Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I told you, I already answered. I don't like repeating, even more when it's offtopic.
You even quoted both my answers.

Please now, let's stop derailing this thread and post about the (two) projects and translation progress.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I told you, I already answered. I don't like repeating, even more when it's offtopic.
You even quoted both my answers.

Please now, let's stop derailing this thread and post about the (two) projects and translation progress.

Ok then, if everything is ok i will upload the patch from ex, on this post ! Here it comes:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you followed the post you quoted from me, then you know how to make a patch which is NOT half the game size.
then if it's only few MB, you can post it (or post them, because you need multiple patches)

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
if you followed the post you quoted from me, then you know how to make a patch which is NOT half the game size.
then if it's only few MB, you can post it (or post them, because you need multiple patches)

I don't know how to make a patch that small.

The patch is 600mb using decrypted iso.

How do you want it to be ?

What do you want me to do then ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://gbatemp.net/threads/sword-art-online-infinity-moment-psp.342727/page-63#post-5134339

You need to :
- decrypt all encrypted files (install.dat, eboot.bin, etc.)
- translate and insert translated text
- create a patch based on the decrypted untranslated files
- provide the patches : they will be small, few MB as it's based both on decrypted version + decrypted version patched. Only the differences will be inside the patch = only the data created by the team
- Provide a method/tutorial to decryp eboot.bin/install.dat (probably a homebrew the user will have to run on his PSP)
- provide a method/tutorial/automatic script to patch all the decrypted eboot.bin, install.dat and other files if you prefer a batch instead of letting the user patch the files one by one manually with xDelta or PPF. (you know UMDGen allows PPF file patching on the fly?)
- user will have to rebuild the ISO with umdgen.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
http://gbatemp.net/threads/sword-art-online-infinity-moment-psp.342727/page-63#post-5134339

You need to :
- decrypt all encrypted files (install.dat, eboot.bin, etc.)
- translate and insert translated text
- create a patch based on the decrypted untranslated files
- provide the patches : they will be small, few MB as it's based both on decrypted version + decrypted version patched. Only the differences will be inside the patch = only the data created by the team
- Provide a method/tutorial to decryp eboot.bin/install.dat (probably a homebrew the user will have to run on his PSP)
- provide a method/tutorial/automatic scrips to patch all the decrypt eboot.bin, install.dat other files to patch if you prefer a batch instead of letting the user patch the files one by one with xDelta or PPF
- user will have to rebuild the ISO with umdgen.

Thanks for nothing.

The patch won't be made public ;)

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What.

Dude, seriously.
He answered both questions and gave you a step by step guide.

I don't give a flying fuck about ethics or piracy, the rules state that sharing ISOs is forbidden and Cyan told you how to share the patch.

You either share it how you're supposed to or you don't share it. Stop wasting everybody's time.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if there's an easier method, I'm all for it too.
maybe ROM hackers have better idea how to patch an encrypted ISO without a 600MB patch.

Like Stormyu said, he does it first for himself. other people enjoying his work is a bonus. If there's no easy way to distribute it then users will have to go through the hard way to patch the game. it's not always a one click solutions, and if that's the steps to follow, then you'll understand that waiting for a proper/completed patch is better to prevent you the need to do the patching process multiple times.
Just let the team work on it at its pace, it will be released when/if completed. There are a lot of other games to play.

JCAP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but you know how it is sometimes. We want to play something so much that it can be frustrating that we have no way to play it properly. Sometimes we can't help it but think "Hurry up you lazy good for nothing translators!" I know that this thought is unfair, they have no obligation to make it and we have no right to demand anything, but still, that selfish thought exists. (and unfortunately, some people don't know basic manners and make demands of the groups instead of asking properly... I don't envy the translators place...)

And... Wow, luckymouse is either the rudest person on earth or a very good troll. Either way, I would be pissed off if I was Cyan.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina

Can you patch the encrypted ISO, with a patch made from decrypted version + decrypted version patched?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if there's an easier method, I'm all for it too.
maybe ROM hackers have better idea how to patch an encrypted ISO without a 600MB patch.

The easy way would be using my methode:

- download patch 1.01
- decrypt PDATA.EDAT + PBOOT.BIN
- place all translated files inside PDATA.EDAT
- make a xdelta patch of translated, decrypted PBOOT.BIN
- share PDATA.EDAT + PBOOT.BIN.xdelta + nploader.prx compressed via 7z

The result will be a ~2 MB patch (without translated videos).
Using this way, you only provide the patched files and it works with any encrypted untouched iso or even the real umd.

Official Patch 1.01 link:
https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/NPJH50701/NPJH50701-ver.xml

notes:
- you need a real psp + PSPCipher to decrypt PBOOT.BIN
- I only tested this on real hardware, not emulator.
- It may not work on emulator if they are not emulating the psp patch system.
- It's pointless to create a xdelta from PDATA.EDAT.
- It's also pointless to create a PPF/xdelta from the decrypted iso, since the translated file is entirely different from the original, the patch would contain almost the entire iso file.

Reactions: Hargrun

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
- provide the patches : they will be small, few MB as it's based both on decrypted version + decrypted version patched. Only the differences will be inside the patch =

Can you patch the encrypted ISO, with a patch made from decrypted version + decrypted version patched?
Can the patch be applied on a encrypted data, if you made a patch using decrypted data?

- you need a real psp + PSPCipher to decrypt PBOOT.BIN
- It's also pointless to create a PPF/xdelta from the decrypted iso, since the translated file is entirely different from the original, the patch would contain almost the entire iso file.

That's what i though, but i don't have a real PSP to download the update.

So, can anyone tell me how to proper patch a PSP ISO ?

And... Wow, luckymouse is either the rudest person on earth or a very good troll. Either way, I would be pissed off if I was Cyan.

I am sorry Cyan, if I offended you. It wasn't my intention to be rude or anything here.
I was angry the way some people threated a guy, who only wanted to help other people, he release his work and what he gets? So i registered only to help him to release a proper patch.
I will try to do the things right so the patch can be released.

Sorry again Cyan, I am really sorry if this made feel you angry, pissed, or anything.

Reactions: Muhammad Syafiq

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to give my thoughts on that (also because Falo just said something really useful that no one cared)
The "trick" to use the update is quite good, it contains most of the stuff that needs to be translated.

What you could do to give a real small patch is: Make a program that will decrypt the iso / patch the decrypted iso => done.
You don't need to ask other people to decrypt their INSTALL.DAT because most people won't bother and you would be asked a thousand times because they will fail somewhere.
If you can automatize everything using a simple program it's easier for everyone.
Also, xdelta can be called from the windows.cmd so it's not like it's the hardest task ever.

There's lots of "private" patcher out there. Tales of Phantasia Psx from Gemini is one of them (just an example btw I can't really think of any atm, I think FFT0 has one too but I don't remember)
If you can't make one of them, I don't even know how you even started a translation. That said, quit asking questions about how to do it, think of a way to do it.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Just to give my thoughts on that (also because Falo just said something really useful that no one cared)
The "trick" to use the update is quite good, it contains most of the stuff that needs to be translated.

What you could do to give a real small patch is: Make a program that will decrypt the iso / patch the decrypted iso => done.
You don't need to ask other people to decrypt their INSTALL.DAT because most people won't bother and you would be asked a thousand times because they will fail somewhere.
If you can automatize everything using a simple program it's easier for everyone.
Also, xdelta can be called from the windows.cmd so it's not like it's the hardest task ever.

There's lots of "private" patcher out there. Tales of Phantasia Psx from Gemini is one of them (just an example btw I can't really think of any atm, I think FFT0 has one too but I don't remember)
If you can't make one of them, I don't even know how you even started a translation. That said, quit asking questions about how to do it, think of a way to do it.

Good ideas, i will keep those in mind haha.

But no one answer these question:

Can the patch be applied on a encrypted data, if you made a patch using decrypted data?

I know what i have to do, i don't need help on that, just someone who can answer these two questions.

Thanks StorMyu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Falo and Stormyu.
Making a program to decrypt the ISO without using the PSP would be even easier for the end user. I don't know if it's possible, all decrypters I saw are homebrew.

I don't know what PDATA.EDAT contains (I didn't check that game's content), but if your patch is 2MB that's fine I guess.

Luckymouse :
You can't apply a patch on a different data than the one you used to "compare" the versions to create the patch.
a patch is the difference between two files.

123456789 <- original decrypted
120450789 <- patched version (decrypted)

The patch contains instruction like this "replace 3rd position with 0, replace 6th position with 0". (note: the patch is small : only 2 characters to replace)

if the encrypted file is :
Agv58Dhfr <-- encrypted original

Then you can't apply the patch, because it will replace 3rd and 6th position with "0" :
Ag0580hfr <-- encrypted patch applied

and the game will not work anymore because the encrypted data will be corrupted and can't be decrypted anymore by the console.

If you create a patch by comparing the encrypted version with the decrypted version :
Agv58Dhfr <- encrypted
120450789 <- decrypted + patched
Then the patch will contains instruction like this : "replace 1st to 9th position with 120450789" (note: the patch is big : it contains 9 characters to replace instead of only 2, that's why you ended with a 600MB patch)
Patch created this way contains original ISO data too (12, 45, 789) while it could contains only the "modified by the translation team" data.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
You can't apply a patch on a different data than the one you used to "compare" the versions to create the patch.
a patch is the difference between two files.

123456789 <- original decrypted
120450789 <- patched version (decrypted)

The patch contains instruction like this "replace 3rd position with 0, replace 6th position with 0". (note: the patch is small : only 2 characters to replace)

if the encrypted file is :
Agv58Dhfr <-- encrypted original

Then you can't apply the patch, because it will replace 3rd and 6th position with "0" :
Ag0580hfr <-- encrypted patch applied

and the game will not work anymore because the encrypted data will be corrupted and can't be decrypted anymore by the console.

If you create a patch by comparing the encrypted version with the decrypted version :
Agv58Dhfr <- encrypted
120450789 <- decrypted + patched
Then the patch will contains instruction like this : "replace 1st to 9th position with 120450789" (note: the patch is big : it contains 9 characters to replace instead of only 2, that's why you ended with a 600MB patch)
Patch created this way contains original ISO data too (12, 45, 789) while it could contains only the "modified by the translation team" data.

Thanks Cyan for your answer. It is all i need to know :bow:

So to make a sucessful patch:
1- Decrypt ISO from client.
2- Apply the patch to that ISO (Patch = Decrypted ISO+Decrypted ISO patched)
3- ???
4- Profit!

But the problem here is:
What i have to decrypt on the Client's ISO? Only Install.dat that I have already decrypted or anything that my ISO has decrypted?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All the files you had to decrypt to edit them, then the user will have to decrypt them too before applying the patch to obtain the same edited file.
You don't need to decrypt files you don't change. But if I understood correctly, most data to translate are in eboot.bin and install.dat, which both are encrypted.
or install the update and work on pdata.edat and pboot.bin like Falo said.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
All the files you had to decrypt to edit them, then the user will have to decrypt them too before applying the patch to obtain the same edited file.
You don't need to decrypt files you don't change. But if I understood correctly, most data to translate are in eboot.bin and install.dat, which both are encrypted.
or install the update and work on pdata.edat and pboot.bin like Falo said.

Thanks Cyan, I am really grateful with your help :yaysp: .

I will do my best to keep that patch size small ;)

JCAP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That went well. I am proud of you both (Cyan & luckymouse0). You guys talked it through in the end.

Decide wether to play the game or not ? i never said "DON'T PLAY IT!"

You were saying it was a crap game. I said you should let us decide that.
No one here is expecting a GOTY quality game, but from the little I played, I can safely say I played games a lot worse than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol