SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

SXAintSoBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hmmm...tl;dr version?

GBATemp is hosted in the US, so DMCA rules apply.
Atmosphere, ReINX and SX-OS are all illegal circumvention devices under the DMCA as they all allow software not authorized by Nintendo to run on the Switch. Homebrew == Piracy as far as the DMCA is concerned.
SX-OS is MORE illegal because it contains; 1/ A Nintendo code fragment to run XCIs, and 2/ an illegal number.

Just be glad that
a. discussion is allowed, and
b. any CFWs are allowed to be linked to

Frankly, it would probably be prudent for GBATemp to NOT LINK to ANY Switch firmwares at all.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrew == Piracy as far as the DMCA is concerned.

I disagree with your wording, if running homebrew requires circumvention then that circumvention doesn't become legal but homebrew isn't piracy (but then DMCA doesn't mention piracy anyway).

SX-OS is MORE illegal because it contains; 1/ A Nintendo code fragment to run XCIs, and 2/ an illegal number.

I think the "illegal number" is a red herring, it would be part of a circumvention device which it already contains. So it's no worse.

The copyrighted code is interesting, that has been known about for a long time and it's only now when sx os is equivalent with the free solutions that it gets it's links removed. It's like someone is enraged they got 7.x working.

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The whole fans of atmosphere seems enraged. TX took of their sweet "show my logo or stuck with 6.2 forever, hahaaa" card, eventually finding their own way through the derbis. All of those selfrighteous knights from infamous "no roadblocks" thread now gasps air to shout "but... that's... that's EXOSPHERE U ASS#OLES! U STOLE SH!T ALL OVER AGAIN!!!" with no actual proof.
Michael is good dev, so do others. They don't seek for profit and making progress for community. First of all, respect to all devs involved in switch hacking.
But the fanboys here, making gates undersound - that's something.

Last edited by Dark Ronin,

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The whole fans of atmosphere seems enraged. TX took of their sweet "show my logo or stuck with 6.2 forever, hahaaa" card, eventually finding their own way through the derbis. All of those selfrighteous knights from infamous "no roadblocks" thread now gasps air to shout "but... that's... that's EXOSPHERE U ASS#OLES! U STOLE SH!T ALL OVER AGAIN!!!" with no actual proof.
Michael is good dev, so do others. They don't seek for profit and making progress for community. First of all, respect to all devs involved in switch hacking.

Goes both ways ;)

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Goes both ways ;)
Hell no. You won't see me in Atmo threads, bashing someone or muttering about emunand.
Also, I don't feel like counting other's money, and it's mine and mine alone concern if I chose to buy license for SXOS. Here, at the other hand, a lot of users is quite concerned about the ways other's spent their money. Atmo topics ar clear from such behavior.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I dont want to start anything again, but proof that they "stole" exo is, that the reboot_to_payload homebrew loads payload from atmosphere folder. Only exo has reboot to payload implementation. After TX found out about it (users were reporting that it works) they released their own homebrew, which does exactly the same, except from sxos folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hell no. You won't see me in Atmo threads, bashing someone or muttering about emunand.
Atmo topics ar clear from such behavior.
You definitely would if atmosphere stole the code for EmuNAND.
Reson for atmo topics to be clean is, that there is nothing to "bash" about. They don't steal anyone's work nor do they make stupid mistakes (leaving keys in plain text is a stupid mistake). And if they do, they try to resolve it while taking the hit.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe I'm wrong but the target folder for bin file is maybe defined in the .nro code so it's logical that reboot_to_payload.nro reboots to the payload placed in atmosphere folder...

Last edited by josete2k,

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dont want to start anything again, but proof that they "stole" exo is, that the reboot_to_payload homebrew loads payload from atmosphere folder. Only exo has reboot to payload implementation. After TX found out about it (users were reporting that it works) they released their own homebrew, which does exactly the same, except from sxos folder.

Reson for atmo topics to be clean is, that there is nothing to "bash" about. They don't steal anyone's work nor do they make stupid mistakes (leaving keys in plain text is a stupid mistake). And if they do, they try to resolve it while taking the hit.

unbelievable this thread is still not locked and still bashing to each other... maybe 2.6.1 thread is pretty clean...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I definitely wouldn't, add XCI mounting too. It would solve a lot of issues. People wouldn't have to make up legal superstitions about atmosphere anymore

Beyond the tribal bull shit, does anyone on gbatemp really care about copyright?

There are white knights who troll and get comments deleted if you point out legal issues in anything other than SX OS.

Last edited by smf,

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Kubas really.
There is no need for more BS.
Please stop. No one really cares.
Use your favourite CFW and enjoy.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kubas really.
There is no need for more BS.