Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got to get a RCM JIG as im not using a paper clip .ps is there any other way to check to see if CFW can be run on it ?
The only way to check to see if your console is unpatched or not is by trying to hack it. The other method is only a guestimation which you alreay tried which is checking the serial number.

R3DRE111AVER

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only way to check to see if your console is unpatched or not is by trying to hack it. The other method is only a guestimation which you alreay tried which is checking the serial number.
ok thanks for the info ill order a rcm jig then try that guide

Last edited by R3DRE111AVER,

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello again guys. Following my yesterday questions, i sat down to check out this SD card of mine.

I want to ask you fellas, How can i backup my emuNAND? considering my situation, is it worth trying or i should just copy my save files and wipe it out entirely?
I found NxNandManager, will that do the trick?

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So interesting story about my situation. Around the time that my console started crashing, i remembered I was attempting to move things from my sd card via ftpd. In hindsight, i was super stupid to try moving multiple big files via ftpd instead of just taking out the sd card. Anyways, During that i got an error twice, and it's possible that the sd card could have been corrupted. upon investigating the error code i got when on ofw again, i was able to determine that one of the mentioned causes was sd card corruption, which had me like "ok..."

then i remembered: atmosphere is primarily run off the sd card. that would explain why that was crashing more than me running a game saved to the sd card.

Long story short, I reformatted my sd card entirely and put the fresh atmosphere/hekate files on it.
I am waiting to see if i still have the same issues but i'm certainly still using reverseNX for miitopia either way because it makes a lot of the game's content run 100% better lol.

Lol nvm it just crashed again!
i'm pretty much assuming something's busted now.
2101-0001 is the error code i'm constantly getting (even with atmos) and i can tell that much now.

Last edited by Lavaimp,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again guys. Following my yesterday questions, i sat down to check out this SD card of mine.

I want to ask you fellas, How can i backup my emuNAND? considering my situation, is it worth trying or i should just copy my save files and wipe it out entirely?
I found NxNandManager, will that do the trick?
Anything is worth trying. Here are the tools I use to do so:
  • NXNANDManagerBackup or restore any Switch's NAND plus a lot more
  • EMUTool — Move Copy Backup and Restore your emunand
If you can get a clean backup/restore it will save you some time.

If yiu can’t, just get what you can and move forward. Game saves are reallynthe only unique data. Everything else can be reaccomplished with a little bit of download time.

h2testw — a good test to determine if your SD Card is good or not.
FAT32 GUI Formatter — Format large cards/drives with FAT32
Rufus — Another tool to format large cards/drives with FAT32

Reactions: GravityLoL

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So interesting story about my situation. Around the time that my console started crashing, i remembered I was attempting to move things from my sd card via ftpd. In hindsight, i was super stupid to try moving multiple big files via ftpd instead of just taking out the sd card. Anyways, During that i got an error twice, and it's possible that the sd card could have been corrupted. upon investigating the error code i got when on ofw again, i was able to determine that one of the mentioned causes was sd card corruption, which had me like "ok..."

then i remembered: atmosphere is primarily run off the sd card. that would explain why that was crashing more than me running a game saved to the sd card.

Long story short, I reformatted my sd card entirely and put the fresh atmosphere/hekate files on it.
I am waiting to see if i still have the same issues but i'm certainly still using reverseNX for miitopia either way because it makes a lot of the game's content run 100% better lol.

Lol nvm it just crashed again!
i'm pretty much assuming something's busted now.
2101-0001 is the error code i'm constantly getting (even with atmos) and i can tell that much now.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22624/~/error-code:-2101-0001

Highly recommend you call a local repair shop and get an estimate.

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If yiu can’t, just get what you can and move forward. Game saves are reallynthe only unique data. Everything else can be reaccomplished with a little bit of download time.

Okay, time to work on it.
Another question - should i plug in SD card directly into PC or should i plug it in via Hekate?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, time to work on it.
Another question - should i plug in SD card directly into PC or should i plug it in via Hekate?

Start with PC. Hekate will work as well but the fewer moving parts you have while troubleshooting the better.

Reactions: GravityLoL

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

tried to ruin h2testw, says it can't fully test my card beacuse there are two partitions on it.
for now, backing it up with HDD Raw copy tool

Reactions: binkinator

SuperAndromeda

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I'm a amateur programmer but completely new to modding in general, and I had in mind a project but I don't know where to start. It basically consists of a mod with automatized IA tournaments of Smash Bros Ultimate. The idea is to make the game able to create the matches by its own with parameters (selection of characters and hopefully amiibos with spirits) from a script and then report back the result of the matches. Any tips on how to tackle this is very welcome!

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Dumb question of the week. Would it be safe to download my main profile to my hacked switch and using the PKHex save editor. I was planning on transferring my save file from the non-hacked switch to the hacked switch then editing it then transferring back. Is it safe to download my profile on the stock switch mode on atmosphere?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question of the week. Would it be safe to download my main profile to my hacked switch and using the PKHex save editor. I was planning on transferring my save file from the non-hacked switch to the hacked switch then editing it then transferring back. Is it safe to download my profile on the stock switch mode on atmosphere?

Each of the individual activities are fine, in and of themselves.

1) download profile from main to hacked switch (clean Sysnand running CFW)- OK
2) use PKHex on transferred profile on hacked switch - OK
3) transferring tweaked profile back to clean switch - OK
4) having hacked Switch onnoine with clean Sysnand + Atmosphere (CFW) - OK
5) doing all of the above with a profile that’s 2 days old and now has illegal trades and maxed out everything - NOT OK

It all depends on what’s going to tip off the folks watching for cheating.

We have ideas on what triggers the Ninty ninjas based on anecdotal evidence of other people getting banned. It’s not perfect but it’s the best we have.

Here’s a good place to start:

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I'm a amateur programmer but completely new to modding in general, and I had in mind a project but I don't know where to start. It basically consists of a mod with automatized IA tournaments of Smash Bros Ultimate. The idea is to make the game able to create the matches by its own with parameters (selection of characters and hopefully amiibos with spirits) from a script and then report back the result of the matches. Any tips on how to tackle this is very welcome!

Let me start by saying that I would not consider myself a Dev. I just hack other people’s stuff to suit my needs. Not sure I even meet the minimum requirements to respond but taking a shot anyway.

it’s also hard to tell where you’re at on your journey so this will be either too much or insulting with a 1% chance of being what you’re looking for.

You should probably start by:

1) Get a firm grasp on the topics posted on https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page.
2) Build out a dev environment using the software from the DevkitPro guys. https://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started
3) Compile and deploy other’s work on your own switch.
4) reverse engineering some of the current homebrew that’s already close to what you want to develop. Maybe start with figuring out how the components of ldn_mitm work together. https://github.com/spacemeowx2/ldn_mitm or maybe start with a smaller one and build up?
5) join a few of the discord channels where the Devs hang out and watch/learn how they do things.
6) fix bugs for other teams until you develop some chops.

e: get familiar with a UI framework like Plutonium or Borealis

Anyone else have ideas to add?

Last edited by binkinator,

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a steam deck and a little doohicky so I can put my Switch in recovery mode and mod it. With the goal being to rip my Switch stuff and move it to the steam deck. But before I go through all of that I wanted to ask a quick question.. is the data on the Switch's sd card already in a format I can use? Or do I have to mod my Switch first?

My biggest worry about modding my Switch is losing access to the nintendo store where I've bought a bunch of games already

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a steam deck and a little doohicky so I can put my Switch in recovery mode and mod it. With the goal being to rip my Switch stuff and move it to the steam deck. But before I go through all of that I wanted to ask a quick question.. is the data on the Switch's sd card already in a format I can use? Or do I have to mod my Switch first?

My biggest worry about modding my Switch is losing access to the nintendo store where I've bought a bunch of games already

modding lead to a ban eventually, you need to mod the unit to access save data and to dump games etc.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modding lead to a ban eventually, you need to mod the unit to access save data and to dump games etc.
Can data from a modded switch be migrated to a new Switch? (I remember with my DS when I got a new one it had an option to transfer everything from the old one to the new one--does the Switch do that? and if so, can it be done from a modded Switch to a new one?)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can data from a modded switch be migrated to a new Switch? (I remember with my DS when I got a new one it had an option to transfer everything from the old one to the new one--does the Switch do that? and if so, can it be done from a modded Switch to a new one?)

Games have to be redownload, as for save data you can get banned for editing your save, they do system ban not really account ban, unless you do chargeback then they will ban your account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!