• Replies 793
  • Likes 32

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I understand. Really appreciate your contributions to the community. I hope I didn't sound demanding when I asked for it. English isn't my first language. Thanks!
no, it's okay
and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

Reactions: jelbo

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Do modified memory timings and frequency apply to the OFW too or just to the CFW?
CFW only. since oc suite needs atmosphere loader to patch pcv and ptm. I don't know how booting stock from hekate entry(not OFW) works, so can't say for sure about that one.

Reactions: AlicatFit

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
CFW only. since oc suite needs atmosphere loader to patch pcv and ptm. I don't know how booting stock from hekate entry(not OFW) works, so can't say for sure about that one.
Thank you.What's the difference between emc dvb table shift one step vs two and does it have any noticeable impact on power consumption?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thank you.What's the difference between emc dvb table shift one step vs two and does it have any noticeable impact on power consumption?
each step adds 25mV to SoC voltage. about power consumption i don't think so, but hadn't actually measured

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
no, it's okay
and suggestions and ideas are always welcome
Hi. I actually took your advice and built myself one where I can get GPU clocks up to 768 even at handheld mode. My curiousity just couldn't take not trying it. It seemed to work fine for my use case. Thanks for the tip. I suppose if my Switch suddenly dies I can't say I wasn't warned. Haha.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
does cpu underclock make significant difference in regards to the power consumption?
I'm not expert on switch or Tegra SoC, so i can't answer. but you can try measuring yourself if it makes a difference.

for CPU, it seems that dvfs table are just reference and not actual voltages used. and final voltages are stored in 32 cl-dvfs registers?
CPU uv 0 uses normal table and uv1 uses slt table (slt is used in nvidia dev board)

edit: sorry misread and thought you were asking about cpu undervolt. for cpu clock, yeah of course lower clock uses lower power, but how much power saved will depend on load, and clock and circumstances

Last edited by meha,

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i can't say safe or not. i can only say official lpddr4x volt range is up to 1175. (absolute max is 1.4 or 1.5 can't remember)
btw reason why oc suite needs high volt is because oc suite ram timing adjustment is not proper. but i'm figuring things out so hopefully it gets better
Any update on its way?😁

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
does cpu underclock make significant difference in regards to the power consumption?
Some games need more GPU than CPU like The Witcher 3 by example : you can downclock CPU at 621 Mhz + overclock GPU to 844 Mhz and still maintain an acceptable fan noise (here it`s only -5.7W power consumption)

As i am very sensitive to fan noise, i am always trying to contain fan speed at 30% max if possible

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Any update on its way?😁
i've been busy recently, and still couldn't buy new console for development (i bricked existing one while doing upgrade myself for 8GB module support), so it should take some time maybe in August. but there will be future updates as long as i own switch. (which will prolly be until Switch 2 becomes hackable)

For example, 998 GPU for erista(real 998) is already implemented. just didn't push to github

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i've been busy recently, and still couldn't buy new console for development (i bricked existing one while doing upgrade myself for 8GB module support), so it should take some time maybe in August. but there will be future updates as long as i own switch. (which will prolly be until Switch 2 becomes hackable)

For example, 998 GPU for erista(real 998) is already implemented. just didn't push to github
Imagine if the 8gb module would've worked that would be a crazy boost the switch would get, for anyone that doesn't know the developer studios have access to 6 and 8 GB units so somehow it should work.You mentioned lack of proper ram timing adjustment that's why I asked,in my situation after fiddling around I would be able to reach a higher frequency if I were to pass the 1250 voltage on memory😄 Current one is stable at 1250 (micron) and I had to up from 1175 to 1250 to get running 💯.

Last edited by AlicatFit,

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me out? I tried installing this on my OLED but it black screens whenever I try loading emunand

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

This is my hekate.ipl and it works if I remove the loader.kip

RadoMiami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: does changing the GPU voltage table on Erista actually do anything? I've been trying to undervolt the GPU to cut down on power usage when going to 921 docked, but I don't know if my tests are working because the undervolt is stable, or if it's because the undervolt isn't actually being put into effect.

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can anyone help me out? I tried installing this on my OLED but it black screens whenever I try loading emunand

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

This is my hekate.ipl and it works if I remove the loader.kip
Maybe your atmosphere is too
old or something is wrong with your kip.

Quick question: does changing the GPU voltage table on Erista actually do anything? I've been trying to undervolt the GPU to cut down on power usage when going to 921 docked, but I don't know if my tests are working because the undervolt is stable, or if it's because the undervolt isn't actually being put into effect.

It's only for mariko

Reactions: RadoMiami

VivreDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is it okay just to leave it UV3 on GPU, without any edit on default Loader.kip?
The power drawn is significantly lower than UV2.

and does anyone have a good starting point on RAM OC for Micron MT:E to be able to reach 2400 on Mariko?
Thanks before.

Reactions: cucholix

renA21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@meha any chance for an update that allows higher Vdd2 voltage maybe acceptable range unlocked up to 1350mV for Mariko?
You do realize that you’ve already gone past the official vdd2 range and that going any higher would have a higher risk of your RAM to malfunction and get diminishing returns in terms of power consumption? Raising voltages is not the primary variable to improving performance—proper timings are. As meha mentioned before, the timing adjustments in oc suite are not proper yet. Until that is done, you can improve performance further without the need of raising voltages a lot.

For instance, in L4T my RAM can run up to 2500MHz stable without any voltage adjustments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1