masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And after I transfer this task to a hardware encoder
sysdvr is relying on hardware encoded video already, but not using nvenc, just some custom solution made specifically for Switch. So I'm not sure what you are referring to. That you are using nvenc?

Enabling 60 FPS streaming is just two lines in system settings. I'm more curious about 1080p and better bitrate.
Post automatically merged:

And about trolling, I have better ideas. :ph34r:

Video where you show PC with Switch having turned off display - this is PC version with Switch used as wireless controller. P5R on PC supports Switch Pro Controller button layout and you can set it manually. And this overlay is just some bullshit tool made on Windows.

Video where you show both at once has too low quality to see what button shows up in right lower corner of screen, and monitor is covered exactly at place where this button shows up. So this could be streamed from other console to Switch while Switch is behaving as controller, it cannot be PC since clearly it doesn't have "End Game" button.

trolololo

Last edited by masagrator,

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
sysdvr is relying on hardware encoded video already, but not using nvenc, just some custom solution made specifically for Switch. So I'm not sure what you are referring to. That you are using nvenc?

At the moment - no. Such a significant decrease in latency for RTSP (x15+) was achieved by a banal increase in the number of key frames (each frame is now a key frame), and the use of UDP as a transport. Obvious disadvantages have to be compensated by an increase in bitrate. And since I was able to render/broadcast with an honest 1080p frame buffer (even with Switch Light), the need for bitrate (and a productive encoder supporting an efficient compression codec) has only grown.
And since the console chip is equipped with a fairly efficient and productive hardware encoder / decoder, offloading this task to it would be an ideal solution, in my opinion. Perhaps I can adapt it to our needs.

P.s. Thank you for your contribution to the development of the community. Many of your developments form the basis of 4IFIR. I am happy to be able to bring something of myself to them, and also make them available to a much larger circle of people. This is what I do best.
Post automatically merged:

Everyone here is offering an olive branch to you. We hope you will accept it and we can move forward.
Everyone here is offering an olive branch to you. We hope you will accept it and we can move forward.

Perhaps you can start a new thread w/ links to the final product, the source, and everything that was once complained about. That will take away the tangential complaints used to attack you and leave nothing to discuss but the merits of the code and the package itself.

peace is good for everyone.

Now it is not obvious, but I am an extremely polite and conflict-free person. It does not give me joy to take revenge on my offenders. But I am forced.

At one time, they completely unfairly discredited my honor and reputation. They acted extremely disgusting and humiliating. Now that their lies and motives have become clear, the question is not whether I am ready to agree to a truce. The question is whether they deserve forgiveness. Of course, I don’t mean all the members of the community’s discord, but quite certain ones who participated in collective harassment and attacks. Those whom I have in mind perfectly understand who I am talking about.
And I'm ready to forgive them. To do this, it is enough for them to bother to apologize to me. It still won't be the fairest (for me) outcome, but I'm willing to make that concession.
Otherwise, I have every moral right and opportunity - to further aggravate their reputational losses. And when there is not even a wet spot left of it, it can be called an honest and fair outcome of the conflict (which they started, for reasons of meanness, vanity, pride, incompetence and self-confidence).

It is too late to offer a truce when you are the aggressor who has suffered a complete defeat and whose crimes have been proven.

I would not have come here if P-Sam had not insulted me and banned me in Retro Discord, in response to my proposal not to quarrel, but to jointly make the project the way they think it should be.

It turned out that I greatly overestimated their skills. Then I didn’t know that they didn’t understand anything about overclocking and low-level optimization.

Too proud to ask for forgiveness. Too cowardly to hold a public response to me.
However, if I were in their place, I would be scared too. Their guilt has long been proven, it is impossible to go against the facts.
It's good that I'm a decent person, and I could not be in their place.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My homebrew never was about showing off coding skills, since I am not really good at writing C++ code. It's about ideas that nobody else wants to make a thing. So if my tools can help in any shape and form help people bring their ideas to table called "Switch scene", I cannot ask for more.

Would be nice to have some incentive to finish some stuff I have started and didn't finish, but I guess I don't feel about them as important as my main homebrew projects when I have started working with them. So I'm focusing now on other stuff that bring me joy, even if they are simple and niche.

Show people what you can achieve. But one tip: do it peacefully. Like I get sometimes people tick us off (I guess I'm even known for being a jerk when I know I am right), but reminding this every single time can actually gain you deep distrust from some of new users. Move on, do your thing, your achievements should speak for yourself.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cooler3D

yeah man. I’m not aware of everything that went on so I can’t say one way or the other. I think most of the peeps at GBATemp weren’t involved either so I think a large part of the audience on this thread are wondering “wow…what is this guy‘s problem?” because they are missing the context.

Getting it off your chest can feel cathartic but it also adds fuel to the fire and let’s people know they got to you.

