Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that just means you are booting Atmosphere via Fusee which is how it was intended. Although Hekate is a better bootloader than Fusee, there is nothing wrong with using Fusee.

What have I done wrong then ?

I formatted sd card to Fat32.
Downloaded all the files from sdsetup.com.
Put my switch into RCM mode.
Injected atmopshere. Installed a few nsps.
Will this work in the long run or have I missed out too many steps ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What have I done wrong then ?

I formatted sd card to Fat32.
Downloaded all the files from sdsetup.com.
Put my switch into RCM mode.
Injected atmopshere. Installed a few nsps.
Will this work in the long run or have I missed out too many steps ?
If you downloaded the files from sdsetup, that means you are booting with Hekate unless you downloaded Fusee_primary. The payload that you are sending through TegraRCM is the bootloader being used to boot Atmosphere. Also the "M" in "RCM" stands for mode so saying "RCM Mode" is tantamount to saying Recovery Mode Mode.

Anyways as long as CFW is working, there are really no issues to speak of.

Riccardo12

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi. I think i did a mess. :( I Dump package 1/2 and I back up EMMC. I run biskey and I try to get my key with kezplez. Keep going in error. because I discover I didn't dump package 1. Hekate cannot dump it.... Now what can I do? I already used CFW on emuNand. How can I get package 1 and the key? Thanks!

rolfdafiftynine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so when it says its safe to buy until XAJ70040000000... but unsafe starting wit XAJ7004000000... a console with XAJ7004XYZ... with X, Y, Z > 0 is unsafe, right?

Luxray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a switch on 6.2.0 firmware with a low enough serial number.

I'm looking to install custom firmware, and I have a couple of questions:

- Is there anything in particular I should be aware of generally, or modding using this firmware revision?
- I'm looking to use my switch for general use (play online) as well as take advantage of it being modded, what are the best steps I can take to avoid my switch being banned from online play?
- I've read that making sure you do not use only services at all while in CFW can help to avoid bans, if this is the case is there any way to disable internet in CFW only, while still having it active SysNAND?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the times to answer these questions, and please let me know if there is anything else I'm missing.

rolfdafiftynine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was at a Saturn (= Media Markt) and they told me there already were guys asking for a switch with old firmware and they do not have those anymore. Also gamestop had none too :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a switch on 6.2.0 firmware with a low enough serial number.

I'm looking to install custom firmware, and I have a couple of questions:

- Is there anything in particular I should be aware of generally, or modding using this firmware revision?
- I'm looking to use my switch for general use (play online) as well as take advantage of it being modded, what are the best steps I can take to avoid my switch being banned from online play?
- I've read that making sure you do not use only services at all while in CFW can help to avoid bans, if this is the case is there any way to disable internet in CFW only, while still having it active SysNAND?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the times to answer these questions, and please let me know if there is anything else I'm missing.

First thing to do is make a NAND backup with Hekate, and make an emunand via hidden partition if you want to use sysnand for online gameplay.
You can't use homebrew and play online on the same NAND, Disabling network doesn't prevent ban once you go online, if you insisted using sysnand for CFW only restoring clean NAND before going online would prevent a ban.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Luxray

Luxray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing to do is make a NAND backup with Hekate, and make an emunand via hidden partition if you want to use sysnand for online gameplay.
You can't use homebrew and play online on the same NAND, Disabling network doesn't prevent ban once you go online, if you insisted using sysnand for CFW only restoring clean NAND would prevent a ban.
Thank you for the swift answer.
So to be clear: provided I make a separate partition for Emunand/CFW specifically and avoid connecting online at all on this NAND, I should be alright?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the swift answer.
So to be clear: provided I make a separate partition for Emunand/CFW specifically and avoid connecting online at all on this NAND, I should be alright?

As long you don't get your emunand ban and don't run CFW on sysnand you should be good, once you ran CFW on sysnand you have to restore the clean nand in order to avoid a ban, you can go online on sysnand if done correctly.

Luxray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long you don't get your emunand ban and don't run CFW on sysnand you should be good, once you ran CFW on sysnand you have to restore the clean nand in order to avoid a ban, you can go online on sysnand if done correctly.
And just to ask a fully noob question here, how do you determine which NAND you're booting into?
Is it a button combination, a UI? Etc.

Luxray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to power cycle the unit to get to the other nand, so you need to power on and off.
Thank you, last question (I think)

What exactly is SX OS and the RCM Hardware?
Is it worth purchasing or it unecessary and largely a meme at this point?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, last question (I think)

What exactly is SX OS and the RCM Hardware?
Is it worth purchasing or it unecessary and largely a meme at this point?

SX OS is a CFW like Atmosphere and ReiNX which the latter two are free, RCM exploitable units are unit that allow you to use the fusee gelee exploit to push payloads through RCM mode, currently Atmosphere has emunand but it is still in experimental stage, hidden partition seem to work fine from what I have read. Prior to Atmosphere releasing emunand support only SX OS supported emunand. Extra feature for SX OS right now are XCI format mounting and USB HDD support. It is up to you if you want to able to run XCI format games offf a HDD.

XCI are basically cart dump and NSP are digital format where update and DLC content are only available in NSP.

Luxray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS is a CFW like Atmosphere and ReiNX which the latter two are free, RCM exploitable units are unit that allow you to use the fusee gelee exploit to push payloads through RCM mode, currently Atmosphere has emunand but it is still in experimental stage, hidden partition seem to work fine from what I have read. Prior to Atmosphere releasing emunand support only SX OS supported emunand. Extra feature for SX OS right now are XCI format mounting and USB HDD support. It is up to you if you want to able to run XCI format games offf a HDD.

XCI are basically cart dump and NSP are digital format where update and DLC content are only available in NSP.

Thanks again.
So XCI mounting is entirely impossible without SX OS, or it can be mounted from a different source?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm