subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll say it again, a small chinese grey goods seller is not the same thing as a billion dollar corporation. You're seriously gonna compare them to Nintendo or Ford? It doesn't matter what you're used to or expect in your country, they simply have a different culture and you will have to deal with it.

Reactions: Centergaming

Squirelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the following message from 3ds-flashcard, in reply to me asking them about expected SXOS delivery date.

Dear Customer,
This is what we are knowing from the Team Xecuter.
Hi, OS will arrive later after the SX Pro, currently the TX doesn't give them to us, dear.
Regards,
Customer service

Reactions: thequickbrownfox

z10m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that TX is afraid of their SX OS being cracked even before their Pro version is even in hands of reviewers and that’s why they are not releasing it early.

Walhalla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep, that will probably be the case. They know that the pirates are gonna pirate the shit out of their SX OS and 75% of the preorders would be cancel.

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, but they wasn't expecting a delay when they said it. Reviewers were supposed to receive their sets much earlier.

And to be honest, holding OS release is pretty uncool. We have to wait because some people paid more... Even if we get our keys/licences now, would Pro buyers really feel bad? What's the difference for them if we get our keys earlier? Their date still doesn't change.

I can't even imagine this exact situation anywhere else.
"Yes, uhmm, we know you have bought Ford Focus, yes, it's available now, in fact your model is right there, but we can't give it to you yet, because there's a delay in Ford Fusion factory, and Fusion buyers paid more, so..."

More like " we can't sell you the Ford Focus GPS separatly yet"...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think the problem isn't TX, but people not having the right expectations. There is a big difference between billion dollar corporations and a small chinese grey goods seller. Delays and miscommunication are par for the course.
I think it's a botched and badly communicated launch.

If Nintendo said the switch launches march 1st, then on February 28th say "well, they go out in the post(mail) tomorrow, so GameStop will have then around the 3rd" what would you say?

Reactions: thequickbrownfox

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If Nintendo said the switch launches march 1st, then on February 28th say "well, they go out in the post(mail) tomorrow, so GameStop will have then around the 3rd" what would you say?

100% true and size of a company has nothing to do with it.
When every other company says "release on 15th" it means customer gets it on 15th. Period.
They should clarify that earlier, I made my preorder when everyone was promised to get it on 15th.
I can understand delays, I can't understand miscommunication.

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well that sucks, i wouldn't be surprised with a bit of a PR backlash.

They said multiple times June 15th. On announcing a product you don't announce the date that you'll ship to the reseller, you announce the date that it's available to the public.

Yeah because his word is legit. I will completely and unquestionably believe what he said, without any proof whatsoever.

I think you have a point about that, but we cant do shit about it.
For sure TX will wait until the SX Pro are shipped, else most people will cancel it and go for the OS only option

Reactions: renanbianchi

Bitchplease

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
they never said costumer gets it on the 15th.
china is a difficult country to work with and have a solid release date (my personal experience at least)

if i was a tx customer i would be mehhhh that sucks but delays are common when you are not the big client bringing in the factory's money

Indominusda1e

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most if not all resellers said next week so just chill and wait I mean 99.9 percent of people want it for piracy regardless of if they say it or not so let's just wait and in a week or so we will be playing our backups and getting banned in no time at all. I'm an sx os customer so I'm not trolling

Sodapopcan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really sucks that they held back the OS portion. It’s friday here in NA and I would have bought the os this afternoon just to enjoy my weekend. A free backup method just released today and while it’s slighty held together with duct tape it’s enough to keep me occupied while I wait for the entirely free option. I’m sure my sale isn’t going to hurt SX OS but they lost out on money because they are playing a garbage waiting game

zizoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really sucks that they held back the OS portion. It’s friday here in NA and I would have bought the os this afternoon just to enjoy my weekend. A free backup method just released today and while it’s slighty held together with duct tape it’s enough to keep me occupied while I wait for the entirely free option. I’m sure my sale isn’t going to hurt SX OS but they lost out on money because they are playing a garbage waiting game
Agreed.
Those who came up with the free backup loader are ironing out the issues atm.
We will be playing roms with the back up loader before TX sends us the license codes.
That would be a huge fiasco.
The "I paid more money for sx pro so I better get it before you send the OS licences" idea is ridiculous.
The extra money you paid is for the "Dongle" and since it's a physical object, you have to wait a couple of days after It's been shipped.

Spider-Man game is scheduled to be released on 7th of september and I pre-ordered a physical copy of it from USA (Im in europe). I guess it would take 1-2 weeks to arrive. So with your logic Sony shouldn't make the digital version available before the physical ones arrive. LOL.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited by zizoux,

dezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yours won't be the only one. i would have bought the os this we, too if it would be delivered directly. now with a free version and no confirmation if you get the key, i wait some days for the better free version and my 2nd switch :)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I would say exactly the same thing I already said twice in this thread. You can't compare billion dollar corporations with a small chinese grey goods seller.

Also, I believe this has a lot to do with people saying they will crack the OS and give it away for free. They need to make sure it can't happen before most of the initial sales for the Pro have been completed.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I would say exactly the same thing I already said twice in this thread. You can't compare billion dollar corporations with a small chinese grey goods seller.

Also, I believe this has a lot to do with people saying they will crack the OS and give it away for free. They need to make sure it can't happen before most of the initial sales for the Pro have been completed.
I didn't read that reply you gave until a few hours later but the point still stands it's awful communication.

mr_be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This email came through from where I ordered the sx os from, online-trends. They have confirmed the os SX will be sent 48hrs from when tx SX os releases.

i knew it! it's for the people who ordered the SX Pro receive there licence at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments +1