Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

KaizoKage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have this NAND backup from 2018 which is the time when I first started using SXOS, is that still usable or should I create a new one?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have this NAND backup from 2018 which is the time when I first started using SXOS, is that still usable or should I create a new one?
Unpatched consoles can run any firmware because the exploit allows us to bypass the fuse check if that is what you are worried about. Adding onto that, as long as you know the backup is a verified dump from Hekate, then it should present no issues. Just be mindful that even if you can run any firmware on unpatched consoles, you should still enable AutoRCM to ensure that the fuse check is bypassed if the firmware you are restoring is lower than your fuse count. Otherwise you will not be able to boot the console without manually entering RCM first which will be harder to do since booting a console with a firmware lower than the fuse count results in a black screen similar to RCM.

KaizoKage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unpatched consoles can run any firmware because the exploit allows us to bypass the fuse check if that is what you are worried about. Adding onto that, as long as you know the backup is a verified dump from Hekate, then it should present no issues. Just be mindful that even if you can run any firmware on unpatched consoles, you should still enable AutoRCM to ensure that the fuse check is bypassed if the firmware you are restoring is lower than your fuse count. Otherwise you will not be able to boot the console without manually entering RCM first which will be harder to do since booting a console with a firmware lower than the fuse count results in a black screen similar to RCM.

OH! Thanks for the infos!! after reading your message, I just search online on how to check burnt fuses. Hekate stated that "Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6) 6 - 0 (HOS: 5.0.0 - 5.1.0)" so it has 6 burnt fuses, right? I also cross referenced the date of my NAND backup to FW 5.0.0 - 5.1.0 release date, and it matches :D

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH! Thanks for the infos!! after reading your message, I just search online on how to check burnt fuses. Hekate stated that "Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6) 6 - 0 (HOS: 5.0.0 - 5.1.0)" so it has 6 burnt fuses, right? I also cross referenced the date of my NAND backup to FW 5.0.0 - 5.1.0 release date, and it matches :D
I believe you can also check the firmware with NxNAND Manager.

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oops, forgot to pull out the LAN cable off the dock and the Switch downloaded the latest firmware.
It did not update, but I'd like to get rid of the nag.
I know you can do it by going into Maintenance Mode.
But how can I do access Maintenance Mode on a Switch with AutoRCM on and Hekate?

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick questions I haven't installed any mods yet:

Can I still play games from a retail cartridge after installing atmosphere?
Do I need to use the RCM jig and inject a payload every time I want to use my switch?
I have some Pokemon DLC which I bought, can I still play that?
Are new game releases compatible with CFW?

Cheers!

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
> Can I still play games from a retail cartridge after installing atmosphere?

Yes.
However, The switch and the game cartridge reader have separate updates. I believe with the switch version 7.0.0 is where they updated the cartridge reader. so, for example, if your System NAND is version 1.0.0 and you want to use EmuNAND and upgrade using atmosphere+daybreak to latest (11.0.1) then it will not. If you upgrade the cartridge reader to work on v11.0.1 emuNAND then it will not read on your system NAND.

If your system and emu NAND are the same version then it doesn't matter.

> Do I need to use the RCM jig and inject a payload every time I want to use my switch?

Yes. You need a RCM Jig and something to inject the payload. The jig in the right joycon rail is to get you into recovery mode and the payload injector is to get you into custom software.

You can use "autoRCM" which will corrupt the boot of the system dropping you into RCM Mode every time you boot. This is pretty safe but you'll still need something to inject the payload. I have an RCMLoader off ebay.

> I have some Pokemon DLC which I bought, can I still play that?

Yes.

> Are new game releases compatible with CFW?

Yes. you'll have to find them outside of Nintendo because you cannot shouldn't connect to nintendo servers after you mod your system.

Last edited by LoseSilent,

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
> Can I still play games from a retail cartridge after installing atmosphere?

Yes.
However, The switch and the game cartridge reader have separate updates. I believe with the switch version 7.0.0 is where they updated the cartridge reader. so, for example, if your System NAND is version 1.0.0 and you want to use EmuNAND and upgrade using atmosphere+daybreak to latest (11.0.1) then it will not. If you upgrade the cartridge reader to work on v11.0.1 emuNAND then it will not read on your system NAND.

If your system and emu NAND are the same version then it doesn't matter.

> Do I need to use the RCM jig and inject a payload every time I want to use my switch?

Yes. You need a RCM Jig and something to inject the payload. The jig in the right joycon rail is to get you into recovery mode and the payload injector is to get you into custom software.

You can use "autoRCM" which will corrupt the boot of the system dropping you into RCM Mode every time you boot. This is pretty safe but you'll still need something to inject the payload. I have an RCMLoader off ebay.

> I have some Pokemon DLC which I bought, can I still play that?

Yes.

> Are new game releases compatible with CFW?

Yes. you'll have to find them outside of Nintendo because you cannot connect to nintendo servers after you mod your system.

Nice thanks for the info!
My switch is on OFW 10.2, I'm a bit confused, would you play retail cartridges (if you wanted to) on the system nand or on emunand?

So just confirm, you can't connected to Nintendo's servers after modding, even if you just boot into the system nand?

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice thanks for the info!
My switch is on OFW 10.2, I'm a bit confused, would you play retail cartridges (if you wanted to) on the system nand or on emunand?

So just confirm, you can't connected to Nintendo's servers after modding, even if you just boot into the system nand?

You can play real retail cartridges on both systemnand and emunand. The point I wanted to make is that the game cartridge reader need to work on the switch version your on.

I a bit of a noob myself but Lets say game cartridge reader version 1 works on switch versions 1.0.0 to 7.0.0 and game cartridge reader version 2 works on 7.0.0 to 11.0.1. You will need to match these versions to play retail cartridges.

an example, my switch version is 2.0.0 and game cartridge reader is version 1. I can use retail cartridges in my systemNand because they're compatible.

my emuNAND is version 11.0.1 but it only works with game cartridge reader version 2, because I'm on version 1 I cant play retail cartridges in emuNAND.

Currently you can not downgrade the game cartridge reader so you're stuck where ever it is.

It's risky to connect a modded switch to the internet. if you keep a clean sysnand and do all your modding on an emuNand you should be safe to connect the system nand to the internet.... From what I've read no one here knows why nintendo bans consoles so its up to you and your risk tolerance.

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
You can play real retail cartridges on both systemnand and emunand. The point I wanted to make is that the game cartridge reader need to work on the switch version your on.

I a bit of a noob myself but Lets say game cartridge reader version 1 works on switch versions 1.0.0 to 7.0.0 and game cartridge reader version 2 works on 7.0.0 to 11.0.1. You will need to match these versions to play retail cartridges.

an example, my switch version is 2.0.0 and game cartridge reader is version 1. I can use retail cartridges in my systemNand because they're compatible.

my emuNAND is version 11.0.1 but it only works with game cartridge reader version 2, because I'm on version 1 I cant play retail cartridges in emuNAND.

Currently you can not downgrade the game cartridge reader so you're stuck where ever it is.

It's risky to connect a modded switch to the internet. if you keep a clean sysnand and do all your modding on an emuNand you should be safe to connect the system nand to the internet.... From what I've read no one here knows why nintendo bans consoles so its up to you and your risk tolerance.

I see that makes sense, should be alright as my firmware is already above 7.
Not to worry I very rarely use the switch online services anyway, just wondered what the options were. Thank you.

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see that makes sense, should be alright as my firmware is already above 7.
Not to worry I very rarely use the switch online services anyway, just wondered what the options were. Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure if its version 7 or not, that's something you'll need to double check. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine though.

I'm keeping my system at 2.0.0 forever so I'll never upgrade the GC reader. Because of that I don't follow it very closely.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure if its version 7 or not, that's something you'll need to double check. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine though.

I'm keeping my system at 2.0.0 forever so I'll never upgrade the GC reader. Because of that I don't follow it very closely.
I believe its 4.0.0, 9.0.0, 11.0.0 and 12.0.0 that changed fuses

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe its 4.0.0, 9.0.0, 11.0.0 and 12.0.0 that changed fuses

that's just the system fuses, eh? does the game cart reader get upgrades on these versions also?

in Atmosphère 0.9.4 I see:

• Please note: 9.0.0 updated the switch's gamecart controller ("lotus") firmware.
    • To prevent the burning of lotus fuses, Atmosphere now applies nogc patches when booting into 9.0.0 with fuses below 9.0.0.
    • If you wish to play gamecarts on 9.0.0 (but forever prevent yourself from playing them on < 9.0.0), set nogc = 0 in BCT.ini.

So I guess the answer to my question is its version 9.0, not 7

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's just the system fuses, eh? does the game cart reader get upgrades on these versions also?

in Atmosphère 0.9.4 I see:

• Please note: 9.0.0 updated the switch's gamecart controller ("lotus") firmware.
    • To prevent the burning of lotus fuses, Atmosphere now applies nogc patches when booting into 9.0.0 with fuses below 9.0.0.
    • If you wish to play gamecarts on 9.0.0 (but forever prevent yourself from playing them on < 9.0.0), set nogc = 0 in BCT.ini.

So I guess the answer to my question is its version 9.0, not 7

What he is referring to is firmware update that updated the cartridge slot firmware aka lotus firmware.

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What he is referring to is firmware update that updated the cartridge slot firmware aka lotus firmware.

Yup, I understand and it's what I was talking about above with Trace_hunter. I thought it was version 7.0 that the lotus firmware was upgraded. However, I was wrong, its version 9.

I think Ibcap was confused and moved the conversation to the system fuses.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I understand and it's what I was talking about above with Trace_hunter. I thought it was version 7.0 that the lotus firmware was upgraded. However, I was wrong, its version 9.

I think Ibcap was confused and moved the conversation to the system fuses.

He is correct, Im not sure about 12.0.0 has a lotus firmware or not, but the first three he listed are correct.

Reactions: LoseSilent

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, forgot to pull out the LAN cable off the dock and the Switch downloaded the latest firmware.
It did not update, but I'd like to get rid of the nag.
I know you can do it by going into Maintenance Mode.
But how can I do access Maintenance Mode on a Switch with AutoRCM on and Hekate?
You hold the volume + and - buttons when booting either CFW or OFW from Hekate.

Reactions: DrDoctor

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidently updated my sysnand just now. Went to go boot up animal crossing and just kept pressing a not realizing a new update was out. Once i realized what happened i went to check everything.

Seems like my autorcm has been disabled however i can still boot into my emummc and android via hekate so everything seems to be working with that.

I can no longer boot into horizon via hekate which im sure is because hekate is not updated yet.

Because my autorcm has been disabled and my sysnand is now on 12.0 is there a way to reenable autorcm? And is there any danger of ban that my sysnand updated to 12.0 and disabled autorcm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la