Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is AIO updater so hated now? what the heck happened, did the author kick someone's puppy or something? :ph34r:

The issue is that it cause more problems than what the updater fixes. I know people got fatal error and black screen when updating with AIO updater. When it come to updating CFW files it is best to load up hekate then mount the SD card to update.

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to fix the oled display socket and i think i ripped a pad but i dont know. In the schematic it says N/C but i dont know what that means, also in other board pictures i dont even see a pad that belongs there so im confused af as to what is this and if i should be worried or not.
1700539071588.png

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to fix the oled display socket and i think i ripped a pad but i dont know. In the schematic it says N/C but i dont know what that means, also in other board pictures i dont even see a pad that belongs there so im confused af as to what is this and if i should be worried or not.
View attachment 405206
N/C in a schematic means Not Connected.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awkwardly, what fixed it for me...
download hekate, move the hekate_ctcaer_6.0.7.bin to the atmosphere folder on the RCMloader, rename to payload.bin so it matches the launch dot bat file, plug it in, and it immediately started booting. And the switch lives again!

EDIT Nevermind, I do get it to boot, but it still gives me an "atmosphere encountered an error". Checking again, it's the same error. It won't let me go any further. Pressing the pwoer button at this screen, it reboots, but just goes back to it again and again. Pressing the volume button now, it doesn't boot the Hekate portion; just tries to boot atmosphere again, now.

And it's showing the same 2123-0011 error.

Are you on firmware 17.0.0? Does it get tobthe normal switch menu before it crashes? Have you tried turning on airplane mode before it crashes? Sorry if this isnt helpful. I didnt read very far back in the thread

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
And it's showing the same 2123-0011 error.
I wonder if you blanked your prodinfo in the past? If you did, you'll have to undo it and use DNS MITM instead if you're connecting to the Internet on your console (which is probably what you do since you've used AIO Updater) or airplane mode if you don't actually connect to the Internet on your Switch. Using DNS MITM blocks Nintendo servers while allowing your Switch to go online and download new homebrew and homebrew updates if needed.

Reactions: BigOnYa

obl1que

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modchipped OLED - Warm boot error messages, unable to boot into CFW at all

Hi all,

Fairly new to the scene here. I purchased a modded OLED Switch for a family member and it was working fine, until recently when they decided to redo the entire setup and wipe the SD card. I recall that it originally had no emuNAND in place and that they were booting into sysCFW to play.

I have followed the guide on rentry and set up the emuNAND for them. Now upon trying to boot into Atmosphere CFW, I am met with a black screen and the following message: A fatal error occurred when running Fusee. Failed to locate warmboot firmware!

I then try the Warmboot Error Fix and I get another error message: Failed to match warm boot with fuses! If you continue, sleep won't work!

If I ignore the above, I can boot into OFW. I can see that the firmware version is 15.0.1. I should also note that I am unable to boot into OFW via Restart > OFW in Hekate - this just gives me a black screen. Holding power and both volume buttons does nothing either?

Under HW & Fuses Info in Hekate, I can see the following which I don't quite understand: Burnt Fuses (0DM 7/6): 18 - 0 (HOS: 16.0.0 - 16.1.0)

From reading around, it appears that I may need to update OFW? But I also understand that it's better to do this via Daybreak for a modded OLED instead of Nintendo's servers? I have also bookmarked the Switch Unbrick Guide in case that is relevant here.

I am going to try the above methods soon but would really appreciate some pointers in case I'm headed in the wrong direction!

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm on Atmosphere, Switch V1, trying to install games with Awoo Installer and NS-USBLoader via Wi-Fi. The installation starts and it is going well but then it drops to 0.00 MB/s and it says "Failed" on the NS-USBLoader.

Anyone had these issues? It worked fine before.

Btw. is there any better way of installing games?

Last edited by Switchoslav,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on firmware 17.0.0? Does it get tobthe normal switch menu before it crashes? Have you tried turning on airplane mode before it crashes? Sorry if this isnt helpful. I didnt read very far back in the thread
I always had airplane mode on before. I only use a usb ethernet to get online for the AIO updater and the hb app store thing.

As I posted earlier, I was updating other stuff and then was updating to 17.0.0 on the emucfw. I don't even get a blink of the switch logo splash screen before it crashes to the same error.

Now I can't do any of that, because it won't effing turn on when I power cycle. And when I do manage to turn it on, it just gives me that atmosphere error screen.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You bet there is a better way. Try DBI or Tinwoo. I only use DBI personally.
I always had airplane mode on before. I only use a usb ethernet to get online for the AIO updater and the hb app store thing.

As I posted earlier, I was updating other stuff and then was updating to 17.0.0 on the emucfw. I don't even get a blink of the switch logo splash screen before it crashes to the same error.

Now I can't do any of that, because it won't effing turn on when I power cycle. And when I do manage to turn it on, it just gives me that atmosphere error screen.
If you made a nand backup before hacking your Switch, now might be a good time to restore it. If you didn't, you could start from scratch. Inject Hekate payload, remove autoRCM if present, and turn off your console. Remove the SD card and try to boot again (not using RCM). If you boot normally, consider re-hacking your console. You can use the rentry guide for pointers. Don't use AIO unless you want more problems. Do everything manually and only install what you need and have a use for.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i have v1 switch, there was problem in the switch i can't install any game using dbi
when pressing install, it immediately finish, but can't install
updated atomsphere, updated system to 17, updated sigpatch
when launch dbi and connect to usb, it freeze
after that i am getting crash 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm keeping my emuMMC on a lower firmware, and by doing so, missing out on game updates. Everything is legal here. I updated my sysMMC and got game updates. Then I used DBI to dump those updates to .nsp files. Can I safely install these self dumped .nsp's on my emuMMC without getting banned?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm keeping my emuMMC on a lower firmware, and by doing so, missing out on game updates. Everything is legal here. I updated my sysMMC and got game updates. Then I used DBI to dump those updates to .nsp files. Can I safely install these self dumped .nsp's on my emuMMC without getting banned?

If those updates require a higher firmware that emunand on the lower firmware would not be able to install the updates.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have v1 switch, there was problem in the switch i can't install any game using dbi
when pressing install, it immediately finish, but can't install
updated atomsphere, updated system to 17, updated sigpatch
when launch dbi and connect to usb, it freeze
after that i am getting crash 2168-0002 (0x4a8)
Try using TinWoo Installer instead.
I'm on Atmosphere, Switch V1, trying to install games with Awoo Installer and NS-USBLoader via Wi-Fi. The installation starts and it is going well but then it drops to 0.00 MB/s and it says "Failed" on the NS-USBLoader.

Anyone had these issues? It worked fine before.

Yes, you should switch to installing via USB. Its far faster and less complicated.

Reactions: Blythe93

NextChallenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way I can tell my Hekate Atmosphere Switch to boot straight to my emummc after I inject the payload, instead of going into the Hekate/Atmosphere menu?

I ask because my Switch screen has been broken for over a year. That means that I can't actually SEE anything going on in the Hekate/Atmosphere menu. Every time I want to boot into emummc, I kinda just touch the screen in the approx area where the right buttons should be, and thankfully, that tends to work. I want to cut out that part of the process entirely.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way I can tell my Hekate Atmosphere Switch to boot straight to my emummc after I inject the payload, instead of going into the Hekate/Atmosphere menu?

I ask because my Switch screen has been broken for over a year. That means that I can't actually SEE anything going on in the Hekate/Atmosphere menu. Every time I want to boot into emummc, I kinda just touch the screen in the approx area where the right buttons should be, and thankfully, that tends to work. I want to cut out that part of the process entirely.
Edit your hekate IPL autoboot value. 0 is no autoboot. 1,2,3,etc are your launch configurations. Set it to the one for emummc and you are good to go.

StrmSrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my switch firmware to 17.0.0. I updated hekate and atmosphere before installing the latest firmware to emummc and the latest version of sigpatch, but I kept getting a fatal error. In the end, I deleted my atmosphere file and replaced it with a fresh one from the latest hats pack.

emummc launches just fine now, but I seemed to have lost some game save data. Some months ago, I dumped my cartridge of ToTK and made a save file in my emummc. Now I don't have the option to launch ToTK without the carttridge being inside my machine and I fear that I've lost that save file. Have I lost my save data? Where is save data for games on the emummc normally stored within the atmosphere folder? Is there a way to recover my data?

Jocke1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just planning to buy a switch OLED, and im soooooo confused with all the different firmware and patches that i should look out for and i cant for the life of me figure out wether the new OLEDs at stores are all somehow impossible to even solder/hw-mod to be modded or is it just some models? Would love to buy a switch for the kids, but i would like to be able to use custom firmware also and if that is not possible i will try to search for a used one. So is it a: impossible with new consoles, b: only on some models, or c: possible on all of them at least with hardware modding/soldering some chip?

If the hardware modding is the only possibility, where can i then buy a chip that works with the models that can be modded and is there something i should avoid or something to really look out for?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just planning to buy a switch OLED, and im soooooo confused with all the different firmware and patches that i should look out for and i cant for the life of me figure out wether the new OLEDs at stores are all somehow impossible to even solder/hw-mod to be modded or is it just some models? Would love to buy a switch for the kids, but i would like to be able to use custom firmware also and if that is not possible i will try to search for a used one. So is it a: impossible with new consoles, b: only on some models, or c: possible on all of them at least with hardware modding/soldering some chip?

If the hardware modding is the only possibility, where can i then buy a chip that works with the models that can be modded and is there something i should avoid or something to really look out for?

You need a modchip for the OLED, you options are RP2040 OLED, and Instinct NX V6. You can get them on Aliexpress, ebay etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol