Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 2.3.0 and I got the SX.

If I try to run a game that has a higher firmware than that I'll be asked to update? If I update, it will update my Original OS Firmware, not only the SX Os, which means I will not be on 2.3.0 anymore, right?
I also am trying to remove the exFat update, but I currently do not have a USB C, I managed to inject the FS.kip1, but it will not inject over to the SX Os payload, is there any way to inject it permanently without having a USB C Cable, or I'll just have to get one?
Update prompts on the Switch will always update you to the latest firmware at the time. Yes, you need a USB cable although I'm not sure why you would want to remove the exFAT update.

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update prompts on the Switch will always update you to the latest firmware at the time. Yes, you need a USB cable although I'm not sure why you would want to remove the exFAT update.
Sorry, I didn't explained it correctly. Remove the exFat update nag. I mean installing the exFAT update permanently. So I do need a USB C, no problem.

As for updating while inside de SX OS will cause my console to actually go to the same firmware (ie: doesn't act like an proper emunand like in the 3DS) right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I didn't explained it correctly. Remove the exFat update nag. I mean installing the exFAT update permanently. So I do need a USB C, no problem.

As for updating while inside de SX OS will cause my console to actually go to the same firmware (ie: doesn't act like an proper emunand like in the 3DS) right?
SX OS does not have EmuNAND, it is running off of your SysNAND so any updates will be applied to your actual Switch.

On a related note, here is a way to update your SysNAND while being able to return to your original firmware: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Reactions: Venseer

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a CDN? As in what CDNX downloads?
CDN is a tool to allow you to download content from the eShop on your computer as well as game/system updates. The only issue is that in order to make requests to the eShop, it requires a console's unique certificate meaning Nintendo can now track who is downloading what.

Reactions: TooEazyy_-

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will my legit bought DLC work on SX os back up games?
Yes it should since DLC is stored on the console and is not tied to any version of the game (i.e. retail, digital, etc.)

Hello!

Is there any difference between setting on airplane mode and deleting WiFi configuration from network settings?
There was a theory that the Switch briefly connects to the network stored in the Wi-Fi settings while Airplane Mode is enabled. Regardless, Airplane Mode shuts off all wireless capabilities which not only include connecting to the Internet but also local play. Deleting the Wi-Fi configurations ensures the Switch cannot connect to a wireless network.

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to use LayeredFS to mod files? All the guides I found looking online are about hacking the ROMs. Thanks

Last edited by daijobu,

wikoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question has been asked already.

My wife and I each have a 4.1 Switch.

Will staying on 4.1 let us do anything we can’t do on a 5.1 Switch?

Or should we go ahead and update to play Paladins and Fortnite (no big deal)?

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this question has been asked already.

My wife and I each have a 4.1 Switch.

Will staying on 4.1 let us do anything we can’t do on a 5.1 Switch?

Or should we go ahead and update to play Paladins and Fortnite (no big deal)?
I think the biggest advantage of staying on lower firmware is that you might be able to soft boot, but that might only apply to 3.x and under OS.

agas1957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is where the problem comes in. Updating from 3.0.2 to 4.X will not make your cartridge slot not work on firmwares below 4. Now this is only a problem if you update to 4.X without burning fuses in an effort to maintain the ability to boot 3.0.2. For reference, this is what I'm talking about: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Depending on what games you want to play, they may or may not need 4.X. Then you will have to adjust your plans. Again, I can't make these types of decisions for you. I can only provide the facts for you to interpret and base your final decision off of.

Thank you. Will read it slowly... :)

Still have to decide if I want to go 4.1 or 5.x...
It looks like 5.x can be banned for downloading updates from the store... :ninja:

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
exFAT is not simple to obtain without risking a ban. If you can follow the tutorial from start to finish, then you're golden. But there's a lot of steps and requires you to obtain things offline without providing the required files.

I see, you were refearing to the "headache" of geting exFAT without a 5.x oficial update. I agree, i´ve seen the tutorial. Maybe i´ll just update oficially, i´ll decide when atmosphere releases.

ghostotakoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
there is already an stable exploit for switch to be able of running dumped games??? i will like to buy 2 switch one for play pirate games and other for legal games and online and stuff.

Kanali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I' m aware that lower firmwares have the advantage of potentially being able to coldboot in the future, but when atmosphere releases, do you believe it will become possible for lower firmware consoles to play games requiring the newest firmware? I'm sitting on a 1.0.0 Switch, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep it so low if I won't be able to play games on it.

Bocchuoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
How far are we from free backup loading (not layeredfs)?
I'm thinking about buying sx os but im afraid that free solution will come soon.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I already know the answer but just want opinions, if i buy legit LA Noire cart, can I download the huge "update" (actually the rest of the game) without perhaps ban risk? (I use homebrew and SX OS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn