Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still doesnt work, I'll get an injector and try later. I wonder if formatting the switch helps?
Formatting the Switch is a little extreme. It shouldn't be needed. Just make sure you turn off your Switch properly. Then re-enter RCM. It wouldn't hurt to also reboot both of your PCs before retrying. You can also try different USB ports.

Sky391

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Formatting the Switch is a little extreme. It shouldn't be needed. Just make sure you turn off your Switch properly. Then re-enter RCM. It wouldn't hurt to also reboot both of your PCs before retrying. You can also try different USB ports.
Ive done all i could think of. Different usb port. Reinstall driver. reboot both pc and switch. Turn it off by holding 20 second. Several times. I just wonder if I format the switch at this point will it hurt the switch? If it wont, i will format it and try again.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive done all i could think of. Different usb port. Reinstall driver. reboot both pc and switch. Turn it off by holding 20 second. Several times. I just wonder if I format the switch at this point will it hurt the switch? If it wont, i will format it and try again.
Your Switch, your choice. But it probably won't change anything. Are you using emunand? Can you still boot properly in sysNand?

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a launch model Switch that I'd like to transfer my BotW Wii U save to. I understand this is possible with both consoles hacked, but I'm not ready to commit to CFW full time on the Switch.

My understanding is that Switch hacks are temporary in that you need to perform an exploit each time you boot.

Is there a setup that would allow me to perform the save injection and then forget about CFW and just go about my business. I'd only want to run CFW full time when the successor comes out.

I'm new to Switch hacking, but not the scene in general. My Wii, Wii U and 3DS are all hacked so I'm comfortable following one of the reputable guides, I just want to check if following it to the letter would lock me into CFW indefinitely.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can boot in sysNand properly.
Then try turning off your Switch. pulling out the SD card, and get back in RCM to try injecting the payload again. It might be something fishy with the files on your SD card. Hekate (the payload) should load without its GUI.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch model Switch that I'd like to transfer my BotW Wii U save to. I understand this is possible with both consoles hacked, but I'm not ready to commit to CFW full time on the Switch.

My understanding is that Switch hacks are temporary in that you need to perform an exploit each time you boot.

Is there a setup that would allow me to perform the save injection and then forget about CFW and just go about my business. I'd only want to run CFW full time when the successor comes out.

I'm new to Switch hacking, but not the scene in general. My Wii, Wii U and 3DS are all hacked so I'm comfortable following one of the reputable guides, I just want to check if following it to the letter would lock me into CFW indefinitely.
Well you don't need to keep using CFW after you inject the save but you do run the risk of being banned afterwards even if you stop using CFW.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any precautions I could take during or after to avoid that? Is the risk greater if I stop using the CFW?
Not really since the smoking gun will be the save data. Even if you remove all traces before or after, as long as the save data is there, there will always be a reason for Nintendo to ban you. Its up to you which is more important, transferring your save data or not being banned. You can't have your cake and eat it too on the Switch.

dpadvance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand if I make a request the possibility someone might not care. But can I hire/pay someone to make me a mod/cheat code for yuzu?

Request: I want would like a mod/cheat code for Yuzu that allows me to start with red boost mushroom (infinite usage) in mario kart 8 deluxe. I spent a good amount of time searching for this on the internet before asking. Also I was able to find the value in cheat engine to keep the red mushroom item in the item box but it won't let me use it. Anyone interested?

Last edited by dpadvance,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got my OLED chipped and created an emummc. my sysmmc has my Nintendo Account linked. can i factory restore my emummc or unlink my nintendo account from it?

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really since the smoking gun will be the save data. Even if you remove all traces before or after, as long as the save data is there, there will always be a reason for Nintendo to ban you. Its up to you which is more important, transferring your save data or not being banned. You can't have your cake and eat it too on the Switch.
I see, thanks for the clarity. I don't use cloud saves if that makes a difference at all?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A search engine can't get anyone in trouble
I know, I was just joking. It's hard sometimes to convey what you mean when you type a message on a forum, even with emojis.

Come to think of it, I would believe you could get in trouble using google. It all depends on what you search for. Don't try to search "How to build a bomb" for example.

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi!
Mariko Switch 16.0.3 modded with picofly, cfw only on emunand (partition based) here.
My questions (because my kid is going to be using the switch and I don't want him messing with homebrew):
1.Can I stop the "album" button from accessing hbmenu and instead just go to album photos like in stock nand?
2.Can I password-protect OR use a more complex button combo to enter tinfoil and hbmenu (instead of R+launch title)?
Thanks

Last edited by provato,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi!
Mariko Switch 16.0.3 modded with picofly, cfw only on emunand (partition based) here.
My questions (because my kid is going to be using the switch and I don't want him messing with homebrew):
1.Can I stop the "album" button from accessing hbmenu and instead just go to album photos like in stock nand?
2.Can I password-protect OR use a more complex button combo to enter tinfoil and hbmenu (instead of R+launch title)?
Thanks
download atmosphere and edit the override_config.ini from the config_templates folder and then put it in the config folder which is inside the Atmosphere folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol