Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i just formatted my sd card to FAT32

how my game files nsp is 6 gig and up and i cant copy paste them to my sd card

is there other way to install games?
or is it possible to cut them into 2 or 3 if needed
(if its possible what is the maximum file i can copy paste to my fat 32 sd card?)
Best to use a USB to Switch app from a pc like DBI: https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases
But if you must : https://gbatemp.net/threads/nspsplitty-gui-form-nsp-split-tool.551454/

Reactions: Blythe93

FellDragonGrima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi quick question. Does Nintendo Deepsea work for the latest Switch update: 17.0.1? I know it supports the normal 17.0.0 but yeah... Any help/answers would be appreciated!

kuroudeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I haven't tested it, but did you try going to This PC > Add a network location and following a setup wizard?
Post automatically merged:

I've seen this error when people were running homebrew apps in applet mode. Try launching your homebrew in full RAM mode i.e. hold R button before launching any game in order to load hbmenu in full RAM mode. It should work then. Some apps will work, the others won't (at least, not properly all the time).
Thank you! That solved it!

pokemonplayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to find a clean 3.0.0 NPS update for Pokemon Scarlet. I am playing on Ryujinx and have 2.0.2. I have both DLCs but I can't access the second one (indigo) because I need 3.0.0.
All the places I get roms from, they aren't clean versions because Ryujinx crashes when I try to play with them.
Any help?

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i just formatted my sd card to FAT32

how my game files nsp is 6 gig and up and i cant copy paste them to my sd card

is there other way to install games?
or is it possible to cut them into 2 or 3 if needed
(if its possible what is the maximum file i can copy paste to my fat 32 sd card?)
If I'm not mistaken, fat32 is limited to 4gb files. Use gold leaf or tinfoil to install them from pc directly to sd card.
Be aware though, people says that tinfoil gets you banned, personally I haven't experienced nothing like that, since I keep everything offline

IAmTheDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long time lurker but follow the scene as best I can.

I have a OLED which I'm keeping stock (for the time being) but looking to get an 'upgrade'.

If you had the choice which would be the better option?:
  • Unpatched v1
  • Patched v2 with picofly
Thinking v2 initially but I don't have the physical skills or kit to troubleshoot the chip if something goes wrong hardware wise.

If the install is done well are there any issues that could crop up like connections coming loose, pitfalls if I need to update the chips firmware and such?

Are v1s still going strong with their age?

It'd probably be a eBay job as I'm not clued up on availability elsewhere and they vary from £100-£180 depending on condition.

I only use it docked so the the odd screen scratch isn't much of an issue (old, tired eyes) and I never take it anywhere.

Thoughts?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Unpatched v1
If the install is done well are there any issues that could crop up like connections coming loose, pitfalls if I need to update the chips firmware and such?
It'd probably be a eBay job as I'm not clued up on availability elsewhere and they vary from £100-£180 depending on condition.
Both units work well, but obv V2, Oled is better screen, faster CPU/RAM, better battery life.
If you get a chip installed, there should be no issues other than updating FW occasionaly, if the installer is a quality installer.
I have a V1 and it is still going strong, if buying a v1, you just have to watch for stick drift, and battery life. Most chip installs here in the USA are $100+ (not counting the cost of the Switch itself). Good luck!
https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Last edited by BigOnYa,

IAmTheDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Both units work well, but obv V2, Oled is better screen, faster CPU/RAM, better battery life.
If you get a chip installed, there should be no issues other than updating FW occasionaly, if the installer is a quality installer.
I have a V1 and it is still going strong, if buying a v1, you just have to watch for stick drift, and battery life. Most chip installs here in the USA are $100+ (not counting the cost of the Switch itself). Good luck!
Ah completely forgot the v2 had a little bump in specs and the bigger battery. That may push me slightly towards the pico then, just for longevity's sake.

I've already got the other kit etc so would be tablet only to keep the price down.

By biggest concern with a chip is if anything happens hardware wise. I'm competent and tech literate enough to sort the rest out but taking it apart and trying to rectify hardware is not my strong suit. Last time I used a soldering iron was in the OG Xbox days.

I've seen installers on Etsy/Ebay and they cost anywhere between £90-£150 but I won't be getting my OLED done until at least the Switch2 is out.

Might bite the bullet on a v2 pico then..

WiseDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hey
wisedan here trying to get wiser
i have a device like the photo and wonder if i get hooked up on ns can transfer files to/from console and with what app?
memorie-usb-sandisk-ultra-dual-drive-luxe-128gb-usb-c-872622.jpeg

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey
wisedan here trying to get wiser
i have a device like the photo and wonder if i get hooked up on ns can transfer files to/from console and with what app?
If you already have a modded Switch, there is an option in Hekate, and Atmosphere to use your switch like a USB storage device with a USB-C cable from Switch to PC. No need to remove the micro sd card, or power down. https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/blob/v6.0.7/README.md

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time lurker but follow the scene as best I can.

I have a OLED which I'm keeping stock (for the time being) but looking to get an 'upgrade'.

• Unpatched v1
Thinking v2 initially but I don't have the physical skills or kit to troubleshoot the chip if something goes wrong hardware wise.

I only use it docked so the the odd screen scratch isn't much of an issue (old, tired eyes) and I never take it anywhere.

Thoughts?
I believe that you've already answered to yourself.
OLED is better, but 99% of people buy it because of the display, it's beautiful when you play in handheld mode. Since you are also considering a V2, I'm guessing OLED display isn't your case... So, why would you complicate everything buy buying a V2 and then modding it?? If something doesn't work properly, you have to figure out if the problem is hardware, software related or both.
On V1 you have only software problem (it could also be hardware if you use a homemade jig and short wrong pins) it runs the same stuff as OLED, the performance might suck, but that's not a huge deal.

And... V1 is less pricier than V2/lite/oled + modding. 1,5 years ago I bought for my cousin a virgin (that has never been opened) one from ebay for less than 200 bucks and it was as new with everything, including the box. Now the prices should be less than that (I guess).

I play only on TV, so I got myself a broken unpatched V1 and repaired it.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
f you had the choice which would be the better option?:
  • Unpatched v1
Definitely unpatched v1, mainly because of ease of hacking it and running hombrew, games and alike.
V2 is a bit better in specs - better battery life, a bit better performing CPU (runs a bit cooler) and a bit brighter screen.

It entirely depends on their condition. I was lucky enough to buy two unpatched units with pretty decent battery life. No issues so far whatsoever.

In that case, any model will do (except Lite, obviously), it only depends on whether you want to be bothered with installing modchip for V2 or OLED or getting a decently preserved unpatched V1 which is reasonably easy to softmod. Keep an eye out for unit that isn't banned if you want to play games that you've purchased online.

Reactions: BigOnYa

IAmTheDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Food for thought on those points then. I've done a bit more reading to catch up and I'm now looking to just go for the cheapest v1 I can find.

Even if it only lasts a year or two I'm sure I'll get the use out of it. Then after the Switch2 releases I'll take a look at getting the OLED done.

One quick question I can't seem to pin down. On a v1, how 'unbrickable' are they being softmodded. Are they in the realm of "crap that wiped the nand but I can boot to recovery" or "balls it ain't coming back from that"? I have only been in that situation once (old 360 many moons ago) so its not a big worry but just info to know.

Appreciate the insights, I follow the scene as best I can but life...

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One quick question I can't seem to pin down. On a v1, how 'unbrickable' are they being softmodded. Are they in the realm of "crap that wiped the nand but I can boot to recovery" or "balls it ain't coming back from that"? I have only been in that situation once (old 360 many moons ago) so its not a big worry but just info to know.

Appreciate the insights, I follow the scene as best I can but life...
You backup your Nand, then if a problems ever arises, you can restore your Nand backup. "Bricks" are not really an issue with the switch. Even "bricked" switches can be restored. Online ban would be the biggest worry, if you are wanting to play online. You can create a Emunand to play online safely though, without worrying about a ban. Well less worrisome I should say, because bans are always possible, yet rare, with a Emunand setup.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

is there a way to always disable gamecard reader in emunand?

I mistakenly ended up upgrading my stock sysnand to latest firmware without paying attention, so now every possible fuse is burned, including the gamecard reader... maybe this is for the better, so now I am not worried anymore in preserving those :-P

Anyway, autonogc on hekate config will only disable the reader if there are fuses to be preserved, so that option seems to do nothing in my case

I would like to keep my emunand clean from my physical games, but I want to avoid the need to always eject the gamecard before booting hekate

I am not sure on how to achieve what I want, can anyone please point me into the right way?

Thanks!

IAmTheDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You backup your Nand, then if a problems ever arises, you can restore your Nand backup. "Bricks" are not really an issue with the switch. Even "bricked" switches can be restored. Online ban would be the biggest worry, if you are wanting to play online. You can create a Emunand to play online safely though, without worrying about a ban. Well less worrisome I should say, because bans are always possible, yet rare, with a Emunand setup.
That's brilliant to know. I've seen many error screens and 'bricked' posts when browsing on Reddit et al., but never knew enough to understand any of the issues and whether it actually was a brick.

I have some more reading and learning to do now though!

beanz00_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I made a post on the main forum earlier asking about this issue and someone told me to ask it again here, so i will put a tl:dr.

I can't launch games on emuMMC, it gives the error 2002-1002. It used to work but then i formatted the sd card to change the partitions and didn't backup emuMMC properly. I reinstalled it and now no games work. They work fine on sysMMC.
I tried re-installing emuMMC, updating to the latest firmware, reinstalling the game, using a different profile, removing the mods, updating sigpatches, and completely reformatting my SD card and starting from scratch, but nothing helped.

I don't know what to do now, can anyone help me?

Link to original post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-2002-1002-when-launching-games-on-emummc.646450/#post-10336165

Last edited by beanz00_,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a post on the main forum earlier asking about this issue and someone told me to ask it again here, so i will put a tl:dr.

I can't launch games on emuMMC, it gives the error 2002-1002. It used to work but then i formatted the sd card to change the partitions and didn't backup emuMMC properly. I reinstalled it and now no games work. They work fine on sysMMC.
I tried re-installing emuMMC, updating to the latest firmware, reinstalling the game, using a different profile, removing the mods, updating sigpatches, and completely reformatting my SD card and starting from scratch, but nothing helped.

I don't know what to do now, can anyone help me?
It may be your game saves are corrupted in your new Emunand. Try deleting game saves in Emunand, or restoring them in your new Emunand with JKSV or Checkpoint if you have backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E