Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

billdoor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look it up in the internet ;) Its the best method for now
Why should a new switch be banned? I guess you want to check if its patched. If you know the s/n you can check it here:
i found the os and did the update and after the reboot i get black screen what should i do now? (start the os sx hack all over again?)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No it won't be a new one, I want to check if it is banned, not patched
You can only check if its banned if you have access to the console and try for example eShop.
i found the os and did the update and after the reboot i get black screen what should i do now? (start the os sx hack all over again?)
Thats very likely AutoRCM. Try to inject the payload of your CFW.

Reactions: billdoor

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final question!

Reminder: I'm using 6.2.0. when following this Tutorial.

Following the guide.sdsetup.com tutorial. I'm only modding for CFW and Tinfoil/Goldleaf. Is everything up-to-date on guide.sdsetup? I've read about certain Patches I may need to drop in a folder while on 6.2.0.

I've not yet completed my modding. I'm just starting and I've got to use an 8gb MicroSD to backup my NAND, so it'll be awhile until I would be able to start pushing the things I need to play Dark Souls.

Thank you for the help the past couple of days. I didn't have a USB-C to USB-A, but I finally picked up one. I'm excited to Softmod my 4th Nintendo Console!
Everything is up-to-date on their website.

oBluEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!! I am currently backing up my NAND...with an 8gb SD. Transferred 7GB already to my PC. Just another 21GB to go. I can't wait to get into CFW and Tinfoil/GL. I'm way to excited.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Getting a "games cannot be read" message, but only on the games that have been split (larger then 4gb), it appears the games 4GB and under work fine. SD card is formatted to FAT32. I know the larger games all work since I had them working on my smaller sd card, but I just upgraded to a larger size.

Update....Had the wrong cluster size on the microSD card

Last edited by lukands,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Getting a "games cannot be read" message, but only on the games that have been split (larger then 4gb), it appears the games 4GB and under work fine. SD card is formatted to FAT32. I know the larger games all work since I had them working on my smaller sd card, but I just upgraded to a larger size.

Just use usb install on the full game :)

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you don't want to boot OFW or turn it off, then you can just leave it in sleep mode while running CFW?

I always used hactool for extracting since its not designed to fail unless one of the keys are wrong unlike one of the many GUIs spawned from it. Also in case you haven't already, you can try dumping all of your keys with Lockpick to ensure you have the right keys for the job. Lastly, you can try looking up what the titlekey is supposed to be online.

I wanted to know if it's possible to power off and power on without booting the official firmware after using ChoidujourNX for updating with autorcm enabled.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it means that if I power off my switch it will directly go to rcm mode until I press power off button again after that right? Sorry for my bad english.
Basically with AutoRCM enabled, if you power down from Horizon (e.g OFW/CFW), the console will reboot into RCM. With AutoRCM enabled, if you power down from RCM (i.e. Hekate or manual shutdown which is holding power for 12 seconds), it will turn off. After extensive testing, I've documented all of this in my thread.

Reactions: Carnelian

michaelpatko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The creator of 90DNS couldn't find any rational explanation for why people were able to download updates when using 90DNS. The only conclusion I can come to is that they didn't configure it properly. But if you're paranoid and want a definitive way of not downloading updates, then delete your Wi-Fi settings. Unless you're using FTP or the web browser, there's no reason to have Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console.
What about people that want to play You Don't Know Jack which requires an active internet connection to play it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about people that want to play You Don't Know Jack which requires an active internet connection to play it?
All games, even third-party titles which host the content on a non-Nintendo server, still have to verify a lot of information before you can play the game so even a DNS blocker like 90DNS would prevent the games from being launched.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically with AutoRCM enabled, if you power down from Horizon (e.g OFW/CFW), the console will reboot into RCM. With AutoRCM enabled, if you power down from RCM (i.e. Hekate or manual shutdown which is holding power for 12 seconds), it will turn off. After extensive testing, I've documented all of this in my thread.

Ok, thanks for the help. :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
noob here

I guess sx os emunand has been stable for a while now right, so I'm thinking to use emunand to update to 6.2.0 (don't want to deal with autorcm so no update without burn efuse for me)
here's the question
1. I just need to create emunand, update using choidujournx and don't need to enable autorcm. it's that simple right?
2. is there any working devmenu for 6.2.0?
3. is there any use for devmenu now?

thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noob here

I guess sx os emunand has been stable for a while now right, so I'm thinking to use emunand to update to 6.2.0 (don't want to deal with autorcm so no update without burn efuse for me)
here's the question
1. I just need to create emunand, update using choidujournx and don't need to enable autorcm. it's that simple right?
2. is there any working devmenu for 6.2.0?
3. is there any use for devmenu now?

thanks
  1. Nope. The explanation is because in order to boot into EmuNAND, you need to boot SX OS which now disables the fuse check. Unlike OFW, you cannot boot into EmuNAND by accident so it becomes theoretically impossible to burn fuses with EmuNAND (unless TX messes up and doesn't bypass the fuse check in a future update)
  2. Yes
  3. It can reset the required version of a game in case you install an update that requires a higher firmware but you don't want to update. Outside of that, not sure what other point there is in DevMenu

Reactions: Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Nope. The explanation is because in order to boot into EmuNAND, you need to boot SX OS which now disables the fuse check. Unlike OFW, you cannot boot into EmuNAND by accident so it becomes theoretically impossible to burn fuses with EmuNAND (unless TX messes up and doesn't bypass the fuse check in a future update)
  2. Yes
  3. It can reset the required version of a game in case you install an update that requires a higher firmware but you don't want to update. Outside of that, not sure what other point there is in DevMenu
1. did "Nope" mean I was right and don't need to enable autorcm, or "Nope" those steps I wrote were incorrect?
I just want to update emunand to 6.2.0 and as far as I know it needs to be done using choidujournx, or can I boot emunand as update officially? without burning the fuse of course because I need the sysnand stays on older firmware

3. so if I updated the emunand to 6.2.0 there's no point in having devmenu right? got that

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
1. did "Nope" mean I was right and don't need to enable autorcm, or "Nope" those steps I wrote were incorrect?
I just want to update emunand to 6.2.0 and as far as I know it needs to be done using choidujournx, or can I boot emunand as update officially? without burning the fuse of course because I need the sysnand stays on older firmware

3. so if I updated the emunand to 6.2.0 there's no point in having devmenu right? got that
Create EmuNAND, update EmuNAND with choidujournx and disable autorcm (You dont need since EmuNAND can’t burn fuses like Draxzelex said). I also use EmuNAND and I haven‘t had any problems with it yet.

Reactions: Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Create EmuNAND, update EmuNAND with choidujournx and disable autorcm (You dont need since EmuNAND can’t burn fuses like Draxzelex said). I also use EmuNAND and I haven‘t had any problems with it yet.
got it. just need to make sure, thanks

aaabbbvvv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, new with Switch. Still waiting my dongle (want to be able boot the Switch anytime and anywhere), my Switch OFW is 4.0.1 and will test when have the jig. To summarize what need to do in order to run CFW and backups:
Enter RMC with the jig and put payload by dongle or by cable and pc/android/ect. Then run Hekate and make Nand-backup. And then run the cfw and instal .nsp (like 3DS cias) games. Think to use ReiNX, looks like the most user friendly. Havent decided after installing CFW which setup better, to run directly ReiNX or first Hekate and from there to choose. Found XCIexplorer, is it enough to check if the nsp are safe to use.
Installed games by Tinfoil remove partially firmware requirement but still some minimum. So to update (for newer games) without burn fuses and preserve ability to downgrade need to enable autoRMC to not enter OFW. But if boot by jig enter RMC and put the payload this also will prevent enter in OFW and burn fuses, right. Don't want to use autoRMC.
It's safe if the jig (that connecting 7 and 10 pins) stay allways in. I will use joycons detached and charging them through a grip-charger. Is that all, please correct any mistakes or if i miss something, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo