Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

underground500

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
idk if people solved this issue yet but the tregarcmgui stop responding as soon as i trty to inject something, my cables are fine and can transfer files, and also it works fine up to that point, it recognizes when i do the whole volum up plus power and it turns green, but as soon as i hit inject is forever stuck and not responding, someone help me please

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if people solved this issue yet but the tregarcmgui stop responding as soon as i trty to inject something, my cables are fine and can transfer files, and also it works fine up to that point, it recognizes when i do the whole volum up plus power and it turns green, but as soon as i hit inject is forever stuck and not responding, someone help me please

Make sure you have an unpatched switch, patched switch can't inject payload.

MLGBigSmoke35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello do you guys think this will be safe enough?

So I plan to mod my switch and use homebrew on the sysnand. I do not plan to cheat or install homebrew onto the sysnand(aka installing it to the home screen).

What I do plan to use is to use jksv, ftpd, nsdumptool, overclock my switch, use frame rate + temperature overlays, atmosphere w/ the reboot to hekate payload and autorcm.

As far as I know no known bans have occurred when using this stuff. The only worry I have is I plan to play my games on an emulator as well(and use cloud saves to transfer them to my unmodded switch). I do not know if Nintendo will flag this. Though apparently it's up to the game to check for save data editing.

One more question can I use auto rcm and the reboot to hekate thing? So if my switch dies I won't have to jig it.

Nineties_Grunge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m ripping my hair out over trying to get android (linage 10 or 11) installed on my modchipped Switch OLED.

Others have this issue but I’ve yet to find a solution.
Everything goes smoothly up until the Switch has to reboot into recovery to install Android. It just goes from the Linage logo and back to Hekate.

I think I’ve gathered (and I might be wrong) that the sdloader installed is causing the problem. My sdloader is the one with the rocket ship. Anyone else I’ve seen online with that loader seems to be having the same issue.

So here’s the real noob question:

Can I just change the sdloader to something like picofly (which I think is not having this issue).
Is it going to require I get a new chip installed or is it a matter of juggling files on my sd card? I had the chip installed by someone, so I’m not sure how it works.

This is driving me crazy.

Last edited by Nineties_Grunge,

TheSlipperySlope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to the scene; can anyone explain to me how they access the memory addresses for modding games? I'd like to work on a few 21:9 patches since I found nothing for a few titles I'd like to play.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m ripping my hair out over trying to get android (linage 10 or 11) installed on my modchipped Switch OLED.

Others have this issue but I’ve yet to find a solution.
Everything goes smoothly up until the Switch has to reboot into recovery to install Android. It just goes from the Linage logo and back to Hekate.

I think I’ve gathered (and I might be wrong) that the sdloader installed is causing the problem. My sdloader is the one with the rocket ship. Anyone else I’ve seen online with that loader seems to be having the same issue.

So here’s the real noob question:

Can I just change the sdloader to something like picofly (which I think is not having this issue).
Is it going to require I get a new chip installed or is it a matter of juggling files on my sd card? I had the chip installed by someone, so I’m not sure how it works.

This is driving me crazy.
Switchroots discord server has a guide to update it, but they will not help with mod chip support. You also CANT run android 10 on mariko units (patched units/v2/lite/oled)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need some help from you please. My switch is softmoded, I have been using the emuMMC for a while, with not only the DNS setup but also always in flight mode, to avoid internet connection.
Yesterday I set-up "dual-boot", so I was able to run also the stock OS. Everything was running fine... Among other stuff, I connected it to the internet on the original OS and updated the system. Now, when I try to inject a payload either via Tegra or Fusee Web Launcher, it says the device is not recognized on my laptop and the web browser says no device was found. I tested the USB cable, have the latest version of atmosphere, reinstalled the APX driver on my PC, and I'm on AutoRCM. Please, what am I missing?
Thank you!
Do you have an Android device to test with as well?
Hello do you guys think this will be safe enough?

So I plan to mod my switch and use homebrew on the sysnand. I do not plan to cheat or install homebrew onto the sysnand(aka installing it to the home screen).

What I do plan to use is to use jksv, ftpd, nsdumptool, overclock my switch, use frame rate + temperature overlays, atmosphere w/ the reboot to hekate payload and autorcm.

As far as I know no known bans have occurred when using this stuff. The only worry I have is I plan to play my games on an emulator as well(and use cloud saves to transfer them to my unmodded switch). I do not know if Nintendo will flag this. Though apparently it's up to the game to check for save data editing.

One more question can I use auto rcm and the reboot to hekate thing? So if my switch dies I won't have to jig it.
Bans have occurred due to usage of JKSV at the very least. Bans have also occurred due to general usage of CFW/homebrew. Just because its not installed doesn't make it any safer; the system will record the homebrew being run. Therefore you will be at risk for being banned.

Also, even if your console dies and you have AutoRCM, you don't need to use your jig but you will need to send a payload via USB to trigger Hekate.
Can I play TotK at 60 fps on sysnand cfw? I'm already 20 hours in and too lazy to start a new save file or transfer my save file to emunand.
If you're fine with the risk of being banned, nothing will stop you.

c-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a rcmjig and an android data transfer cable. All I want to do is mod my old switch enough to get the msgnotfound master sword, preferably with a light dragon horn attached, on my 1.2.1 save file. How do I get this started with my android phone?

Last edited by c-1,

MLGBigSmoke35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an Android device to test with as well?

Bans have occurred due to usage of JKSV at the very least. Bans have also occurred due to general usage of CFW/homebrew. Just because its not installed doesn't make it any safer; the system will record the homebrew being run. Therefore you will be at risk for being banned.

Also, even if your console dies and you have AutoRCM, you don't need to use your jig but you will need to send a payload via USB to trigger Hekate.

If you're fine with the risk of being banned, nothing will stop you.

Darn. No easy way around this I guess. I spoke to some other people before making this post and they said it'd be fine that they've been running modded switches for years while online. I do have an unmodded mariko switch as well, but it'd really suck for the modded switch to get banned still. That'd kill my ability to sync saves. On the other hand having to reboot into stock fw all the time to sync my saves would be a giant pain. Given that I'd have to use rcm all the time.

JMAXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Guys. Is there a tutorial that would help me update cheats? This may not be the best place to ask but I could not find where. I have been trying to update the cheats to DBZ Kakarot 1.4.0. I can get them working on Eidzon but I do not know where to go from there.

Nineties_Grunge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switchroots discord server has a guide to update it, but they will not help with mod chip support. You also CANT run android 10 on mariko units (patched units/v2/lite/oled)
Do you mean specifically Android 10? Or Android 10 AND 11?

Trying to install 10 gets me a straight message like: “cannot install on Mariko”, whereas doing 11 is getting me the linage logo but no recovery screen

I’ve seen lots of people successfully install Android on their OLED Switches, and I was under the impression that all OLED’s are Mariko. Is that not true?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean specifically Android 10? Or Android 10 AND 11?

Trying to install 10 gets me a straight message like: “cannot install on Mariko”, whereas doing 11 is getting me the linage logo but no recovery screen

I’ve seen lots of people successfully install Android on their OLED Switches, and I was under the impression that all OLED’s are Mariko. Is that not true?
Android 10 like I said. I didnt include 11 in that sentence. Update your sdloader via the tut in the switchroot discord and it should boot. (Some people have to update their sdloader everytime they want to launch android)

genderneutralnoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo. I followed the nh-switch-guide, and now I'm wondering how I should install sigpatches, so I can have homebrew apps on my homescreen and install game backups and the like. The discord server for this guide apparently doesn't support anything related to having homebrew on your home screen, so I've come here. I tried following the sigpatches guide on this site (can't post links since I haven't made enough posts yet), but I got lost at the part about doing ES/ES2 patches and needing firmware files? Any help would be appreciated.
Also: How safe is it to connect the emuNAND of a hacked switch to a completely unmodified switch via LAN (NOT wifi)? i.e. via a local connection Pokemon trade. I want to grab some Mystery Gift Pokemon (so they're definitely "legal" in terms of Pokemon save editing terminology) for myself and my sibling, but I'm using a separate Switch for all custom firmware and plan on trading said Pokemon to the other Pokemon games on other consoles. I recognize I could probably use a save editor to copy my emuNAND Sword save file over to my sysNAND, but as far as I'm aware that would require CFW on the sysNAND, which I'd rather avoid.

Dook_Knewem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the preface this post by saying that it's been a couple years since I've soft modded my first switch so my apologies if this question comes across as ignorant.

I was wanting to pick up this switch off a buddy of mine but looking at the firmware, I see that it says 16.x.x

Is it possible to downgrade to 4.x.x or is the switch not worth pursuing?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the preface this post by saying that it's been a couple years since I've soft modded my first switch so my apologies if this question comes across as ignorant.

I was wanting to pick up this switch off a buddy of mine but looking at the firmware, I see that it says 16.x.x

Is it possible to downgrade to 4.x.x or is the switch not worth pursuing?

There is no need to downgrade to firmware 4.x.x if it unpatched the firmware doesn't matter, if it is patched you need a modchip.

Dook_Knewem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it still the same as it was to ground the 10 pin to the center bolt of the right joy-con or the fins to get to the RCM and then push a payload to test if it's patched or not? I still have all the fun stuff on my computer like tegra and stuff

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn. No easy way around this I guess. I spoke to some other people before making this post and they said it'd be fine that they've been running modded switches for years while online. I do have an unmodded mariko switch as well, but it'd really suck for the modded switch to get banned still. That'd kill my ability to sync saves. On the other hand having to reboot into stock fw all the time to sync my saves would be a giant pain. Given that I'd have to use rcm all the time.
Everybody's experience is different. Some users don't get banned while others do. Just because some people don't get banned doesn't automatically make it safe. Nobody has to get banned for it to be considered safe which is not true for most homebrew apps. You can still certainly take the risk but only if the reward justifies it.
Yo. I followed the nh-switch-guide, and now I'm wondering how I should install sigpatches, so I can have homebrew apps on my homescreen and install game backups and the like. The discord server for this guide apparently doesn't support anything related to having homebrew on your home screen, so I've come here. I tried following the sigpatches guide on this site (can't post links since I haven't made enough posts yet), but I got lost at the part about doing ES/ES2 patches and needing firmware files? Any help would be appreciated.
Also: How safe is it to connect the emuNAND of a hacked switch to a completely unmodified switch via LAN (NOT wifi)? i.e. via a local connection Pokemon trade. I want to grab some Mystery Gift Pokemon (so they're definitely "legal" in terms of Pokemon save editing terminology) for myself and my sibling, but I'm using a separate Switch for all custom firmware and plan on trading said Pokemon to the other Pokemon games on other consoles. I recognize I could probably use a save editor to copy my emuNAND Sword save file over to my sysNAND, but as far as I'm aware that would require CFW on the sysNAND, which I'd rather avoid.
You don't need to follow that guide. You can instead download pre-configured patches from this thread. Also, Nintendo's Terms of Service only apply to online play. It doesn't make sense to punish owners for connecting with a hacked switch locally because you may not know if it is hacked or not.
Hello,

i have a switch, but atmosphere is not running. When i go into RCM via hekate 6.03, after i press launch the screen just went black. i think i´m missing something on the sd. what to do?
What did you do before Atmosphere stopped running?
It's an unpatched console which was sysCFWed.The owner says it works but kinda buggy so I decided to updating it first to perform a clean JB then setup emunand on it so he could go play online his legit games. But the problem is that even by disabling auto RCM, removing sd, and booting straight to the OFW, the serial number stays on XAW00000000000, and I can't update the OFW through original system update on the menu. It errors out with the S0025 code
The serial number has been blanked out due to using the malicious app, Incognito. Without a backup of PRODINFO from the owner, this console cannot go online.

Reactions: Dariush

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay