Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

IbnRami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, noob here trying to be less nooby with some answers.

Current Situation: I have a 6.1 switch hacked with a "moded" ReiNX. I have a NAND back up before the modding was done (6.1 too). I want to update to 8.1 so...

1. Is it possible and/or advisable to put my nand back up on the switch and update directly with nintendo and only then backing it up again and hacking? If yes, how do I save my saves, any guides please? If I use my back up is there any way that Nintendo can figure out I have moded my unit and ban me?

2. If the first situation is advisable should I continue to update my console by flashing my Nand back up back in and having a talk with nintendo? What are the advantages or disadvantages of this method when compared with ChoixDeJour?

3. In the near future - when I update - I want to run "dual boot" between Kosmos/Atmosphère and L4T (Linux) using those dongles that support more then one payload. But than, being a noob, I run into the problem of: How should I configure my SD card in this scenario? Is there anything special I should know about changing from ReiNX to Kosmos or running dual boot that could prevent confusing situations?

Thank you in advance!

BOTWXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have windowns vista so I dont get a usb connrection with my pc.
Is there anything else i could try.

with kind regards

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey, noob here trying to be less nooby with some answers.

Current Situation: I have a 6.1 switch hacked with a "moded" ReiNX. I have a NAND back up before the modding was done (6.1 too). I want to update to 8.1 so...

1. Is it possible and/or advisable to put my nand back up on the switch and update directly with nintendo and only then backing it up again and hacking? If yes, how do I save my saves, any guides please? If I use my back up is there any way that Nintendo can figure out I have moded my unit and ban me?

2. If the first situation is advisable should I continue to update my console by flashing my Nand back up back in and having a talk with nintendo? What are the advantages or disadvantages of this method when compared with ChoixDeJour?

3. In the near future - when I update - I want to run "dual boot" between Kosmos/Atmosphère and L4T (Linux) using those dongles that support more then one payload. But than, being a noob, I run into the problem of: How should I configure my SD card in this scenario? Is there anything special I should know about changing from ReiNX to Kosmos or running dual boot that could prevent confusing situations?

Thank you in advance!
1) Simply update with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to the firmware you want.
2) ChoiDujourNX is simple and you don't need an internet connection. Your method would work if your NAND backup is clean but it's a pain in ***.
3) Simply but the Kosmos files on your micro sd if you want to boot to Atmosphere.

IbnRami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) Simply update with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to the firmware you want.
2) ChoiDujourNX is simple and you don't need an internet connection. Your method would work if your NAND backup is clean but it's a pain in ***.
3) Simply but the Kosmos files on your micro sd if you want to boot to Atmosphere.

1. Understood
2. Understood, but are there any drawbacks to ChoiDujourNX. (Fuses, my last console was the SEGA MegaDrive/Genesis, so I understand absolutely nothing about fuses and am very afraid of them. :) My system is not in auto-rcm nor I want to put it in it, would that be a problem?)
3. This one I, unfortunately did'n understand.

Midoriss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Congrats, you burnt the fuses of your switch.
Don't use exFAT but FAT32 since exFAT is known for corruption issues.
To get your switch working again, simply download and put the files on your micro sd card. If that doesn't work, restore your NAND backup.
Ok, I installed the latest Kosmos release but that didn't solve the issue... I have a NAND backup, but the FW is 4.0.1. I am able to restore it?

Waip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Error code 2016-0375
Has anyone any idea what this one is ? I am getting it trying to launch a custom xci. I tried at least 3 different sources for the custom xci so I don't think it is to blame

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
1. Understood
2. Understood, but are there any drawbacks to ChoiDujourNX. (Fuses, my last console was the SEGA MegaDrive/Genesis, so I understand absolutely nothing about fuses and am very afraid of them. :) My system is not in auto-rcm nor I want to put it in it, would that be a problem?)
3. This one I, unfortunately did'n understand.
2) Fuses will be always burnt if you don't use autoRCM. Doesn't matter if you update with ChoiDujourNX or system update. Official system update will, by the way, 100% burn your fuses at next boot. ChoiDujourNX offers you the possibility to install autoRCM right after the update is finished.
Pros of ChoiDujourNX:
No internet needed.
Install autoRCM after update to save your fuses
Faster than your idea.

Pros of your idea:
None.
3) You said you wanted to switch from ReiNX to Atmosphere. Simply download the latest release from here and put the files on your micro sd.

Ok, I installed the latest Kosmos release but that didn't solve the issue... I have a NAND backup, but the FW is 4.0.1. I am able to restore it?
Restore backup. You will be fine but if you have burnt fuses you can only boot to it with custom payload (hekate).

D

Deleted User

Can a hacked switch use bluetooth headphones, or do I have to get a wired pair of headphones?

Im running SX OS

Lalapaloozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use ReiNX to get Incognito running on my Switch but every time I try to inject the payload, it'll go to the sept screen, show the ReiNX splash and either freeze, have orange-colored code on the left side and shutdown or if I use Hekate to launch the payload, it'll quickly show the ReiNX splash and then stay stuck on a black screen until I hold the power button for Switch for 12 seconds.

Atmosphere works fine for me and I've backed up my NAND and BiS keys and everything. Formatted my 128gb SD to FAT32 beforehand as well. Thought maybe my Atmosphere files were interfering with it so I wiped my SD and put only the most up-to-date ReiNX files and Incognito.nro on it. Just got this Switch yesterday and it was already on 8.0.1. Anyone know what might be going wrong?

Waip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Error code 2016-0375
Has anyone any idea what this one is ? I am getting it trying to launch a custom xci. I tried at least 3 different sources for the custom xci so I don't think it is to blame

Well if anyone gets the same error message... Backup your save file, erase it from console menu, restart the game then insert your savegame in the newly created data

Stern1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi friends. I had a Nintendo Switch last year which I had hacked and took a full NAND Back up from that. And unfortunately after sometime, I sold that switch. Now I want to buy a new switch, hack it and transfer my old saves from NAND Back up to new device and continue zelda BotW, is that possible? How can I do that? I have a 30gb rawnand. bin, But I have no idea what to do with that because I can't extract it in Windows 10. (error: Unknown format or damaged) Thanks.

Edit: I could extract rawnand.bin by NxNandManager and extracted USER and SYSTEM file. Now how can I open these files to get saves?

Last edited by Stern1991,

Zantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys i have a weird issue
I used kosmos from sdsetup.com and everything worked fine until i updated the core for the n64. The core doesnt woked anymore and crashed me back to hbmenu
So i replaced the updated core with the one from sdsetup zip and now retroarch crashed everytime before start.
So i formatted the sd card replaced everything but still most of the hb applications dont start like gold leaf, retroarch, hb appstore
EdiZon and kosmos tool box still start
even with normal atmosphere and only retroarch installed it crashed

CenB

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi. I have a 4.1.0 vulnerable Switch. I only launched Lakka for now.
I won't be able to wait until "June 15" for emunand as I need to hack my Switch now and maybe then switch to emunand, when I can.
I intend to update to 8.0.1, and later reset to a clean backup when I switch to emunand, and also to be able to downgrade to a 4.1.0 backup should I need.
1. Do I need to do a NAND backup after every update?

I can't properly start HBMenu as I don't have any game carts or apps installed, and I need to update to use eShop. Say I want to update and download YouTube from eShop for this.
2. How should I proceed?
a) Is it OK to start HOS through Hekate to not burn fuses and then update normally, then do a backup?
b) Should I update with ChoiDujourNX with AutoRCM, and then do a backup.
3. Is there anything I can do offline that can't be reversed by doing a NAND restore?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a bit more complicated than a simple disagreement. See, blawar/vertigo aka the main and only developer behind DZ (or "Tinfoil" for the less fortunate) requires ACID patches for his tool. The reason being is not for additional piracy support, you can just install everything without ACID patches both .NSP and .XCI format. He requires ACID patches so the .XCI files are installed faster. However you cannot load external FS patches such as the ACID patches through Hekate and conversely Kosmos. AtlasNX, the team behind Kosmos, won't fork Hekate to add ACID patch support as it is not necessary from a pirate's perspective. On the other hand, there are alternative CFW that either have built-in ACID patches (ReiNX/SX OS) or can read external FS patches (stock Atmosphere).

If your question is why can't everyone get along, the entire scene is like this. EdiZon actually features a warning if you load it from SX OS which is where blawar/vertigo got the inspiration to include his warning. The Switch community is split between hating and supporting TX. Even ReiNX users/supporters don't get along with people who support Atmosphere because they just call it a clone or something else derogatory without understanding what they're saying. This isn't even scratching the surface when it comes to the closed vs. open source debates. Personally, I can live without DZ since there are multiple title installers for the Switch but for others, they just gave up an entire CFW package just so they could use one measly app.
so more "moral wars":sleep: it looks like

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Joycon uses bluetooth, isnt it? Also Pro Controller do, I think...:unsure:
While those controllers use Bluetooth, you cannot just connect any Bluetooth controller to the Switch. That would require someone reworking the Bluetooth sysmodule for it to accept any Bluetooth device which no one has done so far.

Hi. I have a 4.1.0 vulnerable Switch. I only launched Lakka for now.
I won't be able to wait until "June 15" for emunand as I need to hack my Switch now and maybe then switch to emunand, when I can.
I intend to update to 8.0.1, and later reset to a clean backup when I switch to emunand, and also to be able to downgrade to a 4.1.0 backup should I need.
1. Do I need to do a NAND backup after every update?

I can't properly start HBMenu as I don't have any game carts or apps installed, and I need to update to use eShop. Say I want to update and download YouTube from eShop for this.
2. How should I proceed?
a) Is it OK to start HOS through Hekate to not burn fuses and then update normally, then do a backup?
b) Should I update with ChoiDujourNX with AutoRCM, and then do a backup.
3. Is there anything I can do offline that can't be reversed by doing a NAND restore?
  1. You don't really need to make more than one NAND dump. If you want, you can make one every time you burn a new fuse however given your current situation, you should not be burning fuses so you can downgrade back to 4.1 in the future while enjoy being on firmware 8.0.1 now
  2. Homebrew menu is opened by the Album application by default since not everyone has games installed. However if you want to use the eShop, and want to be able to downgrade back to firmware 4.1, you should backup your NAND then update without burning fuses using either ChoiDujourNX or this risky method.
  3. Nope, everything you do offline can be reversed with a NAND restore.

Reactions: JustKasto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo