Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

setti

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, is it possible to transfer emunand files from a broken switch' sd card backup to a new switch? Or extract the game files from *.nca files at least?

Thanks in advance.

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Switch CFW newbie alert so please be gentle; also not sure why GBATemp didn't recognise my email address (it's been a while since my last post - way back in the days of hacking the Wii U) but I was definitely signed up years ago) ... anyway ...

So I have an unpatched Switch - does this mean the the current version of official firmware it is running is irrelevant ? Or would people recommend no updating anyway ?

I am have read through the guide and followed a few videos on YouTube, in preparation for hacking my console and getting it to boot into Atmosphere but am confused as to what point you the sigpatches come into play. Can you someone point in me in the direction to what step I am missing ?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi all,

Switch CFW newbie alert so please be gentle; also not sure why GBATemp didn't recognise my email address (it's been a while since my last post - way back in the days of hacking the Wii U) but I was definitely signed up years ago) ... anyway ...

So I have an unpatched Switch - does this mean the the current version of official firmware it is running is irrelevant ? Or would people recommend no updating anyway ?

I am have read through the guide and followed a few videos on YouTube, in preparation for hacking my console and getting it to boot into Atmosphere but am confused as to what point you the sigpatches come into play. Can you someone point in me in the direction to what step I am missing ?
- The firmware version doesn't matter.
- Sigpatches in basic needed for you to play backup copies of games.
- Don't forget to create a backup of your SysNAND and create an EmuNAND :)

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- The firmware version doesn't matter.

OK

Sigpatches in basic needed for you to play backup copies of games

Ah, OK. So they don't actually get used until the XCI/NSP file is installed (by Tinfoil) or played, yes ?

- Don't forget to create a backup of your SysNAND and create an EmuNAND :)

Of course. Quick question on that - you back up the SysNAND before doing anything and then install games into the EmuNAND, yes ? So how much disk space does the SD card need for games and the EmuNAND ?

Also, after installing an XCI/NSP file can that file then be removed from the SD card ?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
OK

Ah, OK. So they don't actually get used until the XCI/NSP file is installed (by Tinfoil) or played, yes ?

Of course. Quick question on that - you back up the SysNAND before doing anything and then install games into the EmuNAND, yes ? So how much disk space does the SD card need for games and the EmuNAND ?

Also, after installing an XCI/NSP file can that file then be removed from the SD card ?
- Yes, you just need it for backups.
- Yes, you should backup the SysNAND while it's clean. You need approx. 30 GB.
- Firstly, even if you install a game on the EmuNAND micro sd card, it doesn't affect SysNAND. Games on EmuNAND stays in there. And if I come to your question; You can simply remove them from system settings in emuNAND (Save Data stays there).

Reactions: smudgester

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- Yes, you just need it for backups.
- Yes, you should backup the SysNAND while it's clean. You need approx. 30 GB.
- Firstly, even if you install a game on the EmuNAND micro sd card, it doesn't affect SysNAND. Games on EmuNAND stays in there. And if I come to your question; You can simply remove them from system settings in emuNAND (Save Data stays there).

I know you can uninstall the game from the emuNAND but presumably, after it has been installed, you can remove the XCI/NSP from the FAT32 partition as well ?

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Next stupid question ... if I enable autorcm and inject the fusee-primary payload then the Switch will always boot in Atmosphere without the need for a jig (other than the initial setup), right ?

And, once you enable autorcm and reboot can you disable it again (by injecting hetake rather than fusee-primary) ?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Next stupid question ... if I enable autorcm and inject the fusee-primary payload then the Switch will always boot in Atmosphere without the need for a jig (other than the initial setup), right ?

And, once you enable autorcm and reboot can you disable it again (by injecting hetake rather than fusee-primary) ?
When you enable AutoRCM you will still need to inject a payload on every boot, but you won't need the jig. I would recommend you to inject the Hekate payload.
Afaik you can disable it from the options menu in Hekate.

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you enable AutoRCM you will still need to inject a payload on every boot, but you won't need the jig. I would recommend you to inject the Hekate payload.
Afaik you can disable it from the options menu in Hekate.

Thanks.

Though technically it is possible then - by using an rcm loader dongle - to set it up so that the Switch boots automatically into Atmosphere and to revert the changes so that it boots into stock firmware ?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks.

Though technically it is possible then - by using an rcm loader dongle - to set it up so that the Switch boots automatically into Atmosphere and to revert the changes so that it boots into stock firmware ?
I believe you can boot to stock fw from Hekate menu too

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL - Switch has just arrived and I had forgotten how small it was.

Thought the tin foil method was going to be easy - having second thoughts now :rofl:

Reactions: GCS

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So this is all i need to do jig and payload for Switch, right? Is this good?
Pournei RCM Loader, Switch Dongle NS SX OS RCM NS connettore accorciato + Injector JIG-Kits per NS Switch RCM Loader NS
https://www.amazon.it/Pournei-conne...XY0Q6D8PPAX&psc=1&refRID=DM8V3BGZRXY0Q6D8PPAX

AND
about microSD, i guess all of these are good, but which one give better performance for Switch? (I suppose U3 is better than Class 10)

SanDisk Ultra Scheda di Memoria MicroSDXC e Adattatore, con A1 App Performance, Velocità Fino a 100 MB/Sec, Classe 10, U1, Single Pack, 512 GB, Rosso/Grigio
https://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Adattatore-Performance-Velocità/dp/B07SC7BZHR/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=sandisk+ultra&qid=1604752019&s=pc&sr=1-1&th=1

Samsung Memorie MB-ME256HA Evo Select Scheda MicroSD da 256 GB, UHS-I U3, Fino a 100 MB/s, Adattatore SD Incluso
https://www.amazon.it/Samsung-Memorie-MB-ME256HA-MicroSD-Adattatore/dp/B085FGBBQT/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=samsung+evo+select&qid=1604752179&s=pc&sr=1-1&th=1

SanDisk 400GB Extreme microSDXC Scheda di Memoria microSDXC da 400 GB e Adattatore SD con App Performance A2 e Rescue Pro Deluxe, fino a 160 MB/sec, Classe 10, UHS-I, U3, V30
https://www.amazon.it/Sandisk-Extre...FCQRN9K/ref=psdc_473577031_t3_B073JY5T7T?th=1

SanDisk Ultra Scheda di Memoria MicroSDXC e Adattatore, con A1 App Performance, Velocità Fino a 100 MB/Sec, Classe 10, U1, Single Pack, 400 GB
https://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Adattatore-Performance-Velocità/dp/B074RNRM2B/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=SUZB59C3DPUZ&dchild=1&keywords=400+gb+micro+sd&qid=1603917620&sprefix=400+GB,aps,186&sr=8-5

Samsung EVO Plus 2020-256 GB - MicroSDXC, classe 10, UHS-I, 100 MB/s, 90 MB/s
https://www.amazon.it/Samsung-EVO-Plus-2020-256-MicroSDXC/dp/B08B5CT1TP/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=256+GB&qid=1603658148&sr=8-5

Last edited by Lord M,

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know once the Switch Lite is soft modded it's going to be my go to gaming device. With all the possibilities of playing emulators and even installing Steam and possibly another operating system in the future who knows what holds in store for this small but powerful device. I have really grown fond of the feel of the plastic and analog sticks. The original phat Nintendo Switch is bulky and the d pad buttons are hard and feel like it was designed on a tight budget by a third party company in Hong Kong. The only flaws the Nintendo Switch Lite has is I think there could be a thin flap to protect the screen whenever not playing, and I think HD Rumble could easily be implemented in a future design.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know once the Switch Lite is soft modded it's going to be my go to gaming device. With all the possibilities of playing emulators and even installing Steam and possibly another operating system in the future who knows what holds in store for this small but powerful device. I have really grown fond of the feel of the plastic and analog sticks. The original phat Nintendo Switch is bulky and the d pad buttons are hard and feel like it was designed on a tight budget by a third party company in Hong Kong. The only flaws the Nintendo Switch Lite has is I think there could be a thin flap to protect the screen whenever not playing, and I think HD Rumble could easily be implemented in a future design.
HD rumble was removed to help save battery in the lite lol

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another stupid question from me ...

So I follow the guide, from the FAQ, all the way down to the end of the "Create an emuMMC" section. At this point my Switch will be running Atmostphere in emuNAND, right ? When it then comes to using Tinfoil/Goldleaf [ is there a preferred tool these days BTW if I am using both XCI and NSP files ? ] am I the telling it install to SD card or NAND ?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Another stupid question from me ...

So I follow the guide, from the FAQ, all the way down to the end of the "Create an emuMMC" section. At this point my Switch will be running Atmostphere in emuNAND, right ? When it then comes to using Tinfoil/Goldleaf [ is there a preferred tool these days BTW if I am using both XCI and NSP files ? ] am I the telling it install to SD card or NAND ?
Yes, you will be running Atmosphere EmuNAND.
I would recommend Awoo Installer and Tinfoil.

Reactions: smudgester

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i only do that in the mornings