Status
Not open for further replies.

supertaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I could understand after researching for a while looking for a way to unbrick my switch is that there is a new issue when updating to 17.0, apparently when you reset a switch trying to clean the NAND not everything gets erased, a single ncm save file with number 120 or whatever gets stored in the sysnand and that breaks the system when updating, what the .kip file that I sent does is erase that save file and it lets the system finally boot, for it to delete the file you must boot to Atmosphere in sysnand, it seems you keep booting to your emummc, that means the .kip file cleans your emummc but the sysnand stays the same, you need to disable the Emummc temporarily, launch fusee.bin into your sysnand with the .kip file inside a newly created "kips" folder in the atmosphere folder, then when you boot turn the console off fast if you are worried of a ban and delete the .kip file from the folder
Everything should go back to normal after this, and you should not get banned doing this
Its crazy but this means that a lot of reselled switches that used to have cfw and then the seller "cleaned" the nand to resell it like new are now bricked, so you can expect to find new switches in the second hand market from people that dont understand why their normal vainilla switch no longer boots
Post automatically merged:

If you havent try disabling emummc in Hekate and then launching the fusee.bin directly
That did the magic!

From what I read on the reswitched discord, this only seems to happen to switches that ran unofficial cleanup/factory reset tools at some point.
This can even happen, if that reset had been done years ago by a previous owner, and will only manifest now, because of a change nintendo did in this update.
OMG i cleaned the switch once because i was installing games on the sysnand and i wanted to delete every trace.

Reactions: Alan11780

Chakaravity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit ironic you hack your switch to repair a Nintendo issue isnt it? X3
What exactly did you do? When I turn my switch on it shows the Nintendo logo for 2 seconds then black screens

Bit ironic you hack your switch to repair a Nintendo issue isnt it? X3
What did you do exactly? When I boot up my switch it shows the Nintendo logo for 2 seconds then black screens

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What exactly did you do? When I turn my switch on it shows the Nintendo logo for 2 seconds then black screens

What did you do exactly? When I boot up my switch it shows the Nintendo logo for 2 seconds then black screens
YOU MUST BOOT SYSNAND! SYSTEM CFW THAT IS ON ALL THESE STEPS! NOT EMUNAND!

1) First try this method - https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-wont-boot-after-system-update.641081/post-10269002

2) If that didn't work, try this - https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-wont-boot-after-system-update.641081/post-10266785

3) If not, try these steps - https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/unbrick/

QuQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From SciresM Twitter:

"So, this issue where updating to 17.0.0 can brick units which have wiped emmc in the past. It's more common than I'd hoped.

I'll be updating atmosphere to automatically fix it after-the-fact (without users needing to follow multiple steps), in addition to the when-happening fix."

"I also think I'll write a (short(?)) (blog)post about it.

There's a lot of confusion that I'd like to clear up for people, especially because it hits people who purchased no-longer-hacked consoles which were unfortunately "wiped" to remove cfw in the past."

"Hopefully dealing with this can be made as brainless as possible. Really feel bad for all the people hit by this, but the good news is I think I can make fixing it as easy as "boot atmosphere once"."

nobita86

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i solve the problem with the fix that sciresm made and the new release of ams (pre-release 1.6.1) solve the problem when you enter to sysnand with ams... thxs for the support

Reactions: QuQ

QuQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short according to SciresM, if you have been affected by the 17.0.0 OFW update brick you will need to wait for Atmosphere 1.6.1 (or higher) for an automatic fix after booting it on sysMMC on your Switch. You can attempt the fix with Atmosphere 1.6.1 Pre-release.

Last edited by QuQ,

Darkxkay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
well it's from THE best Switch hackers. So I say it's pretty much the solution.

So for you, if you got a unpatched v1 Switch. You need to make a homemade jig (or buy one) and enter RCM mode. Send via your PC the Tegra Explorer software. Then follow the steps.

That didn't work you need to do a emmc rebuild or a system wipe.
thank you my switch it's working perfectly

marcocspc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A little update on this. For the last few days I was trying to recover my save files via a backup-restore mixture (trying to figure out which partition from the 17corruption should I mix among those on my clean backup in order to just boot and take back my saves using JKSV). I was about o try NxNandManager to manually extract those saves from the corrupted emmc backup when I stumbled upon this post from SciresM. In conclusion, booting atmosphere 1.6.1 pre-release in the 17corruption emmc just did the trick. Worked like magic and right now I already backed up all my saves and I'm also doing a backup of the emmc working after atmosphere fix.

My love for the open source community just increases once these things happen. Thank you team atmosphere!

SamZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont know if some one post this but i can enter in to ofw with "lock pick rcm" if you get in select the option reboot to ofw that work for me sorry about my english

psdofshlxcn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My second hand switch encounter the 17.0.0 ofw issue but I had no cfw or hekate installed when I get it. It is bricked now and if I did not misunderstand SciresM's solution, I can just install hekate with rcm and reboot it with ofw, and everything will be corrected automatically, right?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My second hand switch encounter the 17.0.0 ofw issue but I had no cfw or hekate installed when I get it. It is bricked now and if I did not misunderstand SciresM's solution, I can just install hekate with rcm and reboot it with ofw, and everything will be corrected automatically, right?
You need to boot with Atmosphere. If you don't have cfw setup currently (no emummc) then you don't need to use Hekate. Just boot Atmosphere with ther fusee.bin payload in RCM

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

psdofshlxcn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You need to boot with Atmosphere. If you don't have cfw setup currently (no emummc) then you don't need to use Hekate. Just boot Atmosphere with ther fusee.bin payload in RCM
I dont think it has atmosphere, or modded either. My sdcard shows only one Nintendo folder, and I have made backup. Should I use a new sdcard with all the atmosphere, bootloader folders and fusee.bin file in it, and boot it right up to atmosphere with rcm? Is it possible to get the Nintendo folder data back to work after the atmosphere boot?

EchoStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to do this because I once cleaned the switch, can confirm it did get stock back up and running, nothing else worked.

QuQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it has atmosphere, or modded either. My sdcard shows only one Nintendo folder, and I have made backup. Should I use a new sdcard with all the atmosphere, bootloader folders and fusee.bin file in it, and boot it right up to atmosphere with rcm? Is it possible to get the Nintendo folder data back to work after the atmosphere boot?
The Nintendo folder should be ok, after making a copy of it on the PC I left it alone on the SD card. I used the same SD card with the Nintendo folder inside to unbrick.

Reactions: psdofshlxcn

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Just use the same SD card. Booting Atmosphere won't harm your Nintendo folder. After when you are able to boot normally again you might want to remove Atmosphere from the SD card if you don't want to use it.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just would like to add my experience because it might help someone else, I updated my sysMMC to 17.0 and then my emuMMC, which still on 16.1.0, started showing the error "failed to match warm boot with fuses”. So I updated Hekate to 6.0.7 and Atmosphere to 1.6.1, booted custom firmware sysMMC once, it gave me the error:

"A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere.
Program ID: 0100000000000bd00
Error Desc: std::abort( ) called (0xffe)

Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_00000002a5b5042.bin
Press POWER to reboot"

Then I pressed POWER, it rebooted to Hekate, I chose emuMMC and the error about fuses went away.

Guilula

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I updated my switch to the latest FW. It won't boot past the nintendo logo. I took out the cardridge and the sd card. I tried to boot up to recovery mode (it doesn't work). I let the update install via LAN-Cable. I did nothing else.

I disconnected the battery and pressed the power button to remove any electrical from the device.

But I can safely boot atmosphere.

Can someone help me? Dont know what to do now

-edit-

My Fix:

Before you're doing anything, start to backup your Nand!

If you have a Nand past FW 17.0.0, you can restore it via Hekate. After that, you can update it again.
But if you have a Nand backup with Rawnand but without Boot0/1, you have to create the Boot0/1 using EmmcHaccGen and your prod.keys (Lockpick_RCM.bin -> Sysnand).

on EmmcHaccGen.Gui you put your prod.keys in the first selection and the other the FW Location of your Nand Backup (using Darthsternie's site to download the FW)

Prod.Keys

Firmware Folder (for example 16.1.0)

let exfat support enabled, disable AutoRCM, disable Generate Mariko Firmware if you have Erista.

Press Generate.

This should create a Folder named NX-16.1.0_exFAT

There you pick the Boot0.bin and the Boot1.bin and move them to "backup/NandID/restore" (where your Rawnand should be). You have to delete the ".bin" extension from Boot0 and Boot1.

After that, you start your switch using the Hekate Payload, Navigate to Tools > Restore eMMC, select Restore eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1. There should be a warning coming about the Boot0 and Boot1 files. Press that you want to restore it. Then, you select eMMC RAW GPP to restore your Nand. After that, you can start your switch normally.

I updated my switch after that again to FW17 and its working now. But you can stay lower than FW17 if you want
I have the same problem, but I don't have a nand backup, is it possible to restore my nand?

Hello guys, I updated my switch to the latest FW. It won't boot past the nintendo logo. I took out the cardridge and the sd card. I tried to boot up to recovery mode (it doesn't work). I let the update install via LAN-Cable. I did nothing else.

I disconnected the battery and pressed the power button to remove any electrical from the device.

-edit-

My Fix:

If you have a Nand past FW 17.0.0, you can restore it via Hekate. After that, you can update it again.
But if you have a Nand backup with Rawnand but without Boot0/1, you have to create the Boot0/1 using EmmcHaccGen and your prod.keys (Lockpick_RCM.bin -> Sysnand).

on EmmcHaccGen.Gui you put your prod.keys in the first selection and the other the FW Location of your Nand Backup (using Darthsternie's site to download the FW)

Prod.Keys

let exfat support enabled, disable AutoRCM, disable Generate Mariko Firmware if you have Erista.

Press Generate.

There you pick the Boot0.bin and the Boot1.bin and move them to "backup/NandID/restore" (where your Rawnand should be). You have to delete the ".bin" extension from Boot0 and Boot1.

After that, you start your switch using the Hekate Payload, Navigate to Tools > Restore eMMC, select Restore eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1. There should be a warning coming about the Boot0 and Boot1 files. Press that you want to restore it. Then, you select eMMC RAW GPP to restore your Nand. After that, you can start your switch normally.

I updated my switch after that again to FW17 and its working now. But you can stay lower than FW17 if you want

-edit-

My Fix:

Prod.Keys

Press Generate.

-edit-

My Fix:

Prod.Keys

Press Generate.

I have the same problem, but I don't have a nand backup, is it possible to restore my nand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto