Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of NSP's. I want to compress them to NSZ. SAK needs prod.keys file.

Can I download a "complete" prod.keys file anywhere and plug it into SAK to start compressing my local NSP collection? (if yes, can anyone shoot me a hint on where a good, current prod.keys file is?)

Or is the prod.keys file tied to the physical switch?

THANK YOU!

You can't asks for keys here, so look elsewhere. NSZ only benefit is if you were storing them, other than that there is no benefit if you install them. Most uploaders won't provide in NSZ format.

hobojester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't asks for keys here, so look elsewhere. NSZ only benefit is if you were storing them, other than that there is no benefit if you install them. Most uploaders won't provide in NSZ format.
Understood on asking for keys here.

I'd like to ask again though, assuming I have acquired a prod.keys file from the universe, can I just put that into SAK's BIN folder, run SAK, and compress? Or, do I need to install every NSP, then lockpick and export on a per game basis?

Ultimately I'm looking to save space. With 1.x TB of NSP's, I'd love to cut that down.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd like to ask again though, assuming I have acquired a prod.keys file from the universe, can I just put that into SAK's BIN folder, run SAK, and compress? Or, do I need to install every NSP, then lockpick and export on a per game basis?

Ultimately I'm looking to save space. With 1.x TB of NSP's, I'd love to cut that down.

I don't know I don't use it.

hobojester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know I don't use it.

Looking for anyone with SAK experience who can answer my question.

Thank you!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much. Yes, it turned out to be corrupt. Can I just buy a new SD card and do a fresh install of hektate and atmosphere? I know I could save some of the files but I wanted to start from scratch as I forget some of the changes I have made and want everything fresh. I can just follow the rentry guide on a new sd right?

Like hypothetically, if I erased everything from the corrupt SD card then reinstalled Atmosphere, hektate, sigpatches and fusee, it would be totally back to fresh cfw?
Re-installing everything on a brand new SD card should work fine, yes. Do test your new SD card before using it, though. If you buy a reputable brand from a reputable seller, you should avoid buying a fake.

You can acquire an up to date prod.keys if you dump it yourself with lockpick_rcm (assuming your firmware is recent enough). I don't use SAK to compress nsp files, I do it with nicoboss' tool directly. And I just found out he released a brand new version a few hours ago. I'm gonna update.

Reactions: baobao43

hobojester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do it with nicoboss' tool directly. And I just found out he released a brand new version a few hours ago. I'm gonna update.

As this is a n00b thread, can you share how to run it?

I've downloaded it, run nsz.exe, nada. I open cmd as admin, run nsz.exe, here's the output:

G:\SWITCH\NSP to NSZ\nsz_v4.3.0_win64_portable>nsz
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<frozen runpy>", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
File "<frozen runpy>", line 88, in _run_code
File "G:\SWITCH\NSP to NSZ\nsz_v4.3.0_win64_portable\nsz.exe\__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'nsz'

I have downloaded and installed Python so the runtime is on my system.

Thanks

hobojester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As this is a n00b thread, can you share how to run it?

I've downloaded it, run nsz.exe, nada. I open cmd as admin, run nsz.exe, here's the output:

G:\SWITCH\NSP to NSZ\nsz_v4.3.0_win64_portable>nsz
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<frozen runpy>", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
File "<frozen runpy>", line 88, in _run_code
File "G:\SWITCH\NSP to NSZ\nsz_v4.3.0_win64_portable\nsz.exe\__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'nsz'

I have downloaded and installed Python so the runtime is on my system.

Thanks

Nevermind, reading the main page's instructions. Apologies for the lazy post.
Post automatically merged:

DISCLAIMER 1: I can't put URLs here yet because I'm a super n00b, nor would/should I put links to things that are not on github.
DISCLAIMER 2: So far I've done this to 2 games, and both installed and ran without issue. I have about 100 more to do and will test. Space savings seems to vary. One 2gb game compressed to 900mb, a second 6gb game compressed to 5gb.

To sum up my little adventure:

PURPOSE: You have a collection of NSP's and want to save space by compressing to NSZ's.

Pre-req: prod.keys file.
- Google: "download switch prod.keys"
- In my quick example, I used the 2nd result going to the .net website. All the keys appear the same for all platforms

Slightly quicker setup, only 1 NSP at a time
OPTION 1: SAK
- Google: SAK SWITCH
- Switch Army Knife Github
- Download, extract, put your prod.keys file in the /BIN folder
- Do the compression

Some pre-requisite setup, can batch convert NSP
OPTION 2: nicoboss NSZ
- Google: nciboss NSZ
- Downoad, extract
- elevated cmd: "python"
- Should take you to MS store to install Python (or install Python however you want to)
- Follow the "PIP Package" instructions (pip3 install --upgrade nsz[gui])
- Watch it install
- nsz
- (if needed, placed previously downloaded prod.keys to the path that prompts you)
- Do the compression

Last edited by hobojester,
Reactions: Dust2dust

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if...

it would depend, are you reinstalling to the corrupt sd card (probably not) or a new one,
because if you did it on the new one yes it would start from scratch,
but if you wanted to do it on the corrupted one it would still not work (me being captain obvious over here)
Man, I am sorry about this but I just thought of one more thing. I want to start from scratch on a new SD card but the only thing I DO want to carry over is my games. What is the easiest way of only brining the games over and nothing else?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far I've done this to 2 games, and both installed and ran without issue. I have about 100 more to do and will test. Space savings seems to vary. One 2gb game compressed to 900mb, a second 6gb game compressed to 5gb.
Yes, the amount of space varies a lot between different games. Some compress a lot, some only a little. You can choose the level of compression (highest is 22, if I remember correctly) but of course, the higher the level, the longer it will take to compress. Overall, it's totally worth it for storing your collection to an external hard drive. You'll probably save about 40-50% space when all is done. It depends on the games you have, of course.

Man, I am sorry about this but I just thought of one more thing. I want to start from scratch on a new SD card but the only thing I DO want to carry over is my games. What is the easiest way of only brining the games over and nothing else?
The problem is, if the installed games are corrupted, you'll only bring problems to the new installation. You should probably just re-install them from scratch, to be safe. Saves are another story. If you want them, just dump them with jksv, hoping they didn't suffer corruption.

Last edited by Dust2dust,
Reactions: baobao43

Revie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just hb'ed a new Switch. Anyone got the link to the security guide? I remember using one. Not the switch.homebrew.guide one. It mentioned editing .ini files and stuff iirc and spoofing IDs?

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just hb'ed a new Switch. Anyone got the link to the security guide? I remember using one. Not the switch.homebrew.guide one. It mentioned editing .ini files and stuff iirc and spoofing IDs?
...? You mean rentry? https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Nevermind, reading the main page's instructions. Apologies for the lazy post.

DISCLAIMER 1: I can't put URLs here yet because I'm a super n00b, nor would/should I put links to things that are not on github.
DISCLAIMER 2: So far I've done this to 2 games, and both installed and ran without issue. I have about 100 more to do and will test. Space savings seems to vary. One 2gb game compressed to 900mb, a second 6gb game compressed to 5gb.

To sum up my little adventure:

PURPOSE: You have a collection of NSP's and want to save space by compressing to NSZ's.

Pre-req: prod.keys file.
- Google: "download switch prod.keys"
- In my quick example, I used the 2nd result going to the .net website. All the keys appear the same for all platforms

Slightly quicker setup, only 1 NSP at a time
OPTION 1: SAK
- Google: SAK SWITCH
- Switch Army Knife Github
- Download, extract, put your prod.keys file in the /BIN folder
- Do the compression

Some pre-requisite setup, can batch convert NSP
OPTION 2: nicoboss NSZ
- Google: nciboss NSZ
- Downoad, extract
- elevated cmd: "python"
- Should take you to MS store to install Python (or install Python however you want to)
- Follow the "PIP Package" instructions (pip3 install --upgrade nsz[gui])
- Watch it install
- nsz
- (if needed, placed previously downloaded prod.keys to the path that prompts you)
- Do the compression
Hold on, hold on!
You want prod.keys? Get Lockpick_RCM! It gets you keys straight from your switch!
(It was taken down, but somebody else has a mirror on here, check the other posts)

OLED-N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The pics (or vids) of tinfoil you may have seen were probably showing it accessing some shops. You have to subscribe to these special shops to access the content. From what I read, it's not that easy nowadays. There's a recent thread here about it. It might be easier for you to just hunt down the games you want to download on regular good old warez sites. They're not too hard to find. Then you just install the nsp files to your Switch with tinfoil via USB. I personally prefer using DBI for that task.
thank you very much for taking the time. You where right they where using shops. I would be happy to try DBi, as tinfoil i notice i install the game with all the updates tells me there is more updates, i repeat the process and with the same files and the game does not any updates after the second attempt. I will do some research on DBI. thank you again.

Reactions: Dust2dust

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, quick question, is sigpatches applied to sysnand cfw and emunand cfw ?
Can we avoid the sigpatches to be applied to sysnand cfw ?
If not is it possible to stay safe and not be banned ?

I want to use my sysnand (cfw) for playing on games with mods, I always did and never got any problem.
I want to use my emunand (cfw) for playing AM2R port and some backup games (which is a guaranteed ban if I put it on my sysnand), but for that I need to use sigpatches and I don't know if they will be applied on my sys cfw and if I will get banned for this reason

thanks for the help

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, quick question, is sigpatches applied to sysnand cfw and emunand cfw ?
Can we avoid the sigpatches to be applied to sysnand cfw ?
If not is it possible to stay safe and not be banned ?

I want to use my sysnand (cfw) for playing on games with mods, I always did and never got any problem.
I want to use my emunand (cfw) for playing AM2R port and some backup games (which is a guaranteed ban if I put it on my sysnand), but for that I need to use sigpatches and I don't know if they will be applied on my sys cfw and if I will get banned for this reason

thanks for the help
First, there is no such thing as "sig patches"; there are FS, ES, & Loader patches. These patches are applied when you launch CFW. They cannot be toggled between emuMMC and sysMMC. It is also impossible to stay safe when using CFW. Its just the nature of hacking. You either don't take the risk or accept that you can get banned. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First, there is no such thing as "sig patches"; there are FS, ES, & Loader patches. These patches are applied when you launch CFW. They cannot be toggled between emuMMC and sysMMC. It is also impossible to stay safe when using CFW. Its just the nature of hacking. You either don't take the risk or accept that you can get banned. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Thanks for the information, I wasn't sure whether it was possible to deactivate the famous patches, but now I know it's not possible.

I know I'm taking a risk, but it seems to me that many people have been playing for years using sysnand cfw and emunand cfw with the patches on top.

My question is the following : does the simple fact of having the patches and be connected online (sys cfw) mean a ban? (Forgetting the emunand altogether, since all you have to do is use the various protections or simply make sure it doesn't connect to the Internet.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: one of the people that appeared there was a minor when filming the cutscenes where she appears