Hacking Question SX OS 2.2 BETA HDD Not allowing me to load games! HELP

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Then it has to be a bad drive
So we all have bad drives that work perfectly fine for everything else? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sarcasm aside, I think some drives don't work. But that just happens to be every self powered drive I own. Only thumb drives work for me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SublimeJhn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it has to be a bad drive

My drive is most certainly not bad. It works perfectly on every computer I've tried it on and it's been rock solid. I can toss all the XCI files I want onto it with no problems, the switch just won't read them. I think it's a little more likely that the beta version of what is basically piracy software running on a console that isn't designed to use external hard drives are more to blame than a perfectly functioning hard drive (or multiple hard drives from multiple people). But that's just me

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Might be a dumb question, did you set it to mbr and not gpt?
Yea bro under 3tb all drives are mbr anyway. Sorry to hijack your thread Op but pretty sure you're in the same boat as me and tried and looked at everything.

Only other thing I can think of is the sdfiles somehow are messing with it. Maybe I'll try a clean sd tomorrow unless someone beats me to it

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all! So I am trying to use my HDD to load some XCI files in SXOS 2.2.. When I go to album it shows the XCI file I have in the root of the HDD but then it disappears and comes back again kind of "Flashing". It continues to do this and never finishes scanning. What could be wrong? Here's my System information.

• WD Elemental HDD USB 3.0 2TB ExFAT formatted
  • Launch Switch 3.0.1 with SX OS 2.2 BETA Games function on the SD fine.
I put the XCI in the root of the HDD and in HDD:\SXOS\ with the same result. The XCI is a personal dump and works fine on my SD so that's no the issue. I tried other XCI files too. I tried putting the XCI on a flash drive and SXOS didn't see the drive at all. Nothing in album. I tried all 3 ports as well.. Only things I ever plugged in to the dock until now is the Switch and the Pro controller. I hope it's not the port as it is WAY Out of warranty... Any ideas?

Hello,
Same for me...with a 3.5 usb drive with external power or a 2.5 usb drive (toshiba that works with my wii u) with Y cable!
I forgot to mention that both are fat32 on a switch 3.02. It seems there's a bug when using splitted xci with fat32, i hope TX will correct it as soon as possible!

Last edited by bubulle,

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to replicate your issue and found the following:

SX OS does not support over 2tb hdds because it does not work with a gpt droves yet. The drive must be mbr in order for it to be read by the system and formatted to exfat or fat32.

Hope this works for you like I said I was able to replicate the issue fairly easily once I figured out what was going on with the read

midstor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! So I am trying to use my HDD to load some XCI files in SXOS 2.2.. When I go to album it shows the XCI file I have in the root of the HDD but then it disappears and comes back again kind of "Flashing". It continues to do this and never finishes scanning. What could be wrong? Here's my System information.

• WD Elemental HDD USB 3.0 2TB ExFAT formatted
  • Launch Switch 3.0.1 with SX OS 2.2 BETA Games function on the SD fine.
I put the XCI in the root of the HDD and in HDD:\SXOS\ with the same result. The XCI is a personal dump and works fine on my SD so that's no the issue. I tried other XCI files too. I tried putting the XCI on a flash drive and SXOS didn't see the drive at all. Nothing in album. I tried all 3 ports as well.. Only things I ever plugged in to the dock until now is the Switch and the Pro controller. I hope it's not the port as it is WAY Out of warranty... Any ideas?
Must be 2TB max and MBR

MirageXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading the forums I got a 4tb to work. I used a gpt format and 2tb primary ex fat, With a secondary partition as exfat 2 tb and works flawlessly. I’m starting to think it could be drive compatibility.

andyblake

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2TB seems to be the Max size - tried with a 8TB powered mybook and that is the only way I get it to recognise it.

fadafwet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2TB seems to be the Max size - tried with a 8TB powered mybook and that is the only way I get it to recognise it.

Were you able to make it work with your 8 tb my book ? if so can you give us more info on how you did it ?
I guess:
2 TB exfat as primary partition
The rest 6 TB in whatever fie system you want
put xci files in the root of the 2 tb partition
what tool did you use to create partition, format it etc
did you do anything else to setup the disk ?

I have the same disk model as you do but cannot make it work
thanks

andyblake

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In windows using disk management - just completely remove all partitions then create a 2Tb exFAT one and that's it. You don't need to mess with the unused space unless you want to but I used the rest up as NTFS but that won't effect if it works for not. If you are having trouble perhaps try a 1 tb partition?

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to make it work with your 8 tb my book ? if so can you give us more info on how you did it ?
I guess:
2 TB exfat as primary partition
The rest 6 TB in whatever fie system you want
put xci files in the root of the 2 tb partition
what tool did you use to create partition, format it etc
did you do anything else to setup the disk ?

I have the same disk model as you do but cannot make it work
thanks
any luck. I am still having the same issues.

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Same for me...with a 3.5 usb drive with external power or a 2.5 usb drive (toshiba that works with my wii u) with Y cable!
I forgot to mention that both are fat32 on a switch 3.02. It seems there's a bug when using splitted xci with fat32, i hope TX will correct it as soon as possible!

Just to tell you that the SX OS 2.2.1 solved my problem!!

Reactions: WiiuGold

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing here. Haven't tried a y-cable. My OLD flash drives don't register at all. My 2TB WD Elemental when you go to album the name of the first rom on there comes up flashes off and on . I tried a USB 2.0 ! TB Self powered and no dice too. I might need to reformat... Maybe its because I am on 3.0.1 and The USB driver on the switch sucks...

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Same thing here. Haven't tried a y-cable. My OLD flash drives don't register at all. My 2TB WD Elemental when you go to album the name of the first rom on there comes up flashes off and on . I tried a USB 2.0 ! TB Self powered and no dice too. I might need to reformat... Maybe its because I am on 3.0.1 and The USB driver on the switch sucks...
Nah I'm on 6.0 and exact same issues. Only pen drives work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, i think she said she isnt into gaming