Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

TeeReQs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently hacked my switch, and have a questions about game saves. Researched a ton about diving in, but didn't read too much abotu saves. I'm on Atmosphere 0.10.0, FW 9.1.0. Using sysNAND OFW and emuNAND CFW. I have physical copies of BotW, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Etc. If I dump those cartridges and install the dumps on emuNAND, will the system use the same saves between NANDs? For example, if I boot to sysNAND and play BotW, then boot to emuNAND, will the save carry over between the two? Or do I need to use EdiZon or Checkpoint to transfer between the two?

Gamemasteracs

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do I acess hbmenu out of Applet mode without pressing R on a game! For a certain reason ALL my switch games are uninstalled or needing a update, so when I try to acess HBmenu without Applet mode by pressing R , It Will force me to download the game or the update, making impossible to me to open hbmenu this way. Any other way?
I dont want to have to acess internet before installing incognito (which I trying to nstalling right now) so I would really apreciate if I would able to acess It by other means.

SedRick_M89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question. I need a quick and clean answer.....lol

installing updates do I install them all or just the newest one?
Your question doesn't make a lot of sense..

What cfw are you on and what are you updating?
The system?
or is a game prompting you to update?

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry

my question is with games, do I install all the updates available or just the most recent one. I am using SXOS

no the game is not prompting me cause I am totally offline, never been online

Last edited by tommaloney,

SedRick_M89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I acess hbmenu out of Applet mode without pressing R on a game! For a certain reason ALL my switch games are uninstalled or needing a update, so when I try to acess HBmenu without Applet mode by pressing R , It Will force me to download the game or the update, making impossible to me to open hbmenu this way. Any other way?
I dont want to have to acess internet before installing incognito (which I trying to nstalling right now) so I would really apreciate if I would able to acess It by other means.
You'll have to go through applet mode (holding R on pictures) and then install a game with the latest update i guess..
i've used hbmenu in applet mode for a lot of things and i've had no issues

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry

my question is with games, do I install all the updates available or just the most recent one. I am using SXOS

no the game is not prompting me cause I am totally offline, never been online
Just the latest one..

Gamemasteracs

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll have to go through applet mode (holding R on pictures) and then install a game with the latest update i guess..
i've used hbmenu in applet mode for a lot of things and i've had no issues

Just the latest one..

Is it safe to download It without incognito having been installed?

SedRick_M89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to download It without incognito having been installed?
are you playing online with a hacked switch?

I personally keep the switch in flight mode and install everything manually..
i don't know that your situation is because you aren't giving much details..

I'm assuming you want to download the game updates when you are prompted?..
if so i'd say no, download the update.nsp on your computer and install via tinfoil or goldleaf

what error codes tell you that your banned

2160-8056??
Hold up.. are you downloading them through the switch?

You should download the update.nsp for the game and install it through tinfoil or goldleaf..

D

Deleted User

I got a switch lite with 8.1.1 out of the box today.Are there any chances of getting cfw for it soon?

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an easy way to get the most up to date game update nsp......say for luigi's mansion 3
besides not using the switch

there's an app (can't remember the name of) that can scan your nsp folder to see what the latest update is. I don't know if it actually downloads anything though. there's also a logic to the numbering situation like update version is a multiple of 256, so you can check what you have to see how far behind you are. I'm not really sure what to do about mario and rabbids. the latest update is a long stretch of numbers.

edit: btw, the app I'm thinking of is cmd line (not a gui).

Last edited by godreborn,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently hacked my switch, and have a questions about game saves. Researched a ton about diving in, but didn't read too much abotu saves. I'm on Atmosphere 0.10.0, FW 9.1.0. Using sysNAND OFW and emuNAND CFW. I have physical copies of BotW, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Etc. If I dump those cartridges and install the dumps on emuNAND, will the system use the same saves between NANDs? For example, if I boot to sysNAND and play BotW, then boot to emuNAND, will the save carry over between the two? Or do I need to use EdiZon or Checkpoint to transfer between the two?
emuMMC is initially a copy of your sysMMC so everything including save data will be carried over. However once the initial setup is done, emuMMC and sysMMC operate independently of one another. So any new save data created in either sysMMC or emuMMC will not be carried over to the other.

I got a switch lite with 8.1.1 out of the box today.Are there any chances of getting cfw for it soon?
TX is releasing a modchip so unless you like soldering, there is no chance of a software solution for a long time.

ZeGerman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can´t upgrade my firmware from 8.1.0(exfat) to 9.1.0(exfat) with choidojournx 1.0.2. I always get an error in the last step "install": "The software was closed because an error occured" It the throws e back to the main menu of the switch.

hbmenu is 3.1.1. and atmosphere is the latest release. Not using emunand, only sysnand.

Any advice?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can´t upgrade my firmware from 8.1.0(exfat) to 9.1.0(exfat) with choidojournx 1.0.2. I always get an error in the last step "install": "The software was closed because an error occured" It the throws e back to the main menu of the switch.

hbmenu is 3.1.1. and atmosphere is the latest release. Not using emunand, only sysnand.

Any advice?
  1. Are you using fusee-primary to boot Atmosphere?
  2. Are you using title override instead of applet mode to boot the homebrew launcher?
  3. Are you using FAT32 instead of exFAT for your SD card?
These things are recommended.

Reactions: ZeGerman

Samson29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Switch with the serial XKJ70009648251 on system firmware 9.1.0.

Yes I'm aware its fully 100% patched accounting to the serial spreadsheet on some other thread but I was wondering if there is chance in the near future of a new exploit discovered on the switch's new motherboard.

If I'm forced to buy a another (used switch) should I aim to get the mini or regular one?

Samson29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Switch with the serial XKJ70009648251 on system firmware 9.1.0.

Yes I'm aware its fully 100% patched accounting to the serial spreadsheet on some other thread but I was wondering if there is chance in the near future of a new exploit discovered on the switch's new motherboard.

If I'm forced to buy a another (used switch) should I aim to get the mini or regular one?

Samson29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays