Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
with switch cfw, sometime you may have black screen, non-respond joycon etc..... only way to make it turn on again is holding power button over than 10 seconds, why ?, it may already occurred in the past and yesterday... at first i thought my ravpower 66w messed up but nope :))

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb questions regarding DBI:
  1. If you install a game twice, is it duplicated or overwritten?
  2. If you install an updated twice, is it duplicated or overwritten?
  3. If you install a DLC twice, is it duplicated or overwritten?
What would happen if you installed both of these DLC's for Mario Kart 8?
  • Wave 1 DLC.nsp
  • Wave 1-6 DLC unlocker.nsp
So, basically, like DLC nsp files that have "overlap"?

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb questions regarding DBI:
  1. If you install a game twice, is it duplicated or overwritten?
  2. If you install an updated twice, is it duplicated or overwritten?
  3. If you install a DLC twice, is it duplicated or overwritten?
What would happen if you installed both of these DLC's for Mario Kart 8?
  • Wave 1 DLC.nsp
  • Wave 1-6 DLC unlocker.nsp
So, basically, like DLC nsp files that have "overlap"?
All questions - Overwritten

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to find the latest build of Lockpick RCM but the build on the Github is 1.9.10 and I see from the HATS page that version 1.9.11 is available. Does anyone know where to find it?

Manaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ipatched switch 4.1.0 blue screen recovery help

So I was just backing up my cfw Switch to upgrade the SD card, after backing up the emmc and boot 0 and boot 1, I partitioned my new SD card to install Android on a partition and 29gb full emmc, I then connected up it my pc to copy over the emmc backup files to the restore folder including the boot0 and boot1 here's where I made the mistake, I selected to restore without selecting SD emmc, so basically it overwritten the nands boot0 and boot1 with the backup ones from the emmc nand. Now console boots to s blue screen.

I have original backup somewhere on my pc, question is, how would I get this switch into RCM or somehow load up hekate so i can restore the original boot0 and boot1, originally I used reswitch and page scope to load into Hekate.

Thanks for any help.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying some new stuff this time around when updating my Switch's CFW. I used to download the firmware first then install it with... I think Daybreak but I notice some folks using the All-In-One installer so I figure I'll try it out. Should I download the normal Firmware 17.0.0 or the "Rebootless Update" that is listed for Firmware 17.0.0?

Edit: OIC, the AIO Installer just downloads the firmware and you still install it with Daybreak.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Manaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ipatched switch 4.1.0 blue screen recovery help

So I was just backing up my cfw Switch to upgrade the SD card, after backing up the emmc and boot 0 and boot 1, I partitioned my new SD card to install Android on a partition and 29gb full emmc, I then connected up it my pc to copy over the emmc backup files to the restore folder including the boot0 and boot1 here's where I made the mistake, I selected to restore without selecting SD emmc, so basically it overwritten the nands boot0 and boot1 with the backup ones from the emmc nand. Now console boots to s blue screen.

I have original backup somewhere on my pc, question is, how would I get this switch into RCM or somehow load up hekate so i can restore the original boot0 and boot1, originally I used reswitch and page scope to load into Hekate.

Thanks for any help.
I'm thinking my only option is to install one of them modchips.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Should I download the normal Firmware 17.0.0 or the "Rebootless Update" that is listed for Firmware 17.0.0?
Either one should do the trick. From what I've learned, rebootless updates are usually small changes not related to the functional code, restricted words, aesthetic changes and so on (source).

17.0.1 is the latest firmware supported by Atmosphere and, from my personal experience, I haven't run into any issue with it (I've seen some people complaining about broken plugins and alike, but I'm not using anything other than sys-patch and emuiibo so our experiences may vary).

Reactions: BigOnYa

Manaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking my only option is to install one of them modchips.
So assuming it is a bad boot0 or boot1, would a modchip help getting the console booted to hekate to restore the sysnands boot0 and boot1?

Which modchip would you recommend? Would the hwfly that is compatible with the oled work on a v1 patched switch? I'm thinking if I'm able to unblock it, I'd probably want to uninstall the modchip and put it aside for perhaps moding an oled in the future.

I'm going to head off now since it's 2am, I hope someone more knowledgeable from the community is able to give some input and advice.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Manaboy,

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something weird happened when I tried to update my DBZ game, it showed up as a separate but identical game?

1703039273183.png

Any ideas?

Should I delete both and try to install both again?

Manaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something weird happened when I tried to update my DBZ game, it showed up as a separate but identical game?

View attachment 409589

Any ideas?

Should I delete both and try to install both again?
You've installed an update for a different region, if you try to boot it, it'll probably say you need to download this software first, just delete the one that says that via the normal system software management and get the correct update for your version, EUR or USA and install the update

ishida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how to mod audio file? (TMNT Shredder's Revenge)
i could only find a post about modding graphics.

thanks in advance :)

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My new Switch OLED has the Picofly chip in it and this is my first experience with a chipped Switch, I have been using one of the original 2017 versions up until now, and I am wondering if there is a good tutorial for setting up the SD card. The older tutorial and SD Card Setup page hasn't been updated in a long time and I don't think it covers chipped Switches.

One question I have, for example, is do I need to make a nand backup for the chipped Switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My new Switch OLED has the Picofly chip in it and this is my first experience with a chipped Switch, I have been using one of the original 2017 versions up until now, and I am wondering if there is a good tutorial for setting up the SD card. The older tutorial and SD Card Setup page hasn't been updated in a long time and I don't think it covers chipped Switches.

One question I have, for example, is do I need to make a nand backup for the chipped Switch.

You can use one of the updated pack like Sthetix hats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat