Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not in the foreseeable future, but its not impossible. For example, there is an exploit that has been tested to work up to 4.1 but has not been released yet due to the fact that it hasn't been tested on 5.X yet. So once they get a chance to test it on those firmwares, we'll know what options 5.X has available outside of RCM.

Basically what epickid said. Soon (TM)
So waiting for Atmosphere to release will not provide emuNAND and isn't what I'm looking for?

So I have another question then. Seeing as the Homebrew scene seems to be moving rapidly now and 5.1.0 is essentially supported, would there be any harm in updating at this point and using my switch to its fullest extent? There are several summer releases I plan on buying. I was hoping to blockquote the updates but if it's a choice between using homebrew or using the system I'm obviously just going to update, I just want to know how that limits me first.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So waiting for Atmosphere to release will not provide emuNAND and isn't what I'm looking for?

So I have another question then. Seeing as the Homebrew scene seems to be moving rapidly now and 5.1.0 is essentially supported, would there be any harm in updating at this point and using my switch to its fullest extent? There are several summer releases I plan on buying. I was hoping to blockquote the updates but if it's a choice between using homebrew or using the system I'm obviously just going to update, I just want to know how that limits me first.
No what I was saying was that EmuNAND will most likely not be available until Atmosphere is although there is another developer who is reportedly working on setting up EmuNAND so it may come out earlier than Atmosphere's release.

Historically, homebrew are always designed around the most exploitable firmware. The Switch is an interesting case as now all firmwares are equally exploitable. However, the exploit for all firmwares is not 100% ideal. It involves using a piece of metal as well as a USB cable at the noob level. So some people may prefer to keep a low SysNAND in the event another exploit is released for lower firmwares. In order to prevent being banned, they will be using hacks offline in this lower SysNAND. Because of this, it would be ideal if homebrew devs tried to make it work on all firmwares. However, most people will be using hacks on the latest firmware because its supported and has benefits unlike all other firmwares (namely online capabilities). So it may be best to be on the latest firmware, but there will be others who aren't and as such homebrew devs may work to update their work.

Reactions: P4wn4g3

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

also, really the only benefit of staying on a lower firmware is that you wontw have to use RCM to boot atmosphere

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No what I was saying was that EmuNAND will most likely not be available until Atmosphere is although there is another developer who is reportedly working on setting up EmuNAND so it may come out earlier than Atmosphere's release.

Historically, homebrew are always designed around the most exploitable firmware. The Switch is an interesting case as now all firmwares are equally exploitable. However, the exploit for all firmwares is not 100% ideal. It involves using a piece of metal as well as a USB cable at the noob level. So some people may prefer to keep a low SysNAND in the event another exploit is released for lower firmwares. In order to prevent being banned, they will be using hacks offline in this lower SysNAND. Because of this, it would be ideal if homebrew devs tried to make it work on all firmwares. However, most people will be using hacks on the latest firmware because its supported and has benefits unlike all other firmwares (namely online capabilities). So it may be best to be on the latest firmware, but there will be others who aren't and as such homebrew devs may work to update their work.
OK so then if I wait to update until a while after Atmosphere is released and installed on my Switch, and get the exFat exploit working, then I should have the option to keep sysNAND at 4.1.0 and whatever advantages that may have and also should be able to update emuNAND for Eshop and all that then.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are the instruction fro SX pro the same as SX OS on xecuter web page ???
Probably because they are not responsible for booting their CFW using non-TX branded methods. You're either paying for SX OS plus their customized way of booting it or the OS by itself. They expect users who buy the SX OS by itself to be competent enough to know how to do themselves otherwise why would you buy it alone?

OK so then if I wait to update until a while after Atmosphere is released and installed on my Switch, and get the exFat exploit working, then I should have the option to keep sysNAND at 4.1.0 and whatever advantages that may have and also should be able to update emuNAND for Eshop and all that then.
Exactly which is what I'm doing. However, recent events are suggesting we may be able to reap the benefits EmuNAND earlier than anticipated. Still, we must continue to play the waiting game until something is released or a date is announced.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Probably because they are not responsible for booting their CFW using non-TX branded methods. You're either paying for SX OS plus their customized way of booting it or the OS by itself. They expect users who buy the SX OS by itself to be competent enough to know how to do themselves otherwise why would you buy it alone?

Exactly which is what I'm doing. However, recent events are suggesting we may be able to reap the benefits EmuNAND earlier than anticipated. Still, we must continue to play the waiting game until something is released or a date is announced.
Of course i will be able to put myself rcm mode without the jig , but for the dongle replacement they have to provide a bin or other file that you can send trough tegra with your computer or android phone .
Thats why they put on their page thta the payload can be sebd trough tegra or android phone with an usb c , cable .

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course i will be able to put myself rcm mode without the jig , but for the dongle replacement they have to provide a bin or other file that you can send trough tegra with your computer or android phone .
Thats why they put on their page thta the payload can be sebd trough tegra or android phone with an usb c , cable .
Haven't seen any mention on what to do if you lose your dongle especially since the license is tied to the dongle. You just may need to buy another one.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the proper DNS blocked, you should be able to use PegaSwitch without downloading an update. Although PegaSwitch has slowly been falling out of favor due to the power of RCM.
true and I have my jig for it but, do I need to use it more than once? I wouldn't want to damage /mess with the pins. Also since I'm on 2.20 I only see stuff/tutorials for 4.xx-5.xx.

Last edited by qaz015393,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true and I have my jig for it but, do I need to use it more than once? I wouldn't want to damage /mess with the pins. Also since I'm on 2.20 I only see stuff/tutorials for 4.xx-5.xx.
Pegaswitch does not use the jig. Those tutorials that you are referring to use a tethered coldboot known as Fusee Gelee to boot the homebrew menu. Pegaswitch involves connecting to a web server to boot the homebrew menu. If you were to use a jig to boot the homebrew menu, you would either need to keep the Switch in sleep mode or use the jig again when you turn it off.
Pegaswitch: https://switch.hacks.guide/
Jig+RCM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-1-x-5-x-how-to-run-homebrew-on-your-nintendo-switch.506529/

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pegaswitch does not use the jig. Those tutorials that you are referring to use a tethered coldboot known as Fusee Gelee to boot the homebrew menu. Pegaswitch involves connecting to a web server to boot the homebrew menu. If you were to use a jig to boot the homebrew menu, you would either need to keep the Switch in sleep mode or use the jig again when you turn it off.
Pegaswitch: https://switch.hacks.guide/
Jig+RCM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-1-x-5-x-how-to-run-homebrew-on-your-nintendo-switch.506529/
yeah I was going to use use pegaswitch instead of the jig & RCM. It seems that pegaswitch and the tutorial has been updated and there's no longer the not tested on 2.20 disclaimer

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I purchased an SX Pro will that let me play game backups? If so is that the only way to play game backups right now? WIll it also let me backup my games, use homebrew and use edit saves?

Last edited by jrr6415sun,

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I Start cmd/terminal and cd to the PegaSwitch folder? I have moved my pegaswitch master folder from my downloads to my desktop and can't seem to figure out part 2 of the pegaswitch tutorial because I don't know how to use cmd. when I try to do it, I get errors. can i get some help.

RebelAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, i just bought a Switch with 3.0.2 firmware and used Zelda Game. The problem is that when i insert the cartridge with the game i got the information to update system. Is it possible to reverse updated game, update only to 4.1 to run it or just any other way to play the game while waiting for some Custom Firmware?

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I soldered a 10k resistor to pins 7 and 10 in right joy-con rail to get RCM. I confirmed it works. but can this be detected if I plug it into other Switch on newest firmware to pair it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I purchased an SX Pro will that let me play game backups? If so is that the only way to play game backups right now? WIll it also let me backup my games, use homebrew and use edit saves?
Yes but it may take a while for the Pro to come in as the first shipment has already sold out. There is currently another way to play backups however it is not user-friendly as well as requiring you to be on the latest firmware.

how do I Start cmd/terminal and cd to the PegaSwitch folder? I have moved my pegaswitch master folder from my downloads to my desktop and can't seem to figure out part 2 of the pegaswitch tutorial because I don't know how to use cmd. when I try to do it, I get errors. can i get some help.
They want you to run a command in step 3 but cmd that prompt will only work when its in the same folder as pegaswitch. To make your life a whole lot easier, just hold shift and right-click in the folder containing Pegaswitch.
Hello, i just bought a Switch with 3.0.2 firmware and used Zelda Game. The problem is that when i insert the cartridge with the game i got the information to update system. Is it possible to reverse updated game, update only to 4.1 to run it or just any other way to play the game while waiting for some Custom Firmware?
The only way to update to 4.1 is to use a cartridge that contains the firmware update. If you don't have a physical cartridge, you can use this guide to update to 4.1 using a backup that you can find online: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transplant-savedata-system-and-user-from-other-switches.506840/
Also, game updates are stored on the Switch not on the cartridge. Therefore, there are no game updates stored on the game cartridge to reverse. The Switch however may have download a system update at some point. In any case removing it easy if you follow the steps listed here: https://reswitched.tech/info/faq This also has some useful DNS that you can use to block future updates.
I soldered a 10k resistor to pins 7 and 10 in right joy-con rail to get RCM. I confirmed it works. but can this be detected if I plug it into other Switch on newest firmware to pair it?
Yes, this can be potentially detected in a future firmware update since pin 10 is now constantly high. Whether or not Nintendo will do that or start banning people who have is left to speculation.

Reactions: normal19

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex you mentioned that there is a backup loader available for the latest firmware but it’s not user friendly.
Is there a link to configure / setup this loader?
Well, some of the files needed to get the backup loader working were removed so its not publicly doable. There is no formal tutorial yet however this lists the basic steps (and they are by no means basic): https://gbatemp.net/threads/backups-are-here.507484/
If you can manage to get to step 6 (which is not easy by any stretch of the imagination), you need the files from SimonMKWii's discord server.

And just to be clear, if I haven't emphasized it enough, loading backups via this method is NOT recommended as it is not user-friendly as well as using potentially copyrighted code.

Reactions: Anthony D'Amico

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They want you to run a command in step 3 but cmd that prompt will only work when its in the same folder as pegaswitch. To make your life a whole lot easier, just hold shift and right-click in the folder containing Pegaswitch.
ok I did that. Once i opened pegaswitch in command window, I did the npm install install and it gave me a Err! and then after i did node start.js and got an error. What did I do wrong? I'm following the tutorial step by step and don't see a ip address.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F