m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Surely in the long term all this overclocking is causing damage? Sorry if it sounds negative
The SoC has a 5years expected lifetime (at full shield clocks, running permanently 24/7). Bringing it back to close the original clocks permanently, you can expect simliar results most likely.
We don't know exactly at what nintendo aims, so the switch's lifetime is unknown, even more so with OC.
Tho small OC's won't have a big impact.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was thinking of slightly OCing in docked mode for walkthrough in some games but i guess i'll keep normal clocks
It's more interesting in handheld tbh.
In docked CPU increase is more interesting than upping the GPU freqs.
If you really need 1GHz GPU, go play PC.

Last edited by m4xw,

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's more interesting in handheld tbh.
In docked CPU increase is more interesting than upping the GPU freqs.
If you really need 1GHz GPU, go play PC.
Yeah in handheld the difference is bigger. And some games are switch exclusives (for now but i'm sure Yuzu will be able to play them reagarding the recent progresses)

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah in handheld the difference is bigger. And some games are switch exclusives (for now but i'm sure Yuzu will be able to play them reagarding the recent progresses)
Most people that I know want the high GPU clocks to play PC ports...
I don't get that :P

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need an external battery for 1GHz GPU in handheld :P not everyone bring one
ohno.png

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You better bring a battery pack with 15V USB-PD support or your internal battery will discharge faster than your battery pack can charge it
It will still reduce the strain on the battery, hence we at least enforce unofficial chargers on docked clocks (most won't cut it).

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most people that I know want the high GPU clocks to play PC ports...
I don't get that :P
Yeah that was like me with trying to get Skyrim to run at a constant 60fps. Gave up in the end and turned on pc to play at 120fps with some nice broken physics.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How do I use it?

Installation is pretty straightforward - just copy the config and atmosphere folders at the root of your SD card and reboot your console.
The sysmodule will be active and running out of the box.

To create a new preset, just edit /config/sys-clk/config.ini on your SD card and add it following this template:

[Application Title ID]
docked_cpu=
docked_gpu=
docked_mem=
handheld_cpu=
handheld_gpu=
handheld_mem=
The README contains the frequencies tables as well as examples for Breath of the Wild overclock and Picross underclock.

Note: If you're using ReiNX, you need to rename the atmosphere folder to ReiNX and move out the boot2.flag file next to exefs.nsp
im not really sure but this may help you..but i really doubt it will since you asked this question..

Last edited by bad361,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that was like me with trying to get Skyrim to run at a constant 60fps. Gave up in the end and turned on pc to play at 120fps with some nice broken physics.

What do you mean? I consistently get 60FPS in Skyrim using this. My character is a little slidy for some reason (Physics perhaps), but I haven't had any issue maintaining this speed.

Reactions: Broduskii

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean? I consistently get 60FPS in Skyrim using this. My character is a little slidy for some reason (Physics perhaps), but I haven't had any issue maintaining this speed.
Consistenly? I could only maintain 60fps in houses / certain caves. Outside was impossible unless i looked at the ground at all times. Can you pm your ini if you don't mind? Maybe i made a mistake somewhere.

Also what's your OC?

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consistenly? I could only maintain 60fps in houses / certain caves. Outside was impossible unless i looked at the ground at all times. Can you pm your ini if you don't mind? Maybe i made a mistake somewhere.

Also what's your OC?

I followed Zero's post on the first page: "1.7GHz CPU, 768MHz GPU and 1600MHz mem". My fan skyrockets when I hit outside areas, but so long as I'm connected to a charger, I consistently maintain 60FPS. Now granted, during hard storms (due to mods) or extremely dense fights in open areas I may drop down to 50 or so FPS, but that's like, Dragon Battles with multiple magic casters and shit. My PC would probably take a minor hit during those fights. As for my Ini, I can send you that when I get home. I just got to work. lol

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed Zero's post on the first page: "1.7GHz CPU, 768MHz GPU and 1600MHz mem". My fan skyrockets when I hit outside areas, but so long as I'm connected to a charger, I consistently maintain 60FPS. Now granted, during hard storms (due to mods) or extremely dense fights in open areas I may drop down to 50 or so FPS, but that's like, Dragon Battles with multiple magic casters and shit. My PC would probably take a minor hit during those fights.
Yeah same here it sounds like a hairdryer at times. Seems like messed something up then as i couldn't get 60fps anywhere outside.
As for my Ini, I can send you that when I get home. I just got to work. lol
Thanks mate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one