Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

KuroMune

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I'm new to this and I don't know how things are going, I recently installed the instinct V6 chip and I think I installed it correctly but I have a problem and that is that when I turn off the console with the joysticks and the battery drains completely but If you don't have the controls in place, it maintains the battery, any idea of the problem? I will post a photo of the chip installation if I can

MrMrMr

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 16.0.3 and found it tough to get it hacked, and the way I want it. I just use it for games off SD, and retroarch.

I now have a basic setup with Hekate/Atmosphere, and boot to CFW sysMMC.

I have a few other apps on, DBI and AIO (v2.23.1). I've opened AIO (never used) and has "update firmwares" and lists v16.1.0 in a few sites, also has Hekate etc to update, is this safe to update and run from here?

Also has update Atmosphere, all I know is I have hekate 6.05, Atmosphere 1.5.4, which order should you do it all in?

Any help please

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody,

for more than one reason I stopped using my Switch much time ago, and I am now trying to get up to date so I can mod it again with the latest releases.

I have been reading some pages of this and other threads but the more I go on, the less I have a clue on what the best choice would be for me.

I am not sure if the best course would still be to keep the NAND firmware at the lowest possible version, while having updates applied to the "virtual" file system on top of the custom OS.

You can see by the following quote where I was when I last came here asking for help... as you can see it was waaaaay long time ago.

Anyway, what I would like to achieve would be: being on the lastest firmware and able to go online for multiplayer etc. while preserving all that might be useful to exploit my old hardware

I hope my mind is not too much confused and that at least I have been able to explain what I want (sort of, at least).

Thank you!

So, now I am happily running my Switch with ReiNX, with firmware 5.1 updated using ChoiDujourNX over my original 2.3.0. I am still on Airplane mode since before upgrading, and I also have my full NAND backup done before ever running any Custom OS.

I read some recent posts and since I would like to upgrade to Switch OS 6.2 to run latest games and updates (i.e. SSBU) I am unsure on what the safest way would be. I am also tempted of moving from ReiNX to Atmosphere. Also, I read that now it would be somewhat "better" using Fat32 instead of ExFAT.

So, first question is: should I just update ReiNX files on my SD card and then maybe upgrade again with ChoiDujourNX to 6.2, and keep my ExFAT microSD and everything else?

If you think I should better change my setup, should I first restore my NAND backup, format my microSD again (btw, why is that better? and how do I manage .nsp files or other ones larger than 2 GB?) then start again as a "fresh" hack?

Also worth mentioning, when I "hacked" my Switch I absolutely forgot about the gamecard slot and then I used it with an original game after updating. So, now, I am pretty sure its firmware has been updated and I cannot go back, is that the case? How can I check if it has in fact been updated? Did I lose any chance of using a possible future exploit for a non-RCM-based hack in future running on firmware 2.3.0?

Thank you again for any answers you will provide me with, as always :)

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is kinda dumb question lol but is it safe to overclock in handheld mode while using powerbank as a charger? im using erista and my overclock seeting is cpu=1224/gpu=768/mem=1600

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 16.0.3 and found it tough to get it hacked, and the way I want it. I just use it for games off SD, and retroarch.

I now have a basic setup with Hekate/Atmosphere, and boot to CFW sysMMC.

I have a few other apps on, DBI and AIO (v2.23.1). I've opened AIO (never used) and has "update firmwares" and lists v16.1.0 in a few sites, also has Hekate etc to update, is this safe to update and run from here?

Also has update Atmosphere, all I know is I have hekate 6.05, Atmosphere 1.5.4, which order should you do it all in?

Any help please
Do NOT use the AIO app. I'd highly recommend deleting it immediately. Its notorious for causing issues so avoid it altogether. Instead, I would advise you to update everything manually which is better in the long run because not only will this teach you how to troubleshoot errors in the future but its better than using a tool to update.
Hi everybody,

for more than one reason I stopped using my Switch much time ago, and I am now trying to get up to date so I can mod it again with the latest releases.

I have been reading some pages of this and other threads but the more I go on, the less I have a clue on what the best choice would be for me.

I am not sure if the best course would still be to keep the NAND firmware at the lowest possible version, while having updates applied to the "virtual" file system on top of the custom OS.

You can see by the following quote where I was when I last came here asking for help... as you can see it was waaaaay long time ago.

Anyway, what I would like to achieve would be: being on the lastest firmware and able to go online for multiplayer etc. while preserving all that might be useful to exploit my old hardware

I hope my mind is not too much confused and that at least I have been able to explain what I want (sort of, at least).

Thank you!
The simplest way to achieve what you desire is by creating an emuMMC partition using Hekate then updating it to the latest firmware to go online with using Atmosphere.

Reactions: desgrassia

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally let the battery run out on the switch. Currently it's on, but games read as corrupted since it didn't load into CFW.

It's been a few years since I hacked it, and I can't remember how to reboot back into CFW.

What is the best method to reboot back into Hekate/CFW?

Thanks in advance.

Edit-Update, I reinjected fusee.bin with tegra and it works.

However...Zelda TOTK still says corrupted data even in CFW.

This was fixed by doing the "check for corruption" in the switch itself.

Last edited by testing123,

Aidthorin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me? I'm trying to do wipe but it gets stuck at the very beginning

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-29_20-04-12.jpg
    photo_2023-09-29_20-04-12.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 15

KinoyoFNA

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I installed my first NSP recently through Goldleaf onto my SD memory on emuNAND. From my understanding from research, it should be separate from my stock FW, even considering they both physically share the same SD card. However, when I boot into stock FW, I can see the NSP I installed. Is this normal? I feel like I may get banned if I go online at all, regardless if I ever open the NSP or not.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed my first NSP recently through Goldleaf onto my SD memory on emuNAND. From my understanding from research, it should be separate from my stock FW, even considering they both physically share the same SD card. However, when I boot into stock FW, I can see the NSP I installed. Is this normal? I feel like I may get banned if I go online at all, regardless if I ever open the NSP or not.

You probably installed on sysnand.

KinoyoFNA

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You probably installed on sysnand.
Thank you for the quick reply! I double-checked, and it installed to both the emuNAND and the sysNAND. So I deleted it (through the menu in-game, *but that doesn't seem to delete the update file) and tried a reinstall again on emuNAND, but this time choosing internal memory rather than SD. Same issue; it seems to install to both emuNAND and sysNAND. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong at this point

*EDIT: It definitely did take off the update as well, because it prompted me to update, so disregard that part

Last edited by KinoyoFNA,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick reply! I double-checked, and it installed to both the emuNAND and the sysNAND. So I deleted it (through the menu in-game, but that doesn't seem to delete the update file) and tried a reinstall again on emuNAND, but this time choosing internal memory rather than SD. Same issue; it seems to install to both emuNAND and sysNAND. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong at this point

Make sure your install is pointed at the SD card not the internal storage, but the internal storage should be seperated if you are using an emunand, you sure you have an emunand, what is your system string? S or E?

KinoyoFNA

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your install is pointed at the SD card not the internal storage, but the internal storage should be seperated if you are using an emunand, you sure you have an emunand, what is your system string? S or E?
Okay I see the problem now, the string does have an S on the end. That's weird though, I remember for sure making a separate emuNAND partition. At this point I just need to go make another one then (correctly)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"