Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a file named exosphere.ini in your atmosphere folder, open it with a text editor, and check if blank_prodinfo is set to 1. If it is, set it back to 0 and reboot Atmosphere. Or you could just delete the file altogether. Your serial will be unblanked. Don't get yourself banned. Use an alternative method of blocking Nintendo servers.
Is it possible to get banned even if I never put in my nintendo id on the console? Already made a point to scrub the last one it had from its prior owner (who im told has since upgraded to an OLED model + modchip).

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to get banned even if I never put in my nintendo id on the console? Already made a point to scrub the last one it had from its prior owner (who im told has since upgraded to an OLED model + modchip).
Yes, it's possible. Bans occur if Nintendo detects your Switch has been modified in some way, or have illegal games installed. If you want to play online, you should have a clean OFW for online play, and do all your CFW stuff on an emuMMC, that never connects with Nintendo online.

haralds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a 512GB microSD, is to better to use FAT32 or can I use exFAT?
Can I just partition on a desktop or do I need to use utilties on the hacked Switch?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just formatted on a Switch and it is using exFAT.
You are better off using FAT32. exFat is known for corruption problems down the road. Use this tool below: Zip file
Post automatically merged:

You are better off using FAT32, you can format with tools like guiformat, minitool partition wizard
Welcome to GBATemp Newcomer! :D

Attachments

• Guiformat_X86_X64.zip
    79.9 KB · Views: 15

haralds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are better off using FAT32. exFat is known for corruption problems down the road. Use this tool below: Zip file
Post automatically merged:

Welcome to GBATemp Newcomer! :D
After reading some of the misadventures on forums, it looks like some of the hacking tools occasionally cause foul ups with exFAT.
FAT32 it is!

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is probably a pretty common question... after I hack my Switch can I still do things online? I would like to still buy indie games and playing Tetris 99 might be cool? From what I'm reading you can just boot the regular OS? Sorry I know that question probably comes up all the time.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This is probably a pretty common question... after I hack my Switch can I still do things online? I would like to still buy indie games and playing Tetris 99 might be cool? From what I'm reading you can just boot the regular OS? Sorry I know that question probably comes up all the time.
As far as I know, you can create an emuNAND and use it for your CFW stuff and games, while keeping your sysNAND clean and for online gaming. Online stuff on the emuNAND should be limited to homebrew updates and alike and Nintendo servers and services should be blocked using DNS MITM method. There's no 100% guarantee that you won't get banned as there's always a very low chance that it could happen sometime in the future.

Here's a guide on how to avoid getting banned.

Reactions: WizardWell

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know, you can create an emuNAND and use it for your CFW stuff and games, while keeping your sysNAND clean and for online gaming. Online stuff on the emuNAND should be limited to homebrew updates and alike and Nintendo servers and services should be blocked using DNS MITM method. There's no 100% guarantee that you won't get banned as there's always a very low chance that it could happen sometime in the future.

Awesome, thanks so much!

Reactions: Blythe93

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your error is literally the same as shown in this thread. Try to apply the same fix he did (don't blank your serial number).
Strange, makes me wonder why that's an issue now, when before my exosphere config file suggested it defaulted to blanking both the sysnand and emunand serial numbers.

Well, good news is, it'll boot up and work when docked. Though seems at present, if I try to enter the hb app store even with the DNS MitM HOSTS file in place, it also insta-crashes Atmosphere at the moment.

**Update** Good thing such homebrew is easy enough to find with Google. updating that, sigpatches, and things are coming back together. Whew...!

Last edited by codezer0,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just ordered an unpatched Switch tablet. Been doing a lot of reading and have a couple of questions before it arrives.

1) If I enable AutoRCM and just always have it docked, I don't have to worry at all about the battery drain. Correct?

2) I only ever play my Switch docked and I have a Joy-Con charging dock so they are never attached to the console. That said, can I just leave the jig attached to the Switch at all times instead of having to keep putting it on to send the payload when going from OFW back emunand? Or will leaving the jig on at all times cause problems with hardware/software/ban, etc?

Thanks!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) If I enable AutoRCM and just always have it docked, I don't have to worry at all about the battery drain. Correct?
I guess? Make sure to read about AutoRCM before enabling it here.
2) I only ever play my Switch docked and I have a Joy-Con charging dock so they are never attached to the console. That said, can I just leave the jig attached to the Switch at all times instead of having to keep putting it on to send the payload when going from OFW back emunand? Or will leaving the jig on at all times cause problems with hardware/software/ban, etc?
If you're using AutoRCM, you don't need a jig anymore. If you enable AutoRCM, your Switch will never again boot normally on its own as it'll boot straight into RCM and expect a payload in order to continue. I'm not sure about possible damage that jig can cause to your console other than damaging those pins in your right joycon rail, especially if you have a homemade paperclip jig.

taz26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Is there a risk for local multiplayer?
I have a modded switch lite, and I'd like to play vs another stock switch which has online.

And another question: just bought this switch lite (picofly). Everything works fine on cfw emunand, but the HOS has been reseted to factory, when I launch it and create a new profile, it tells me that the sd card must be formatted. Will it erase everything, included the apps/games on the emunand?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a risk for local multiplayer?
I have a modded switch lite, and I'd like to play vs another stock switch which has online.
Unfortunately, I have no experience with the local multiplayer so I do it at your own risk or maybe wait for someone more experienced to reply.
I believe that it should be fine as long as you don't connect to the Nintendo servers. With DNS MITM set up you're already blocking Nintendo servers on your modded Switch. As for the stock one, you could set up 90DNS per connection.

Only in that case I personalyl would try out local multiplayer and, if it works, cool. I've found this user's reply here about local multiplayer and, if your games fall into case 2, you're golden.

And another question: just bought this switch lite (picofly). Everything works fine on cfw emunand, but the HOS has been reseted to factory, when I launch it and create a new profile, it tells me that the sd card must be formatted. Will it erase everything, included the apps/games on the emunand?
I have no experience with the hardmodded Switches, but I'm pretty sure that formatting SD card on sysNAND side will definitely remove pretty much everything that is on SD card, including emuNAND.

Reactions: taz26

phester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does SYSNand OF just reference a fat32 sd card and look for a Nintendo folder? is your card exfat. I am building my knowledge base in advance of my picofly arriving. I have seen my switch look to format an sd card once inserted and i would guess its Fat32 from factory.

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
how to fix tinfoil or rather
how to set up tinfoil

last time i remember (6-8 months ago)
i have to edit the http password website address etc

im not using it to download games but
to update games (currently ilooking to dowload AC 1.01 for the cheat to work/compatibility)
and game shares save data (currently looking for MK11 complete items)

tried googling it but i cant find any latest, the one i done was may 2023 and its not working
hopefully its ok to ask here

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, makes me wonder why that's an issue now, when before my exosphere config file suggested it defaulted to blanking both the sysnand and emunand serial numbers.

Well, good news is, it'll boot up and work when docked. Though seems at present, if I try to enter the hb app store even with the DNS MitM HOSTS file in place, it also insta-crashes Atmosphere at the moment.

**Update** Good thing such homebrew is easy enough to find with Google. updating that, sigpatches, and things are coming back together. Whew...!
Okay, explain something to me.
Finally got the switch booting and not instant crashing again. Pack it up to take to work as it had been sitting to charge on the dock.

Finally able to go on break, the thing is hot and more than half the battery life is already gone. What the actual fuck?

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if ALL questions, including troubleshooting hwfly lite installs... I will post more info if I'm in the right place, but chip powers with blue short, then yellow short x2 (pause) yellow short x2 (pause) yellow short. Proceeds to boot OFW no hekate or 'no sd' boot.

EDT... NM, it's been resolved.

Last edited by HawaiianInTown,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...