Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not quite sure if this is the right place for it please let me know or move if necessasary.

so i recently bought a switch witch cfw already on it and a rcm loader included. which was what i was looking for since i don´t know much about this. and when i casuallly looked at hacking a switch i found the whole process really confusing with google searches making me even more confused and often turning up contradictory advice. hence the pre hacked switch from ebay. the card is full with all kinds of stuff i´d say it´s littered with programs mostly also duplicates of tools. but no games
so i downloaded some games. starting sxos with the rcm loader was easy enough. but of the 20 games i tried only 2 of them worked. 15 said they were damaged and needed redownloading and only 2 actually made sense with their error message since they said something about updating the firmware. i´ve used hacked psps and vitas before so this made sense but of course i knew i couldn´t just update normally since this would destroy the hack. but when looking this up people said it´s not a problem as long as your cfw supports the firmware but other people said pretty much the opposite.
i´ve already updated sxos to the newest firmware (3.05) which should support the latest ofw 10.2.00
i already got the firmware but i´m hesitant to use it. the guide here says something about using ChoiDujour for that which happens to be already on the card but it also says to give it permission to write to bis (whatever that is) by placing a flag in my athmosphere folder so does this only work with atmosphere and not with sxos?
or can i just ignore this on sxos?
it also says somethign about auto rcm and ipatched consoles so what is a ipatched console? it clearly isn´t a patched console since those can´t be hacked i thought.
other guides talk about updating my emunand or sysnand or both with hekate no idea what that is or why that matters is this a hekate thing that can be ignored on sxos?
so do i need hekate or atmosphere or both for that?. other guides also strongly advice to back up my nand(s) / emummc before that by reading out the keys. which keys? and why does it matter?
With a paragraph like this, its hard to determine what are your questions and what is your backstory. Unless you specifically outline what you need help with, I recommend starting fresh with this guide

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, it is about serials but you can still hack the console if it is fw between 1.0.0-4.1.0 independent from the serial. Unpatched ones (ones you look with serial) doesn't need to be in a specific fw, it is hackable in any fw.
So there's no real differences between the 2 models except the battery duration,and that 2017 model with fw 4.1.0 that can be soft modded, right?(because im a bit more interested in 2019 version for better battery)
For the rest they share the same "rules" (based on serials and if patched or not)

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
So there's no real differences between the 2 models except the battery duration,and that 2017 model with fw 4.1.0 that can be soft modded, right?(because im a bit more interested in 2019 version for better battery)
For the rest they share the same "rules" (based on serials and if patched or not)
Check here.

Reactions: Corpus99x

jjudd17

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
When I connect my switch to a 1080p monitor the resolution seems like 720p on automatic resolution setting. I can manually set resolution only to 480p. Is there any way to set the resolution to 1080p in atmosphere via config or homebrew?

Corpus99x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I ended up buying a switch found out it was banned when I tried to connect to eShop.

The system NAND was restored when I received it. I want to run CFW on it (it is an unpatched switch).

My question: is it worth setting up the Emummc for emuNAND and partitioning the SD card to run CFW or could I just run CFW via sysNAND as it is banned already.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone, I ended up buying a switch found out it was banned when I tried to connect to eShop.

The system NAND was restored when I received it. I want to run CFW on it (it is an unpatched switch).

My question: is it worth setting up the Emummc for emuNAND and partitioning the SD card to run CFW or could I just run CFW via sysNAND as it is banned already.
I would recommend you to set up emuMMC since it's only use isn't just for not getting banned. If you mess up something and this happens on your SysNAND you can permanently damage your switch (You can restore a backup in most cases but we are talking about worst-case scenarios.) but if this happens on EmuMMC nothing (if it's not hardware-based) gets affected on your SysMMC.

Last edited by GCS,

Corpus99x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would recommend you to set up emuMMC since it's only use isn't just for not getting banned. If you mess up something and this happens on your SysNAND you can permanently damage your switch (You can restore a backup in most cases but we are talking about worst-case scenarios.) but if this happens on EmuMMC nothing gets affected on your SysMMC.

Many Thanks GCS

Reactions: GCS

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
i know that guide, but still a bit confused. Which model do you have?
Another question: if i want Lakka other than normal emuMMC, as that guide said: https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/windows
i have to do a extra partition?
If I say my model it can make the situation even more confusing.
To make emuMMC, go to Hekate and click on EmuMMC and create one as Hidden partition from there. You don't need to do those.

MODELS THAT ARE HACKABLE (WITHOUT MODCHIP):

All Switches that have a firmware between 4.1 and 1.0.
Switches that are "Unpatched". It can be checked from this site if it is patched or not.

Last edited by GCS,

Corpus99x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am familiar with intalling/running NSP and XCI files on CFW but can NSZ files be installed, ideally via SD card?

If not is there a simple way to convert NSZ to NSP?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I say my model it can make the situation even more confusing.
To make emuMMC, go to Hekate and click on EmuMMC and create one as Hidden partition from there. You don't need to do those.

MODELS THAT ARE HACKABLE (WITHOUT MODCHIP):

All Switches that have a firmware between 4.1 and 1.0.
Switches that are "Unpatched". It can be checked from this site if it is patched or not.
I just meant if you have 2017 or 2019 version?
So with Hekate we dont need anymore those danger steps for emuMMC? That's sound good

Reactions: GCS

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the Sigpatches from the pinned threads also work if Atmosphere is launched with fusee-primary.bin?
No they do not.

I am familiar with intalling/running NSP and XCI files on CFW but can NSZ files be installed, ideally via SD card?

If not is there a simple way to convert NSZ to NSP?
NSZ files are installed the same way as NSP files. The only title installer that does not support NSZ files however is Goldleaf. But Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer so it is a non-issue.

can someone give me lasted atmosphere that you use. I try format disk myself but it won't work
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34