Hacking Uncapped version of sys-clk-manager of OC suite?

jnl1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,

I hope this topic is not forbidden in some way, I am not sure what is going on in the background of the 4FIR issue and this is slightly touching this topic as far as I know.
I tried out the OC suite which gives you in an easy way maximum ram frequencies, but what I am missing is going higher than 460 MHz GPU in handheld mode without charger.
I know without charger you damage your switch and so on, but I have used the uncapped version of sys-clk for years now and so far my switch (V1) is not showing (knock on wood) any sign of damage.

So long story short: can someone build an uncapped version of the sys-clk-manager.nro which was included in the OC suite so that I can use the RAM frequencies higher than 1600 MHz and slightly higher GPU frequencies than 460 MHz?

Again, if this topic is somehow forbidden I am sorry and it can be closed again, but I thought I try my luck :)

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Well the cap is there for good reason, and if you want to change it then you will have to change code yourself.
It's not part of sys-clk overlay. you have to change code in sysmodule and build.

well if you are really desperate, pm me

Last edited by meha,

Azuuuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well the cap is there for good reason, and if you want to change it then you will have to change code yourself.
It's not part of sys-clk overlay. you have to change code in sysmodule and build.

well if you are really desperate, pm me
Hello! Actually, I also want a sys-clk-manager.nro that is compatible with the Switch-OC-Suite project. I don't want to use Tesla or other plugins on my Switch because they can reduce the chances of system crashes. It would be great if there is a sys-clk-manager.nro that matches Switch-OC-Suite because I don't know how to program and can't implement it myself. I appreciate hanai3Bi's Switch-OC-Suite project for allowing me to play TotK at a stable 30 frames.

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello! Actually, I also want a sys-clk-manager.nro that is compatible with the Switch-OC-Suite project. I don't want to use Tesla or other plugins on my Switch because they can reduce the chances of system crashes. It would be great if there is a sys-clk-manager.nro that matches Switch-OC-Suite because I don't know how to program and can't implement it myself. I appreciate hanai3Bi's Switch-OC-Suite project for allowing me to play TotK at a stable 30 frames.
well sorry, but no plans to support manager nro homebrew. first to port all functionality, i have to do from scratch and too much work and i don't want to do something that's not necessary for me.
second, i don't know if it's possible to implement all the functionality with nro. and gui library(libborealis) which sys-clk uses is very outdated and there might be bugs.

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: Azuuuma

Azuuuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
well sorry, but no plans to support manager nro homebrew. first to port all functionality, i have to do from scratch and too much work and i don't want to do something that's not necessary for me.
second, i don't know if it's possible to implement all the functionality with nro. and gui library(libborealis) which sys-clk uses is very outdated and there might be bugs.
I can only give up on this idea for now. Thank you for your efforts.

Azuuuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
just use overlays. I use overlays for years now and the crashes are really seldom.
Using overlays alone indeed reduces crashes significantly. I have found a sys-clk-manager.nro shared by a Chinese player that is specifically designed for frequencies between 1963-998-1996 or above. However, it can only be used for their specific project. I attempted to use the manager.nro with OC-Suite, but encountered an error that prevented its functionality. This project is currently based on Atmosphere 1.5.3. You can find more information about the project at this address: https://maizer.pw/index.php/archives/109/ (Chinese language).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: What matters now is that he's doing alright.