I need to move a save game of mine to an Emunand on another switch. I know that JKSV is the right choice to do this, but I am bloody afraid to enter CFW on Sysnand.

So can someone tell me, how safe is it to use Atmosphere on sysnand, with the sole purpose of entering the HBB and using JKSV for exporting a save?

EddyKay

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there.
Is there any clue how to get Edizon activated Cheat to effect in Game (fe.: Super Mario Odyssey)? Edizon is starting properly I would say. When I start the Game, the TeslaEdizon Overlay is finding the Program ID, Build ID, Process ID, cheats and if I switch one of that cheats ON, nothing happens. Do I need to Press any Button after activating?
Ty in advance

mhortet

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys. I am struggling to identify if this specific modchip will work with my machine. Mainly because of that "New 2040plus" legend, which is different from the chips I see in tutorials. Is it just because this is a cheaper clone?

Also, the machine is a V2 on firmware 17.0.0. Should I expect any problems if trying this modchip?

1701079668540.png

Reactions: madisonswitch

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after playing some Skyrim yesterday I put the console to sleep. Right after the screen went off, Atmosphere crashed because of program ID 0100000000000014.
I checked a bit around, and this could happen when using some sysmodules that I've never installed. According to the log, audio is the process name, so it could be relevant that I was using Bluetooth audio: I almost always leave Bluetooth enabled, as it is disabled automatically when the console goes to sleep.
This kind of crashes are the most problematic for my setup, because if I wasn't there the Switch would've rebooted to Hekate without me noticing, and the battery would've died out pretty soon.
I briefly tried to run the game again, close it and put the console to sleep, and as I feared the crash did not happen, which means I won't be able to reproduce it.
Crash log is attached. Should I be worried? Or is this something that could happen from time to time?

Around half an hour earlier I got another crash, apparently caused by Tesla (program ID: 420000000007e51a, program name: ovlloader). I was trying to access the Fizeau overlay iirc. I don't think the two crashes are related, but I should mention it for the sake of transparency.

Attachments

• 01701045572_0100000000000014.txt
    79 KB · Views: 14

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been very happy with my OLED Switch with a large purchased (legal) collection of games. They are all eShop downloaded games. To play them on a second console, it would have to validate.
I was in the same situation on the WiiU but I HomeBrewed it to play with mods on BotW and add Gamecube games loaded from a disk.
I just bought an unpatched V1 console from eBay and ordered an RCM switch because I am lazy.
What would be the order with macOS:
- Boot into RCM with setup SDcard and backup existing ROM
- Install CFW
When do I download my software collections and Nintendo network saves from the eShop? Anything to look out for?
Thanks,
If you want to utilize your digital collection and saves on a console you're planning to hack, then you should download your games and save data first before hacking it because hacking it puts you at risk for being banned so doing it in this order ensures you don't put yourself at unnecessary risk. After that, you can setup CFW on your unpatched console. If you need a guide, I recommend following this one. Not only was it the first guide to be released for the Switch scene, its been updated regularly as the scene progressed.
I have a v1 Switch which I am using Atmosphere with. I play my retail games on physical, and everything else, well, on emunand. I always paid attention to only run CFW on the Emunand, so that Nintendo doesn't bust me. Now I have the problem that I need to move a save game of mine to an Emunand on another switch. I know that JKSV is the right choice to do this, but I am bloody afraid to enter CFW on Sysnand.

So can someone tell me, how safe is it to use Atmosphere on sysnand, with the sole purpose of entering the HBB and using JKSV for exporting a save?
There is always a chance at being banned when using CFW/homebrew. Nobody can tell you how safe it is but do be aware that some people have been banned for using solely save managers. In order to approach this situation, you have to weigh the cons and benefits. What is more important to you, your save data or ability to play online and access the eShop?

obierice

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't updated my Switch in a while so I updated Atmosphere to 1.6.2 and my firmware to 17.0 on my Sysnand. However, I didn't realize that updating to 17.0 on Sysnand is an issue, and I can't even boot into sysnand anymore.

I was originally able to boot into Emummc but I noticed it was quite a bit slower (booting games etc.), and now in the middle of playing Mario RPG, it just went black. I can boot into Hekate but booting Emummc is incredibly slow and basically gets stuck at the Nintendo Switch loading screen.

What can I do to fix it? Is there a way I can downgrade? Is 17.0 on sysnand the issue? My firmware on EmuMMC is still on 16.1 I believe.

Last edited by obierice,

Boselaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a Switch that has not been updated since the SX OS days years ago.

Searching around I found people in the same situation being recommended this reentry guide. https://rentry.org/mys8q

Just wanted to check here first to see if this is still the way to go, or if something better to follow is out.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a Switch that has not been updated since the SX OS days years ago.

Searching around I found people in the same situation being recommended this reentry guide. https://rentry.org/mys8q

Just wanted to check here first to see if this is still the way to go, or if something better to follow is out.

Follow rentry guide.

Reactions: Boselaw

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my Switch in a while so I updated Atmosphere to 1.6.2 and my firmware to 17.0 on my Sysnand. However, I didn't realize that updating to 17.0 on Sysnand is an issue, and I can't even boot into sysnand anymore.

I was originally able to boot into Emummc but I noticed it was quite a bit slower (booting games etc.), and now in the middle of playing Mario RPG, it just went black. I can boot into Hekate but booting Emummc is incredibly slow and basically gets stuck at the Nintendo Switch loading screen.

What can I do to fix it? Is there a way I can downgrade? Is 17.0 on sysnand the issue? My firmware on EmuMMC is still on 16.1 I believe.
Since you said you updated Atmosphere and mentioned Hekate, it sounds like you didn't update Hekate. Download the latest release from the official GitHub page. It also sounds like you didn't update your patches. Get the latest patches from this thread.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always had airplane mode on before. I only use a usb ethernet to get online for the AIO updater and the hb app store thing.

As I posted earlier, I was updating other stuff and then was updating to 17.0.0 on the emucfw. I don't even get a blink of the switch logo splash screen before it crashes to the same error.

Now I can't do any of that, because it won't effing turn on when I power cycle. And when I do manage to turn it on, it just gives me that atmosphere error screen.
Okay this is making no freaking sense to me.

Finally able to make time to try and tinker with the switch more. Still kept the 256gb sd card how I had it before I upgraded to a 1tb one. Didnt finish booting, but the fact it would at least boot shows promise.

Redownload and re extract atmosphere to the sd card. Plug in rcmloader again. AS I HOLD IT IN MY HANDS it is booting again, and able to reach the switch os with the updated atmosphere and firmware.

But literally the moment I put it back on tbe dock to charge, it ABSOLUTELY WONT! All I get is this effing error.

Attachments

• IMG20231127203249.jpg
    IMG20231127203249.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay this is making no freaking sense to me.

Finally able to make time to try and tinker with the switch more. Still kept the 256gb sd card how I had it before I upgraded to a 1tb one. Didnt finish booting, but the fact it would at least boot shows promise.

Redownload and re extract atmosphere to the sd card. Plug in rcmloader again. AS I HOLD IT IN MY HANDS it is booting again, and able to reach the switch os with the updated atmosphere and firmware.

But literally the moment I put it back on tbe dock to charge, it ABSOLUTELY WONT! All I get is this effing error.
Your error is literally the same as shown in this thread. Try to apply the same fix he did (don't blank your serial number).

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, what is exosphere?
If you have a file named exosphere.ini in your atmosphere folder, open it with a text editor, and check if blank_prodinfo is set to 1. If it is, set it back to 0 and reboot Atmosphere. Or you could just delete the file altogether. Your serial will be unblanked. Don't get yourself banned. Use an alternative method of blocking Nintendo servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: Walmart... Isn't that where "KARENS" hang out at?