You will likely never get a request for truce from the people you want to target. Most of them probably don’t frequent here that often anyway. Again I’m not sure of the details. I can’t speak for them. The olive branch was from the gbatempers like me that don’t want to see you (or anyone for that matter) flaming out and getting upset.

OK, I’m done here. If we have to do any further sessions I’m gonna have to put it on the clock and charge you my regular fees.

Reactions: Medel87

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And about trolling, I have better ideas. :ph34r:
Video where you show PC with Switch having turned off display - this is PC version with Switch used as wireless controller. P5R on PC supports Switch Pro Controller button layout and you can set it manually. And this overlay is just some bullshit tool made on Windows.

trolololo
Nothing like showing a PC exclusive running at 4K maxed out at 120FPS with RTX4090 and using switch just as a crap controller and saying it's running natively on it :toot:

ps: RTX = ON, off course, if switch can't handle, nothing can :P
@Cooler3D

yeah man. I’m not aware of everything that went on so I can’t say one way or the other. I think most of the peeps at GBATemp weren’t involved either so I think a large part of the audience on this thread are wondering “wow…what is this guy‘s problem?” because they are missing the context...................
Yep, that's exactly how I feel, I don't have anything to do with the developer\users wars, but I totally recognize the value of anything modified or added (fork or whatever) with better performance\function no matter the dev skills...

I'm totally in for the 4IFIR mod if it's really better but I would like that it followed the basic rules like github with all info on it and credits so I can test it out :wink:

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: binkinator

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Would be nice to have some incentive to finish some stuff I have started and didn't finish, but I guess I don't feel about them as important as my main homebrew projects when I have started working with them. So I'm focusing now on other stuff that bring me joy, even if they are simple and niche.

This is fine. That's probably how it should be. For every scene developer, it's a hobby. As well as for me. Everyone brings something that they can and want to bring. As a result, new developers are inspired, and they already bring something of their own.
In order for the amazing properties of 4IFIR-a (like tripled productivity per watt) to become in principle realizable by me, it took the work of hundreds of people, whose achievements formed the basis or inspired me to build my ideas on top of them. One of the components of 4IFIR is, technically, a fork of a fork of a fork of a fork. Maybe when I get tired of doing it or I run out of ideas, someone else will pick up my work and turn it into something even more amazing.

Show people what you can achieve. But one tip: do it peacefully. Like I get sometimes people tick us off (I guess I'm even known for being a jerk when I know I am right), but reminding this every single time can actually gain you deep distrust from some of new users. Move on, do your thing, your achievements should speak for yourself.

I am grateful to you for advice, but in my case it is inexpedient. 4IFIR has been downloaded more than a million times in a year of closed alpha testing, limited to users with a rating of a Russian-speaking forum. And this is despite the fact that when 4IFIR was mentioned on English-language resources, trolls from the Retro community immediately appeared and began to tell utter nonsense about my project. Including in this thread, which is easy to track by rewinding a few pages back. Only Atmosphere and Hekate have more downloads, which have existed much longer than 4IFIR and are distributed openly.

What do I want to say? I no longer need to earn someone's trust. Killer features, completely offered by 4IFIR, would ensure the organic growth of the install base, even if I called for raping children and worshiping Hitler. From the fact that someone loses the thread, and does not understand how it all began, nothing terrible will happen.

My appeal to the assholes who had the imprudence to attack the project is not a message for a wide audience (the incident is already known to a very impressive part of the community), it is intended directly for the assholes. I'm sure they got my message.

By the way, about feautures: 4IFIR is so power efficient as a solution for overclocking your Switch that it is capable of delivering about teraflops of performance even on battery.
Available to everyone, absolutely free. Enjoy ;)

Keep for updates. More breakthrough opportunities are waiting for you!

Troll tip:
Remember high school algebra.
Come to the conclusion that 4IFIR from the battery produces ~ 0.85 teraflops.
Accuse me of lying: 0.85 =! 1.00
Try to expose me on the Russian language forum.
Go to the Retro Discord wearing a fursuit...

Last edited by Cooler3D,
PSA

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To provide context to unfamiliar readers on 'loader' referred to in subsequent paragraphs; most overclocking patching on Switch is done via a modified version of Atmosphere's loader process, which is responsible for loading processes into memory, since IPS patches cannot be applied to Nintendo's pcv (Power Clock Voltage) process unlike most other processes. As such all of the clock/voltage modifications take place in this modified loader.

I reverse engineered most of the pcv related parts of Cooler's loader from the latest package he posted. It does not match the source code posted on the previous page, those sources are based on an older version of Switch OC Suite and/or a paraphrased version of my source code depending which folder you look at, the loader binary in his latest pack is based on latest Switch OC Suite (which is vastly diff compared the older version). Thus unless he has other shit elsewhere he's violating Atmosphere's and Switch OC Suite's GPL.

As mentioned above, his loader is based on the sources from Switch OC Suite, with *very* few changes. Looking at all the changes relating to pcv patching I could find (which are in a diff attached to this post), it should be apparent all of the changes are either very simple or do not work and were made out of cluelessness and/or incompetence. For those who do not wish to look at the source edits and/or do not understand them, they're as follows:
  • Changed the mariko CPU boost clock from 1785MHz to 2397MHz. This is "fine".
  • Changed erista memory clock form 1.8GHz to 1.9GHz and voltage from default (1125mV) to 1225mV. This is fine.
  • Changed the max CPU voltage on Erista from 1300mV to 1400mV. This has no impact on anything, as he doesn't do anything that can result in the CPU going above 1.3V.
  • Added 2193MHz and 2295MHz CPU clocks for Erista using the coefficients for 2091MHz. This shouldn't cause any more harm to a user's device compared to 2091MHz, but it's behavior will be misleading. The console will claim the CPU is running at those frequencies , however the voltage calculated from the blindly copied coefficients will be two low to support those frequencies and the CPU will silently drop its frequency, hang, and/or spew out errors reducing performance.
  • Messed with GPU voltage coefficients a bunch, copying coefficients for lower frequencies to higher frequencies. This is likely what he was trying to do to improve power consumption, however according to CTCaer if this actually worked (it won't) in a hypothetical perfect scenario you'd get at most 12% power saving, which is nowhere close to his 300% claim. Also according to CTCaer the actual result is going to be the same as the increased CPU frequencies, the system will claim it's running at X frequency but calculated voltages will be too low and the GPU will drop frequency, hang, or spew errors. But here it's actually worse than with the CPU because it'll impact already existing official clock speeds.
To reiterate, all of these changes are very simple or straight up don't work likely due to him not having a clue as to what he's doing. Lastly according to CTCaer overclocking the LCD to any notable degree isn't possible without quickly frying it, he has worked on drivers and such for these displays.

I hope this is enough to get some to stop entertaining Cooler's bullshit and realize he's lying through his teeth or trolling.

If anyone has any questions or wants clarification on anything feel free to DM me on discord at ZachyCatGame#6421 or ping me in #oc-discussion on the RetroNX discord server. This offer is open to all including Cooler (once you learn how to listen).

Edit: Fix MHz -> mV typo

Attachments

• shit.7z
    1.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To provide context to unfamiliar readers on 'loader' referred to in subsequent paragraphs; most overclocking patching on Switch is done via a modified version of Atmosphere's loader process, which is responsible for loading processes into memory, since IPS patches cannot be applied to Nintendo's pcv (Power Clock Voltage) process unlike most other processes. As such all of the clock/voltage modifications take place in this modified loader.

I reverse engineered most of the pcv related parts of Cooler's loader from the latest package he posted. It does not match the source code posted on the previous page, those sources are based on an older version of Switch OC Suite and/or a paraphrased version of my source code depending which folder you look at, the loader binary in his latest pack is based on latest Switch OC Suite (which is vastly diff compared the older version). Thus unless he has other shit elsewhere he's violating Atmosphere's and Switch OC Suite's GPL.

As mentioned above, his loader is based on the sources from Switch OC Suite, with *very* few changes. Looking at all the changes relating to pcv patching I could find (which are in a diff attached to this post), it should be apparent all of the changes are either very simple or do not work and were made out of cluelessness and/or incompetence. For those who do not wish to look at the source edits and/or do not understand them, they're as follows:
  • Changed erista memory clock form 1.8GHz to 1.9GHz and voltage from default (1125MHz) to 1225MHz. This is fine.
  • Changed the max CPU voltage on Erista from 1300mV to 1400mV. This has no impact on anything, as he doesn't do anything that can result in the CPU going above 1.3V.
  • Added 2193MHz and 2295MHz CPU clocks for Erista using the coefficients for 2091MHz. This shouldn't cause any more harm to a user's device compared to 2091MHz, but it's behavior will be misleading. The console will claim the CPU is running at those frequencies , however the voltage calculated from the blindly copied coefficients will be two low to support those frequencies and the CPU will silently drop its frequency, hang, and/or spew out errors reducing performance.
  • Messed with GPU voltage coefficients a bunch, copying coefficients for lower frequencies to higher frequencies. This is likely what he was trying to do to improve power consumption, however according to CTCaer if this actually worked (it won't) in a hypothetical perfect scenario you'd get at most 12% power saving, which is nowhere close to his 300% claim. Also according to CTCaer the actual result is going to be the same as the increased CPU frequencies, the system will claim it's running at X frequency but calculated voltages will be too low and the GPU will drop frequency, hang, or spew errors. But here it's actually worse than with the CPU because it'll impact already existing official clock speeds.
To reiterate, all of these changes are very simple or straight up don't work likely due to him not having a clue as to what he's doing. Lastly according to CTCaer overclocking the LCD to any notable degree isn't possible without quickly frying it, he has worked on drivers and such for these displays.

I hope this is enough to get some to stop entertaining Cooler's bullshit and realize he's lying through his teeth or trolling.

If anyone has any questions or wants clarification on anything feel free to DM me on discord at ZachyCatGame#6421 or ping me in #oc-discussion on the RetroNX discord server. This offer is open to all including Cooler (once you learn how to listen).
So as well as being a dickhead with a bad attitude (yet still attempting to claim the moral high ground), he's also lying and breaking licences. Good to know.

You mentioned LCD overclock - something I've wondered about is the opposite, would it be possible to run the display at 50Hz/FPS, for emulation of old PAL systems?

Gumistret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, this is what i got after using Cooler3D's BS.
And some random crashes on a CPU intensive game.

Tried it just for the lols, and turns out it's a lolz itself 💀

Attachments

• P_20221007_152707.jpg
    P_20221007_152707.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 105
  • P_20221007_171237.jpg
    P_20221007_171237.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 104

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What do I want to say? I no longer need to earn someone's trust. Killer features, completely offered by 4IFIR, would ensure the organic growth of the install base, even if I called for raping children and worshiping Hitler.
This is going too far.
Well, I guess only years to come will show that download numbers doesn't mean much in the long term. What matters is building healthy contributing community around this popularity, which is not an easy feat. I got to know more helpful people from doing stuff that downloads thousand of people than hundred thousands.

Beside I guess more people download your package for other purposes like piracy. I'm curious how downloads will measure if you would remove them and stop helping with those patches.

The same issue is with discord free piracy servers - their community is growing so fast it becomes worthless and annoying to moderate, so many of them stop maintaining free shops.

Last edited by masagrator,

Bricked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks @ZachyCatGames for sharing your findings. If it wasn't already obvious that certainly makes it clear to all that this 4IFIR package should not be touched with a barge-pole.

The constant attacks by this Cooler3D character on the RetroNX team and sys-clk in this thread are disrespectful and pathetic.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Many thanks @ZachyCatGames for sharing your findings. If it wasn't already obvious that certainly makes it clear to all that this 4IFIR package should not be touched with a barge-pole.

The constant attacks by this Cooler3D character on the RetroNX team and sys-clk in this thread are disrespectful and pathetic.
Used it for a while, no problems at all, works as claimed. So still not obvious. Ready for scary stories how my switch is about to explode in a few hours.

AnimatedSwine37

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
4IFIR is so power efficient as a solution for overclocking your Switch that it is capable of delivering about teraflops of performance even on battery.
How many teraflops of performance are you talking about?
Whatever it is I'd appreciate if you could send any images or whatever you have showing it off. Words are nice but actually seeing all of these teraflops you're getting would be cool :)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• Changed erista memory clock form 1.8GHz to 1.9GHz and voltage from default (1125MHz) to 1225MHz. This is fine.

@ZachyCatGames I’m reading through this and based on the source link there seems to be some merit here.

@Cooler3D I don’t believe you were the one that published the link to the source linked in this thread. Is there a different source repository you can recommend that better demonstrates your work? Let the facts speak for themselves.

not “choosing sides” here. I’m hopeful some respectful discourse can clear things up.

Reactions: guily6669

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Been lurking a bit here. The 300% claim (impossible) and the rants were already big red flags. Good this is cleared up now. Gonna continue using Switch-OC-Suite.

usagi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the most noticeable red flag to sanity is appealing to this fucking ridiculous licenses over nintendo pirated hardware and not actually using 4ifir standing up to the neck in illegal shit with licensed moron badge on your forehead.
some stupid motherfuckers above can't even update their firmware to required when using latest 4ifir made for 1.4.0 and 15.0.1
Try comparing every base version of homebrew represented in 4ifir combined in real tests with actual 4ifir and come back nerdcatgames, for now you just good enough to clarify that you did not use shit and can read some "who knows when made source code for someone like you who just does not wanted to fuck off with his CREDIT ME, LICENSES" bullshit

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the most noticeable red flag to sanity is appealing to this fucking ridiculous licenses over nintendo pirated hardware and not actually using 4ifir standing up to the neck in illegal shit with licensed moron badge on your forehead.
some stupid motherfuckers above can't even update their firmware to required when using latest 4ifir made for 1.4.0 and 15.0.1
Try comparing every base version of homebrew represented in 4ifir combined in real tests with actual 4ifir and come back nerdcatgames, for now you just good enough to clarify that you did not use shit and can read some "who knows when made source code for someone like you who just does not wanted to fuck off with his CREDIT ME, LICENSES" bullshit
Wat

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Bullshit" perfectly summarizes your whole post.
If you can't discuss in proper manner, then stop.
stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1