Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh so no one knows if (restore a clean nand with hekate) is among the things that SciresM meant when he wrote ( wiped/reset using unofficial methods in the past) and he mentions (Tools like Haku33 or TegraExplorer or EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour)

should i take the risk and do it? i always read that clean instal of cfw have little risk of anything going south but this.

anyone else have an experience if a previous nand restore with hekate will effect updating ofw with to 17 ?
also another question the other option i have read is (updating the emunand only) not sys nand to 17 through daybraek. the question is will this burn fuses?? and if i boot to cfw sys nand or stock nand will this burn fuses??
so i will have a access to (emu nand 17.0.2) and (cfw sys nand or stock nand 10.0.4) is my understanding correct??

ps: i know that the game cart wont work until i delete this updated emu nand
Restoring an eMMC backup is basically turning back time on your console to the state it was in when you made that backup. Meaning when you restore your backup, as long as you didn't use tools like Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen, or Choidujour before you made that backup then your console will revert to the time when none of those were ran on it.

Daybreak does not burn fuses unless you disable AutoRCM during the system update. To be more specific, fuses are only burnt when you boot the console through the stock bootloader, e.g. not using Hekate or fusee. So if you boot into OFW without using Hekate, you will burn fuses.

Reactions: Blythe93

Hotsuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to figure out the best place to post this on here but here goes. This is for Smash Ultimate on my modded Switch. So, I just got into modding a few days ago and I think I have gotten the hang of it (so far). I have been searching the internet high and low for all the DLCs and Updates for SSBU. And I have everyone except for Pyra / Mythra, Kazuya, and Sora. From what I understand they are Challenger Packs 9, 10, and 11 DLCs. But the thing is I have those. And I use DBI to install everything. But I don't know, maybe I have the wrong files because they are about 150 KB each. Aren't the character files larger than that? And why aren't they showig up in the character select menu?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to figure out the best place to post this on here but here goes. This is for Smash Ultimate on my modded Switch. So, I just got into modding a few days ago and I think I have gotten the hang of it (so far). I have been searching the internet high and low for all the DLCs and Updates for SSBU. And I have everyone except for Pyra / Mythra, Kazuya, and Sora. From what I understand they are Challenger Packs 9, 10, and 11 DLCs. But the thing is I have those. And I use DBI to install everything. But I don't know, maybe I have the wrong files because they are about 150 KB each. Aren't the character files larger than that? And why aren't they showig up in the character select menu?
No, the DLC character files are small because they don't actually contain the characters; those files are just unlockers for the DLC characters. The actual character files are embedded in the updates because this way, you have the character data when you fight them online or locally but you don't have the characters yourself. In which case, this means you are missing the latest update. Make sure you are running the latest version of Smash.

Hotsuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the DLC character files are small because they don't actually contain the characters; those files are just unlockers for the DLC characters. The actual character files are embedded in the updates because this way, you have the character data when you fight them online or locally but you don't have the characters yourself. In which case, this means you are missing the latest update. Make sure you are running the latest version of Smash.
Got it. Thanks!

Reactions: Draxzelex

mogs565

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Anyone got Final Fantasy VIII to work?​

renderTimingPixel.png

I've tired several version of FF8 yet all of them crash as soon as i boot the game

ive got the latest sigpatches and running 17.0 with the latest version of atmosphere

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Anyone got Final Fantasy VIII to work?​

renderTimingPixel.png

I've tired several version of FF8 yet all of them crash as soon as i boot the game

ive got the latest sigpatches and running 17.0 with the latest version of atmosphere
As far as I can see, the game should work with firmware 8.0.1. Did you try reinstalling it with the latest DBI or TinWoo?
If that doesn't help, you can try entering into the maintenance mode on your emuMMC/sysMMC, wherever you're running your Atmosphere on in order to clear the cache and/or any pending updates. Do the following:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well (unless you have DNS MITM in place).
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Right before you send your fusse.bin payload, hold volume + and volume - at the same time. Keep holding until you get into maintenance mode (you'll see Atmosphere bootlogo first, Switch logo after that one). After a while your Switch should enter into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending updates and cache is cleared, you don't need to press and/or select anything.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
Test if your game's working right now.

If that doesn't help, check this thread for more troubleshooting info.

Last edited by Blythe93,

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Have a switch with auto rcm enabled. If this will not be played for a week, how would you go about making sure the battery doesnt drain? Just turn screen off or shut down switch?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a switch with auto rcm enabled. If this will not be played for a week, how would you go about making sure the battery doesnt drain? Just turn screen off or shut down switch?
If you have a RCM jig, and a payload injector tool, then obviously turning completely off will save more battery. If you don't want to go through that, then put it in sleep mode, then charge it again before playing, or keep on charger/ dock. The battery should last a week in sleep mode without charging.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Based on Wulff Den's "Switch OLED's screen burn-in project" where he left his Switch plugged in for more than a year (maybe even two years by now). I believe that it's fairly safe to leave it in the official Switch dock or charging stand with the official Switch AC adapter. The battery shouldn't degrade over time unless your Switch is doing some intensive processing constantly.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Hotsuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but all of my cheats stopped working today. They were working just fine a few days ago. I am using the DeepSea whatever-you-call-it. I have 4 games installed on the SD Card and the cheats were working then. I am using atmosphere-1.6.2. The cheats are installed in atmosphere / contents. I tried deleting all of them, rebooting, and then putting them back but no luck. In EdiZon it says "No Cheats Loaded".

Ah, crap. I see the problem. The Title IDs match but all of the Build IDs have changed because I updated these games. I went on Cheat Slips and figured it out there. The only game that has working cheats is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but why am I only able to use one set of cheats? The one's I'm looking at all have the same Title & Build IDs but when I try to combine them all into one .txt file, only a few show up. I've got to pick one set to use.

Last edited by Hotsuma,

Batman215

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me why my dead battery symbol will randomly flash on my screen even though my switch is fully charged, also the screen will turn off. I can press the power button and the screen will come back on but sometimes the same thing will happen but the screen will not come back on, so I have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds and then connect the switch to my phone to use nxloader and then inject the payload to get the switch on. Sometimes I can get some play time in without issue then other times I'm dealing with this mess. Is there anyone out there that possibly has a resolution for this issue. I'm running latest firmware and latest atmosphere let me know if there's any other info that could be useful. I also included my hekate options menu in case there's something selected that shouldn't be

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20231231-213943.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231231-213943.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 12
  • VideoCapture_20231231-214113.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231231-214113.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20231231_220851_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_220851_Gallery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited by Batman215,

tomchern42p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get a switch but I want to mod it can someone point me in the direction of someone to install a mod chip or sells them with the ship installed

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get a switch but I want to mod it can someone point me in the direction of someone to install a mod chip or sells them with the ship installed
It be hard to find them "legally" in the USA that are already modded with a chip. You can find used V1 easily on ebay and softmod them yourself on a PC. Sometimes you can find a newer modchipped Switch for sale on ebay, but the wording won't/ can't say that exactly, because of the US laws and rules of ebay. Same goes for advertising of modchipping services.

Hotsuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that when I enable ; dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0 (to turn it off) in system_settings, put it into the config folder, and then reboot. It'll cause certain games to become corrupted. Games such as Super Mario Bros. Wonder. And the only way to fix it is by running the sigpatch-updater. Also, when I installed the aio-switch-updater and updated certain files, it competely corrupted every game I had on the Switch. Lastly cheats. I have only been doing this for a few days but the cheat app EdiZon has been giving me a headache all day. Sometimes it will change the cheat file (no idea how this happens) and give me cheats I did not install. It mostly ignores the settings in system_settings.ini. When I choose to have all cheats turned off by default, it ignores that most of the time. It may have worked two or three times total. I got rd of the cheat file that has cheats for every game and just installed the ones I wanted. This is why I don't get how EdiZon changed the cheats.

Likedawayido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I wanted to start off by giving a tad bit of info about me. For starters I am a gaming grandmother (they call me Oma Shay) to 5 boys who all love gaming as well. If I haven't taught them anything else in life at least I have taught them the power of gaming!!! Secondly I know ZERO about hacking lol. I have a jailbroken switch that a friend of mind that did all of the programming stuff on it. One of the grands let the switch die and usually I can just plug it into the computer and inject the payload but this time it gave me an ERROR code!! the code it gave me was
Fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)! Help an old lady out lol :)

For the life of me I cant find where to write my own post...Sorry for piggybacking you!

Attachments

• switch.jpeg
    switch.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu