Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you for the reply ! Last question can you play your game as you normally do without using a dump. Playing as if your switch didnt have any modification ?
For that question, we do not know. There is always the possibility the system is storing data when it is running the CFW that is retained even after the console is shut down. For argument's sake, I would say its not 100% safe but I would also say that no user has been banned for solely running a CFW. Use your own discretion wisely.

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused. If 4.1 does not have exfat support how do I install games like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze where the xci file is over 7GB?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused. If 4.1 does not have exfat support how do I install games like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze where the xci file is over 7GB?
It must be done via a NAND backup and a game dump that has the 4.1 firmware update. You can use either of the following guides for the process.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/
I would recommend method 2 from the first tutorial as it is the least likely to get you banned.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ordered from 3ds-flashcard? I ordered a Xecuter SX PRO from them but I'm about to ask to stop the order and cancel it. I don't want to buy it and it ends up like Gateway and have wasted another $83 (because I was going to buy the 32 gig card). Are they a good place to buy from?

Also what would be the purpose of the Xecuter pro if cfw is already free and isn't there another way for free cfw, payloads to play backups? Sorry but way too much news to remember everything. Also how would it be able to use the payloads to swap between games without any risk for my Switch? I have one for work (one with almost up to date fw and use to download from eshop) so hoping that if I use the cfw to swap a back up, I will be able to use the normal fw and not get banned /brick the system. My 2.0.0 Switch probably won't be able to play most besides Zelda (hoping that the save editor could give me sone of the dlc items - maybe)

Last edited by qaz015393,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ordered from 3ds-flashcard? I ordered a Xecuter SX PRO from them but I'm about to ask to stop the order and cancel it. I don't want to buy it and it ends up like Gateway and have wasted another $83 (because I was going to buy the 32 gig card). Are they a good place to buy from?
Based on what I've read and seen, it seems like they are very slow with their orders compared with the other resellers. You are not alone as there are many other users who have ordered from them and are waiting for their TX products. So to answer your question, they seem trustworthy to me at least.

Also what would be the purpose of the Xecuter pro if cfw is already free and isn't there another way for free cfw, payloads to play backups? Sorry but way too much news to remember everything. Also how would it be able to use the payloads to swap between games without any risk for my Switch? I have one for work (one with almost up to date fw and use to download from eshop) so hoping that if I use the cfw to swap a back up, I will be able to use the normal fw and not get banned /brick the system. My 2.0.0 Switch probably won't be able to play most besides Zelda (hoping that the save editor could give me sone of the dlc items - maybe)
The SX Pro features uses a dongle versus a USB cable that would be used to connect to a second device capable of sending the payload. If you don't want to carry a USB cable and something else to load payloads with, the dongle is arguably more convenient.

There is another way to load backups, but its technically backup swapping. Its more official term is LBL (LayeredFS Backup Launching). As for swapping between games to mitigate being banned, using LBL by itself is already an inherent ban risk. Swapping between LBL games and legitimate games won't reduce your ban risk. Its theoretically possible that the Switch is logging information when using LBL that could be transmitted to Nintendo the next time the console is connected to the Internet. These ban risks also apply to TX's products.

Can I load backups on my legit, non-cracked SX OS WITHOUT the dongle? Like on the same MicroSD card in my Switch?
SX OS needs a properly activated license associated with your Switch in order to play backups. If you mean that you will load the CFW with the dongle instead of a USB cable reading the SX OS on your SD card, then yes this is possible.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS needs a properly activated license associated with your Switch in order to play backups. If you mean that you will load the CFW with the dongle instead of a USB cable reading the SX OS on your SD card, then yes this is possible.

I understand I need a license for the OS to work. I wanna know if I can run the licensed OS on my Switch, no dongle. Running from the microSD inside my switch, via RCM, either by PC or Android device, using a jig.

Sorry if I come off as confusing...

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what I've read and seen, it seems like they are very slow with their orders compared with the other resellers. You are not alone as there are many other users who have ordered from them and are waiting for their TX products. So to answer your question, they seem trustworthy to me at least.

The SX Pro features uses a dongle versus a USB cable that would be used to connect to a second device capable of sending the payload. If you don't want to carry a USB cable and something else to load payloads with, the dongle is arguably more convenient.

There is another way to load backups, but its technically backup swapping. Its more official term is LBL (LayeredFS Backup Launching). As for swapping between games to mitigate being banned, using LBL by itself is already an inherent ban risk. Swapping between LBL games and legitimate games won't reduce your ban risk. Its theoretically possible that the Switch is logging information when using LBL that could be transmitted to Nintendo the next time the console is connected to the Internet. These ban risks also apply to TX's products.
Ok so if I choose free shipping there, would it loose my order? Otherwise I would choose usps this way I could probably get a refund if they losse my package.ok so i take that i can't ise it for both of my consoles I was wanting to use it on my 2.0.0 one but don't think the backups would work. Ok so I guess I should just use it for my 2.0 Switch if the games work. I will just simply not have the console on my wifi /network and turn off the updates If I keep the system in sleep mode I don't think it should cause a problem.
Also i don't know if my jig that I currently have works or if the ends for the pins need to be readjusted.

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Answering my own question. I was able to use cutter to split the xci file to 4gb pieces and load it that way.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand I need a license for the OS to work. I wanna know if I can run the licensed OS on my Switch, no dongle. Running from the microSD inside my switch, via RCM, either by PC or Android device, using a jig.

Sorry if I come off as confusing...
Yes you don't need the dongle to load SX OS. That's why they chose to sell the OS by itself without the dongle for those who wish to save a little money when playing backups.
Ok so if I choose free shipping there, would it loose my order? Otherwise I would choose usps this way I could probably get a refund if they losse my package.ok so i take that i can't ise it for both of my consoles I was wanting to use it on my 2.0.0 one but don't think the backups would work. Ok so I guess I should just use it for my 2.0 Switch if the games work. I will just simply not have the console on my wifi /network and turn off the updates If I keep the system in sleep mode I don't think it should cause a problem.
Also i don't know if my jig that I currently have works or if the ends for the pins need to be readjusted.
Part of me wants to say no, but that's a responsibility you have to accept when dealing with products that border on being legal. There's a reason why Action Replays and devices similar are no longer sold in chain game stores. If you want to stay up-to-date with fellow users about the status of your SX product from there, you can visit this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-flashcard-sx-pro.507996/

Jigs don't have a 100% success rate because of variations in the way manufacturers stick the metal into the jigs. If you want to experiment with other methods, you can find them here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/
Is there anyway to make a replacement rail "jig" if I cant solder for shit?
You mean like a replacement Joy-Con Rail for the Switch? Or like the jig that slides into the rail?

MaxAni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy a jig as low as $3 on Ebay or use a paperclip.

I already have a regular jig but I'd rather have a replacement Joy-Con Rail "jig" since those look more safe in the long run.

Yes you don't need the dongle to load SX OS. That's why they chose to sell the OS by itself without the dongle for those who wish to save a little money when playing backups.
Part of me wants to say no, but that's a responsibility you have to accept when dealing with products that border on being legal. There's a reason why Action Replays and devices similar are no longer sold in chain game stores. If you want to stay up-to-date with fellow users about the status of your SX product from there, you can visit this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-flashcard-sx-pro.507996/

Jigs don't have a 100% success rate because of variations in the way manufacturers stick the metal into the jigs. If you want to experiment with other methods, you can find them here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/
You mean like a replacement Joy-Con Rail for the Switch? Or like the jig that slides into the rail?

Yah, a replacement Joy-Con Rail surda jig. Like this https://gbatemp.net/threads/jig-con-creation-basic-tutorial-easy-medium.508225/ . I want to make one of those but cant solder so looking for an alternative way... I want one of those cuz pretty sure their more safe than a jig...

Last edited by MaxAni,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, a replacement Joy-Con Rail surda jig. Like this https://gbatemp.net/threads/jig-con-creation-basic-tutorial-easy-medium.508225/ . I want to make one of those but cant solder so looking for an alternative way... I want one of those cuz pretty sure their more safe than a jig...
Wow, I'm amazed people have guides for this type of stuff. Guess that means I don't know of a way to do without soldering considering I didn't know there was a way at all, but I'll keep my eye peeled. GBATemp is known for making seemingly useless and convoluted things.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok thanks. Lol yeah I stopped using my action replays but I remember them being everywhere.
Ok thanks again. Now I'm comfortable with my purchase with them. Kind of lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already have a regular jig but I'd rather have a replacement Joy-Con Rail "jig" since those look more safe in the long run.

Oh OK

MaxAni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm amazed people have guides for this type of stuff. Guess that means I don't know of a way to do without soldering considering I didn't know there was a way at all, but I'll keep my eye peeled. GBATemp is known for making seemingly useless and convoluted things.

Yah, pretty interesting stuff. But like, I cant solder for shit. Hopefully there is a way I might have overlooked... idk. Thanks anyway.

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stripped a twist tie. Took the metal wire and stuck it under the screw in the rail and touched the other end to pin 10...easy peasy

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to Install AutoRCM without using SX OS's method?

I have had a look in the forums and on google but the tops hits are always related to SX OS

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: