Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great!

Here is that section in the guide you are using:
https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/emummc.html

I prefer a hidden partition which will require Hekate to format your SDCard. If you have games installed on your SDCard it will likely be too large to temporarily backup to memory (how Hekate does it on the fly) so you will need to make a backup by copy-paste on your PC.
i followed the instructions on the guide and it said enabled, but wiped the sd card of all games and the atmosphere files. so I readded them, but now when I try to boot using tegrarcmGUI it accepts the payload, hetake logo comes up on the switch, then the noise to say the switch has been disconnected from my pc sounds and the screen goes black on the switch?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed the instructions on the guide and it said enabled, but wiped the sd card of all games and the atmosphere files. so I readded them, but now when I try to boot using tegrarcmGUI it accepts the payload, hetake logo comes up on the switch, then the noise to say the switch has been disconnected from my pc sounds and the screen goes black on the switch?
Great. Let me go back and look at your hekate_ipl.ini (assuming it’s been copied back).

You should have /atmosphere/ and /bootloader/ from your backup, correct?

Which version of Hekate are you injecting with TegraRCMGUI? Did you update it as well?

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

We confirmed that /atmosphere/package3 is now on the SDCard, correct?

Livebythecoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great. Let me go back and look at your hekate_ipl.ini (assuming it’s been copied back).

You should have /atmosphere/ and /bootloader/ from your backup, correct?

Which version of Hekate are you injecting with TegraRCMGUI? Did you update it as well?

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

We confirmed that /atmosphere/package3 is now on the SDCard, correct?
I'm using Hekate 6.0.1, thats the most up to date version.

and yes, i deleted the old atmosphere and put the latest version on the top layer of the SD card.

so frustrating as I thought I was so close to being there as well.
Post automatically merged:

and yes, i deleted the old atmosphere and put the latest version on the top layer of the SD card.

the only other thing to add, is that now when I put the sd card into the PC it keeps saying the E drive is not recognised and wants me to reformat it, but says it will erase the contents of the SD card, which I don't really want to do, as since I did the partition an EmuMMC folder appear on the SD card, so I assume it has done something

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the only other thing to add, is that now when I put the sd card into the PC it keeps saying the E drive is not recognised and wants me to reformat it, but says it will erase the contents of the SD card, which I don't really want to do, as since I did the partition an EmuMMC folder appear on the SD card, so I assume it has done something
Perfect. That’s your Emunand partition. You do not want to format this.

You dropped the latest version of Hekate on the top level of your SDCard as well?

One thing we can try is fusee. Download the latest fusee.bin from the same place your got atmosphere and place it in /bootloader/payloads/ directory. Then boot up,Hekate and select the last Launch entry (fusee.)

Livebythecoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perfect. That’s your Emunand partition. You do not want to format this.

You dropped the latest version of Hekate on the top level of your SDCard as well?

One thing we can try is fusee. Download the latest fusee.bin from the same place your got atmosphere and place it in /bootloader/payloads/ directory. Then boot up,Hekate and select the last Launch entry (fusee.)
ok, that worked. so i launched fusee as the entry (will i need to do that every time going forward?).

now I am in, but I am in applet mode (looks like airplane mode), and can't see any of the games i have on the SD card?

when i boot it also says "old GUI found - there will be dragons! update bootloader" as a message on the switch.

Last edited by Livebythecoin,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, that worked. so i launched fusee as the entry (will i need to do that every time going forward?).
Yes, but most the time you will just leave your Switch in sleep mode and on the charger so it will be rare that you need to do this moving forward.
now I am in, but I am in applet mode (looks like airplane mode), and can't see any of the games i have on the SD card?

Great! The games should be inside your backup. You will need to use something like Emutool to copy them over from your emunand files to your emunand partition.

Cnotesdip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys !

Quick question on mortal kombat 11 is asking me to connect online also to update the software, modded downloaded game on tinfoil

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I got a ittle problem. I got this dragon message and went to a discord server, where they told me that i would have to download the newest hekate version (i believe it was 6.0.0)
This was good advice. The dragon message comes when your hekate is broken. Updating to latest is the right move.
after which i got a an error (the typical error screen 00010000001000 or something like that). They told me first to delete the atmosphere/content folder, but after the problem did not go away they told me to also update the atmosphere version, but I still got the error and then they completely left me alone in the dark and told me that i should just reset my CFW with all contents.
Deleting /atmosphere/contents is legit advice as well. You will find it in several guides. I typically just rename it to contents.bk for the same effect but yeah, they weren’t wrong in their direction.
To be honest, i don’t think that I got good help from the Discord and that everything was fine before I did what they told me to do but i do not know exactly, which version i did have of atmosphere(the hekate one i still now, it was 5.7.2). Could someone tell what would have been the right thing to do and if i can still save my switch (by for example downgrade again on the old atmosphere somehow[maybe there is a guide which tells you which atmosphere version goes to which firmware version]).
Thanks in advance for the help
Best wishes and have a great day!
Once you start down the path it’s best to fail forward. You will probably be best served upgrading Atmosphere as well.

Check out this guide and see what you might be missing:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

(Redoing steps won[t hurt…just take it nice and slow from the top.)

Reactions: prohibic

thiago7767

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a difference between these two methods of launching OFW SysNAND on Mariko modchipped devices?
  • Boot into Hekate, click Reboot > OFW
  • Create a hekate_ipl.ini entry like the following and boot to OFW through the Launch menu
Code:
[OFW SysNAND]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch_logo.bmp

Which method is better and why?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a difference between these two methods of launching OFW SysNAND on Mariko modchipped devices?
  • Boot into Hekate, click Reboot > OFW
  • Create a hekate_ipl.ini entry like the following and boot to OFW through the Launch menu
Code:
[OFW SysNAND]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch_logo.bmp

Which method is better and why?

No real advantage/disadvantage to either of them. The end result is the same.

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Quick question guys: i´m still using Goldleaf to transfer content to my switch but it´s working kinda bad. I´ve read around and found there are new, better installers. Which one would you recommend??

Thanks in advance

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i got this error "unknown pkg1 version, failed to launch hos", after copying and paste a game into my sd card exfat.
I like exfat, because is easier to install the games, but this time i got this error.

What should i do?
Thanks
Your SD card is most likely corrupted because you are using exFAT. Format the SD card to FAT32 to fix the issue and prevent corruption from happening ever again.

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Question:

I updated my game to the newest version but there are no cheats/they don't work on the new BID. How can I downgrade the game and play it (saved game data isn't important)

I tried to simply reinstall to the old build but it still prompted me to download the newest updates with no option to play without it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

I updated my game to the newest version but there are no cheats/they don't work on the new BID. How can I downgrade the game and play it (saved game data isn't important)

I tried to simply reinstall to the old build but it still prompted me to download the newest updates with no option to play without it.

You need to do two things, one is block nintendo server communications with like exosphere. The second thing to do is to delete the game and update and the tickets associated with them and reinstall with lower version update

waz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have a backup, use NXNandManager to see if you can recover your :USER/saves directory on from your emunand. If you can do this then it’s safe to simply format your SDCard and start from scratch. You will be able to manually recover your saves using JKSV like so:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/
Following this guide, but all of my saves are unlabeled. There a program that would recognize which games each saves are for? Or a database I can cross reference?

Edit - added example picture

Attachments

• explorer_FuP9hL1bV9.png
    explorer_FuP9hL1bV9.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 38

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, hot take +1