Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Aduviel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Have been using emuMMC with hekate 5.2.1 and an older atmosphere. Saw the 10.2.0 update after downloading from eShop and naively decided to update.

Back in Hekate, I try to boot the same 'clean' emuMMC (see my ini file below) and get:

Failed to apply `emummc`!

I press the vol key... Failed to launch HOS.

Thus... I decided to grab the latest atmosphere 0.14.3 (which supports 10.2.0) and the latest hekate via SDsetup. I backup my current hekate_ipl.ini; then paste/merge/replace all files from SDsetup onto my SD card.

When I boot back into Hekate 5.3.2 (atmosphere should now be 0.14.3); trying to launch the emuMMC still gets me the same error message.

Noob question #2:
Lastly, this issue is not sigpatches related is it? Sigpatches is only related to games required in "certain ways" correct?.
I only play legit games from eShop on my emuMMC.

My hekate_ipl.ini:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0
updater2p=0

[CFW - clean emuMMC]
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/RAW1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

[CFW - dirty emuMMC]
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/RAW2
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
payload=atmosphere/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

My emummc.ini:

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2690c000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Last edited by Aduviel,

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using ChoiDujourNX to update my firmware to 10.1.0 and I chose FAT32 instead of exfat. Now, when I boot using SXOS, nothing loads and my Switch is asking me to install some sort of SD card update. What do I do to fix this? I appreciate any help. Thank you!

Edit: Got it.

Last edited by MSearles,

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I feel like this is a question that's probably asked a lot, but I want to update my emuMMC running Atmosphere, and I'm not 100% certain on how.
1) Do I update Atmosphere or the switch itself first?
2) I want to update from 10.0.4 to 10.1.0, but the latest version is 10.2.0, so I can't do a normal system update. How do I approach this? And since its emuMMC, even if I wanted to go from 0.4 > 2.0, could I just do that like a normal system update? Any reason to worry about Nintendo servers or anything?

Thanks!

NoxiousNinja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I feel like this is a question that's probably asked a lot, but I want to update my emuMMC running Atmosphere, and I'm not 100% certain on how.
2) I want to update from 10.0.4 to 10.1.0, but the latest version is 10.2.0, so I can't do a normal system update. How do I approach this? And since its emuMMC, even if I wanted to go from 0.4 > 2.0, could I just do that like a normal system update? Any reason to worry about Nintendo servers or anything?

Thanks!

Update Atmosphere (and sigpatches if you use them) first. Then grab the 10.1.0 files from somewhere like Darthsternie's Firmware Archive, put them on your SD card, and run the Daybreak homebrew that comes with Atmosphere 0.14.x.

Reactions: Shawn ShyGuy

varstas

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
First of all, you didn't properly quote my response because you have thein your reply. Secondly, you mentioned you download the patches in your original post which I will highlight in bolded text.

I'm sorry. I used this link "gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/" for sigpatches. I have copied them under /atmosphere.
Is it normal that I have 4 options on launch as CFW (sysMMC), CFW (emuMMC), Stock and Fusee?

Last edited by varstas,

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there any guide for me to follow? I take it that adding the payload to the root of the SD card and holding Vol + selecting payloads and attempting to load results in a black screen. I'm also having problems booting into Hekate.

Thats good news then. I was getting worried after getting an SX Core that I'd would be stuck with SX OS.

You'll have to set Hekate as your "reboot-to-payload" option. I'm not sure how you would do that as I haven't used SX OS in over a year. I believe you would need to rename the hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin file to payload.bin and replace it in the appropriate folder before it will appear in SX OS's settings, but I might be wrong.

I'm sorry. I used this link "gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/" for sigpatches. I have copied them under /atmosphere.
Is it normal that I have 4 options on launch as CFW (sysMMC), CFW (emuMMC), Stock and Fusee?

Yes. The last one isn't there by default, but more likely that a guide you followed instructed you to edit Hekate's configs to add an extra payload to the Launch menu. My guess is that it's fusee-primary.bin. Hekate loads the secondary one by default and adding primary/defaulting to primary is a common practice. Sigpatches and some homebrew now rely on a specific Atmosphere payload, and in most cases it's best just to use fusee-primary. Make sure you're getting the correct sigpatches, too. The "fss0" ones are for Hekate, using fusee-secondary. Hope that helps.

Tinfoil appears to be shitting the bed. The website keeps giving me the error "Invalid login attempt," despite having changed my password four times, and now the app itself keeps getting stuck at 0%, until it eventually just says "FAIL." And before this, I had downloaded and installed the v1.2.1 Pokemon Sword update several times but it never changes from 1.2.0. Any ideas?

OK, fixed the website issue. Seems I had to login on my PC, it wasn't having it with Firefox on my phone (even with Desktop view on). Gonna try clearing db files on the SD card and try again with the app itself.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

thinspoxoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Like most people here, I am a complete noob to switch hacking. 1. I use sx os. A friend told me to use it, when I saved enough money I bought the license code. Before I go into more detail I need to talk about what things I have a problem with. When I was trying to use sx os after my failed attempt(read down more) on sx os I stumbled on a *certain* reddit page. I followed the steps but I didn't have enough space on my sd card. So I deleted games and everything just to get space. One thing was to dump my nand, and so I did. When I tried again I got a screen that said. Boot.dat? With a sd card. I didn't know what to do, I came on here to find a solution. I'm not sure if there is a problem with my sd card because when I went to dump my nand and I checked again my name of the sd card was different. I even dragged and dropped, extracted, but nothing seemed to work. 2. This was bought not a switch bought off something like eBay. I got it from Best Buy. 3. I use Tegra. 4. At first I tried a different tutorial. I got to the license.dat part. After that each and everytime I tried going back to the menu either Tegra would not respond or my switch would show the sx os loading screen but won't give options. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Like most people here, I am a complete noob to switch hacking. 1. I use sx os. A friend told me to use it, when I saved enough money I bought the license code. Before I go into more detail I need to talk about what things I have a problem with. When I was trying to use sx os after my failed attempt(read down more) on sx os I stumbled on a *certain* reddit page. I followed the steps but I didn't have enough space on my sd card. So I deleted games and everything just to get space. One thing was to dump my nand, and so I did. When I tried again I got a screen that said. Boot.dat? With a sd card. I didn't know what to do, I came on here to find a solution. I'm not sure if there is a problem with my sd card because when I went to dump my nand and I checked again my name of the sd card was different. I even dragged and dropped, extracted, but nothing seemed to work. 2. This was bought not a switch bought off something like eBay. I got it from Best Buy. 3. I use Tegra. 4. At first I tried a different tutorial. I got to the license.dat part. After that each and everytime I tried going back to the menu either Tegra would not respond or my switch would show the sx os loading screen but won't give options. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Whoa, ok, slow down for a second there.

So from what I gather.... you are using TegraRcmSmash (or the GUI) to load SX OS, rather than a dongle? And it sounds like your SD card possibly could have been corrupted at some point. And I'm fairly certain that your boot.dat is missing from the card as well.

So here's my suggestion:
DROP SX OS. You will only have issues with it going forward. If you have access to Atmosphere, I recommend switching to that.

Back up your folders from the SD card, if necessary. Or at least back up your saves. I would recommend Checkpoint or EdiZon for this but both do not play well with SX OS. Tinfoil may suffice in this case. I dunno. Ymmv. Hence my previous suggestion.

Format your SD card and start fresh. Either download a package from SDSetup for Switch or grab the required files from their respective repositories (links are further down that page, hover over each option to see it). The "recommended" is a good start if you just want to get things up and running. Copy the files in the "SD" folder to your microSD, then proceed.

Launch Hekate via your preferred entry point. You mentioned "Tegra," most likely mean TegraRcmGUI (or TegraRcmSmash) so launch "hekate_ctcaer_5.3.3.bin" from that.

From Hekate, you'll want to make a backup of your NAND if you hadn't already (sounds like you had some difficulty doing so the first time). The full thing is roughly 29.2 GB, but don't worry if your card isn't large enough. It will actually split the backup up and pause when it hits the storage cap, to allow you to transfer the files to your PC before continuing. This will take some time. Be sure your console is plugged in! The process for this is as follows:
Navigate to Tools > Backup eMMC > eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1. Wait til it confirms the backup.
Now, navigate to Tools > Backup eMMC > eMMC RAW GPP.

If you choose, you can reboot into RCM and send Lockpick_RCM to the console, to backup your keys. This saves as "keys.prod" in the switch folder on the SD card.

Be sure to copy those files (in the backups folder on your SD card) somewhere safe, and keep multiple backups, if possible. By that I mean the NAND and the keys!

Now you can load up Atmosphere and mess around with homebrew! From Hekate, tap "Launch" and go from there!

You can setup AutoRCM from Hekate's tools menu) as well once you're satisfied that everything is working as intended. Be sure to grab the latest sigpatches, too.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Have been using emuMMC with hekate 5.2.1 and an older atmosphere. Saw the 10.2.0 update after downloading from eShop and naively decided to update.

Back in Hekate, I try to boot the same 'clean' emuMMC (see my ini file below) and get:

Failed to apply `emummc`!

I press the vol key... Failed to launch HOS.

Thus... I decided to grab the latest atmosphere 0.14.3 (which supports 10.2.0) and the latest hekate via SDsetup. I backup my current hekate_ipl.ini; then paste/merge/replace all files from SDsetup onto my SD card.

When I boot back into Hekate 5.3.2 (atmosphere should now be 0.14.3); trying to launch the emuMMC still gets me the same error message.

Noob question #2:
Lastly, this issue is not sigpatches related is it? Sigpatches is only related to games required in "certain ways" correct?.
I only play legit games from eShop on my emuMMC.

My hekate_ipl.ini:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0
updater2p=0

[CFW - clean emuMMC]
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/RAW1

[CFW - dirty emuMMC]
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/RAW2
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
payload=atmosphere/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

My emummc.ini:

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2690c000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo
You are correct in that it is not a patches issue but a Hekate issue. Hekate does not support the latest firmware of 10.2

Thanks!
  1. Technically the order doesn't matter but its better to update the CFW first because if you update the firmware first, there is a big chance that your current CFW will not support it. However updating the CFW first will almost always ensure you will retain CFW support because CFW supports all past firmware versions
  2. You can use either the homebrew application Daybreak or ChoiDujourNX. If you choose to update online, be wary that you risk a ban by doing so

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You are correct in that it is not a patches issue but a Hekate issue. Hekate does not support the latest firmware of 10.2

Well, it does now. 5.3.3 was released this morning just a few hours after Atmosphere was updated. ~11 am PST, at least.
But in regards to that, I choose to wait on updating until homebrew catches up or at least is confirmed working. No real reason to jump to 10.2.0, is there? Don't think any recent releases require it (not even SM3D All-Stars, which I heard requires 9.2.0, oddly enough)

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i cant figure this out...

Had windows 8.1 on my laptop...

Tegragui worked fine. Was able to inject payloads hack my switch use goldleaf ect.

Upgraded to win10. Everything stopped working. Pc never saw a usb device. Updated drivers still no go. I did manage to figure it out. Got it working... then decided to do a full hdd format and clean install of win10.

Now im back to cant get my autorcm enabled switch to be recognized. I think a reddit post had the fix but cant find it

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok i cant figure this out...

Had windows 8.1 on my laptop...

Tegragui worked fine. Was able to inject payloads hack my switch use goldleaf ect.

Upgraded to win10. Everything stopped working. Pc never saw a usb device. Updated drivers still no go. I did manage to figure it out. Got it working... then decided to do a full hdd format and clean install of win10.

Now im back to cant get my autorcm enabled switch to be recognized. I think a reddit post had the fix but cant find it

Drivers installed again?

m0mij1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You'll have to set Hekate as your "reboot-to-payload" option. I'm not sure how you would do that as I haven't used SX OS in over a year. I believe you would need to rename the hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin file to payload.bin and replace it in the appropriate folder before it will appear in SX OS's settings, but I might be wrong.

This doesn't seem to work sadly. I get a black screen no matter what attempt I do to run a payload.

Really can't find any chainloading documentation anywhere. There's an option within SX OS Vol + but nothing starts.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't seem to work sadly. I get a black screen no matter what attempt I do to run a payload.

Really can't find any chainloading documentation anywhere. There's an option within SX OS Vol + but nothing starts.

I have the same issue, there's not a lot of documentation, period, regarding SX and its features, code, implementation, etc. There are posts in various threads regarding this chainloading method, but it really only seems to make sense to other owners of SX Core or Lite.

thinspoxoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, ok, slow down for a second there.

So from what I gather.... you are using TegraRcmSmash (or the GUI) to load SX OS, rather than a dongle? And it sounds like your SD card possibly could have been corrupted at some point. And I'm fairly certain that your boot.dat is missing from the card as well.

So here's my suggestion:
DROP SX OS. You will only have issues with it going forward. If you have access to Atmosphere, I recommend switching to that.

Back up your folders from the SD card, if necessary. Or at least back up your saves. I would recommend Checkpoint or EdiZon for this but both do not play well with SX OS. Tinfoil may suffice in this case. I dunno. Ymmv. Hence my previous suggestion.

Format your SD card and start fresh. Either download a package from SDSetup for Switch or grab the required files from their respective repositories (links are further down that page, hover over each option to see it). The "recommended" is a good start if you just want to get things up and running. Copy the files in the "SD" folder to your microSD, then proceed.

Launch Hekate via your preferred entry point. You mentioned "Tegra," most likely mean TegraRcmGUI (or TegraRcmSmash) so launch "hekate_ctcaer_5.3.3.bin" from that.

From Hekate, you'll want to make a backup of your NAND if you hadn't already (sounds like you had some difficulty doing so the first time). The full thing is roughly 29.2 GB, but don't worry if your card isn't large enough. It will actually split the backup up and pause when it hits the storage cap, to allow you to transfer the files to your PC before continuing. This will take some time. Be sure your console is plugged in! The process for this is as follows:
Navigate to Tools > Backup eMMC > eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1. Wait til it confirms the backup.
Now, navigate to Tools > Backup eMMC > eMMC RAW GPP.

If you choose, you can reboot into RCM and send Lockpick_RCM to the console, to backup your keys. This saves as "keys.prod" in the switch folder on the SD card.

Be sure to copy those files (in the backups folder on your SD card) somewhere safe, and keep multiple backups, if possible. By that I mean the NAND and the keys!

Now you can load up Atmosphere and mess around with homebrew! From Hekate, tap "Launch" and go from there!

You can setup AutoRCM from Hekate's tools menu) as well once you're satisfied that everything is working as intended. Be sure to grab the latest sigpatches, too.
Thank you very much! I seen that you're a very much help on this thread. You're amazing, again thank you!

m0mij1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the same issue, there's not a lot of documentation, period, regarding SX and its features, code, implementation, etc. There are posts in various threads regarding this chainloading method, but it really only seems to make sense to other owners of SX Core or Lite.
So by that, I can't get into Atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it does now. 5.3.3 was released this morning just a few hours after Atmosphere was updated. ~11 am PST, at least.
But in regards to that, I choose to wait on updating until homebrew catches up or at least is confirmed working. No real reason to jump to 10.2.0, is there? Don't think any recent releases require it (not even SM3D All-Stars, which I heard requires 9.2.0, oddly enough)
I don't believe anything requires 10.2. I think even the grace period for online hasn't expired for lower firmware versions.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

sir_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey there,

wanted to dump games from hgb shop with my new switch sx lite mod. already got the my keys with lockpick. problem ist nxdumptool says my keys are not right. also it says i should use lockpick rcm, which i know i shouldnt use atm.

is there any way to get the prod.keys which will be needed for nxdumptools?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to to get both - AutoRCM & Tinfoil USB install to work?
After enabling AutoRCM the Tinfoil USB installation doesn't work anymore. Always getting a "failed to enable ds" error after starting tinfoil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...