Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey there! I'll getting my switch soon and I've been wondering what FW would be the easiest to hack for a noob who is interested in Atmosphere(and also what serial to look out for for the specific FW)
For an overview about all firmwares read this thread. Of course, it's the best to get a switch on the lowest firmware as possible (1.0.0) since it has the most vulnerabilities and can always be updated later on if needed.

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
For an overview about all firmwares read this thread. Of course, it's the best to get a switch on the lowest firmware as possible (1.0.0) since it has the most vulnerabilities and can always be updated later on if needed.
Yeah, makes sense, thanks. Could you point me to the thread where the FW is sorted by serial numbers?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks. One more thing, the serial is viewable from the box, right?
Yes, you can find the serial number at the bottom of the box.

Attachments

• 1513254281-20171214-131858.jpg
    1513254281-20171214-131858.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 143
Last edited by pLaYeR^^,
Reactions: Mylink5

guliver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there. Sorry for noob question.. im currently on 2.1.0 fw, and got pegaswitch and hb working.. but Im confused about Hekate / RCM / Payloads on lower firmwares. Every guide seems to be about the most recent. How can I boot to hekate so I can backup my nand for example?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. Sorry for noob question.. im currently on 2.1.0 fw, and got pegaswitch and hb working.. but Im confused about Hekate / RCM / Payloads on lower firmwares. Every guide seems to be about the most recent. How can I boot to hekate so I can backup my nand for example?
Hekate works on all firmwares. Here, I'll link you the most up-to-date guide so you can dump your NAND: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-1-x-5-x-how-to-run-homebrew-on-your-nintendo-switch.506529/

Reactions: guliver

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As a lot of people may have seen. SX OS 1.1 has released
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-os-updated-to-1-1.508321/

one of the features is that the fuses do not burn now.

Does anyone know how this function works?
Is it just automatic, like as long as im booted into SX OS, if i upgrade my FW, the fuse won't burn or is there some process you need to follow when upgrading?

SleepyInns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello guys, I just order the SX Pro.
Just wondering is there any difference between doing a coldboot without the dongle to boot into OFW and boot into OFW from the SX OS launcher?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a lot of people may have seen. SX OS 1.1 has released
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-os-updated-to-1-1.508321/

one of the features is that the fuses do not burn now.

Does anyone know how this function works?
Is it just automatic, like as long as im booted into SX OS, if i upgrade my FW, the fuse won't burn or is there some process you need to follow when upgrading?
To answer your question, yes when you update using their CFW, you will not burn fuses. HOWEVER! According to rajkosto, their launcher does not bypass the fuse check so your console won't be able to boot properly if using their launcher. Hekate is still the only launcher that prevents fuses from being burnt AND bypasses the fuse check.
Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ (its in big red letters)

Hello guys, I just order the SX Pro.
Just wondering is there any difference between doing a coldboot without the dongle to boot into OFW and boot into OFW from the SX OS launcher?
The difference is in the user interaction required. The SX Pro uses the dongle which is arguably easier than plugging the Switch with a USB cable to a device that will boot it into SX OS. The end goal is identical in that they both end up running their CFW.

SleepyInns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The difference is in the user interaction required. The SX Pro uses the dongle which is arguably easier than plugging the Switch with a USB cable to a device that will boot it into SX OS. The end goal is identical in that they both end up running their CFW.

I'm asking about booting into OFW, not CFW. Sorry if I make you confused :D

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking about booting into OFW, not CFW. Sorry if I make you confused :D
No it is my mistake for implying you were referring to CFW. Anyways to answer your question, there is a very slight difference since the latter option involves booting into RCM first and its possible that Nintendo may start keeping track of how we boot the Switch in the future. However, that difference can easily be masked so I would say realistically, there is no difference.

Reactions: SleepyInns

SleepyInns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No it is my mistake for implying you were referring to CFW. Anyways to answer your question, there is a very slight difference since the latter option involves booting into RCM first and its possible that Nintendo may start keeping track of how we boot the Switch in the future. However, that difference can easily be masked so I would say realistically, there is no difference.
Thanks for the answer

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry if it has already been asked but the messages go quickly on this topic.

if I understand correctly, when using backups being "online", Nintendo does not ban consoles or accounts but banned the backup used ?
So using airplane mode with SX os and online mode without SX os installed (so after a reboot without using thé SX Key thing) and legit games is save?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry if it has already been asked but the messages go quickly on this topic.

if I understand correctly, when using backups being "online", Nintendo does not ban consoles or accounts but banned the backup used ?
So using airplane mode with SX os and online mode without SX os installed (so after a reboot without using thé SX Key thing) and legit games is save?
It seems that there are different kind of bans. For example, one console of SciresM has been banned and he wasn't able to access the eShop anymore. Many people are reporting that they aren't able to use scene dumps online, because they were blacklisted or lack a valid certificate. But, since SX OS 1.1 fixes some issues with self-made backups, it's now possible to go online with them. However, only because you can play your own dumps online now, that doesn't mean that it's safe to do so. I would recommend you to not use your hacked switch online until we know more about what Nintendo can detect and how they proceed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F