Homebrew Homebrew app sys-patch - sysmod that patches on boot

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That didn't answer my questions.

Let me ask the first one in a different way. If they should all be orange if I have both sigpatches and sys-patch, what would be the reason my ctest is the only one that's green? As far as the other two, the post you linked to (whih I had already seen) doesn't mention either the Patch sysMMC or Version Skip options.

Edit: Version Skip was answered while I was replying.
Is correct. :D

For each Pattern to be susceptible to be patched the Log section could show you the status:

Orange = (already) Patched = you have the correct sigpatches for that pattern, so SYS-Patch do not need patch that again.
Green = Patched (by SYS-Patch) = you don't have the sigpatches, or was not applied on boot, so SYS-Patch Patched that pattern on the fly at boot.
Red = Unpatched = SYS-Patch couldn't find that pattern on the current system, so no need to patch them, Only shown if you turn off the «Version skip» on the Options

Reactions: Blythe93

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let me ask the first one in a different way. If they should all be orange if I have both sigpatches and sys-patch, what would be the reason my ctest is the only one that's green?
I guess it depends on when or how you manually updated your sigpatches ?
Multiple times I had that experience where sometimes when using the AOI updater, it doesn't work and I get errors trying to boot NSPs, usually after a FW or atmosphere update, so I had to download the sigpatches from here and install them manually instead of relying on another tool. Checking syspatch right now shows me all orange, even ctest.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiple times I had that experience where sometimes when using the AOI updater, it doesn't work and I get errors trying to boot NSPs, usually after a FW or atmosphere update, so I had to download the sigpatches from here and install them manually instead of relying on another tool. Checking syspatch right now shows me all orange, even ctest.

I got the sigpatches from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Which is even more confusing to me now, as it's the same place you got yours. lol. Not that it matters because it's not red. But it's odd that we are using the same sigpatches and just that one of mine is green. Shrug.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I got the sigpatches from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Which is even more confusing to me now, as it's the same place you got yours. lol. Not that it matters because it's not red. But it's odd that we are using the same sigpatches and just that one of mine is green. Shrug.
The issue is each console configuration can use the files from that site differently, because you must to enable different set of items on the INI files of hekate and/or different types of Atmosphère.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand correctly, with the version skip OFF it just applies everything, with version skip ON it apply just what it needs ?

As far I know, you are correct!

I am learning too.

After testing that option it seems to be just the the opposite of what one would assume. With it set to off a lot of things change to red/unpatched.

The issue is each console configuration can use the files from that site differently, because you must to enable different set of items on the INI files of hekate and/or different types of Atmosphère.

I removed sys-patch from my sd card (deleted atmosphere\contents\420000000000000B) to see if ctest would turn orange if I had only sigpatches without sys-patch, but it's is still green. How is that? lol

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
After testing that option it seems to be just the the opposite of what one would assume. With it set to off a lot of things change to red/unpatched.

I removed sys-patch from my sd card (deleted atmosphere\contents\420000000000000B) to see if ctest would turn orange if I had only sigpatches without sys-patch, but it's is still green. How is that? lol
Got a folder in atmosphere/exefs_patches called ctest and/or nifm? If so, that patches the ctest.

Explnation what the different signature patches are:
1711765457215.png

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Got a folder in atmosphere/exefs_patches called ctest and/or nifm? If so, that patches the ctest.

View attachment 428599
I have this on an OLD TXT on my hard drive:
*ES patches stand for Eticket Services.*
ES Patches are required to:

These are needed for run and install raw and untouched .NSP files either dumped from Nintendo's CDN or someone's console.​
ES patches are additionally needed to run pirated commercial NSPs.​
ES patches specifically pertain to dumped eShop titles.​

ES Patches are NOT required to:
Run installed XCI​
Run installed NRO forwarders.​
Run homebrew​
Install XCI files.​
*FS patches are short for fs_nosigchk.*
which allow the usage of converted .NSP files such as homebrew .NSP files or .XCI converts.
FS Patches required to:
FS patches are need to install/run NSPs of any kind.​
Run installed XCI/NRO forwarders, and will give a corruption error when trying to run the installed XCI or NRO forwarder if no fs patches are applied or are wrong (you will also need to reinstall the game or nro forwarder if this happens).​
The FS patches allow the usage of converted NSP files, such as homebrew on NSP files or converted XCI files.​
FS patches are required to install/run NSP and XCI (without needing to convert the header) files.​
Fs Patches not required to:
Run installed NSP files with valid tickets.​
Run Homebrew​
Install NSP/XCI - (with a valid header)​

ACID PATCHES
ACID patches aren't required to boot any type of backup but provide a speed boost when installing .XCI files if active​
ACID patches just remove another signature check.​

*nfim_ctest short to nfim_ctest Connection Test Skip Patches*
Are for internet connections, So you can play on a lan without being online​
The NFIM patches, know as nfim_ctest, where 玞test?is short for Connection Test, are patches for skip the internet connection test, So you can play on a LAN without being onlin​

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 428599

In the exefs_patches folder I have an es_patches folder with 26 .ips files and an nfim_ctest folder with 25 .ips files, which are all from the sigpatches thread here at gbatemp. Which still doesn't explain why ctest still shows as green for me if Green = Patched (by SYS-Patch) and I deleted sys-patch.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In the exefs_patches folder I have an es_patches folder with 26 .ips files and an nfim_ctest folder with 25 .ips files, which are all from the sigpatches thread here at gbatemp. Which still doesn't explain why ctest still shows as green for me if Green = Patched (by SYS-Patch) and I deleted sys-patch.
Does it really matter? Most people don't even need to patch ctest

Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes true... I check the source code and it doesn't tell me much sadly. It just patches it, but I wonder if it's just a bug on the ctest maybe?

No idea. For shits and giggles I tried booting emuMMC chainloading fusee instead of fss0 and all were green except es7 was orange. It all seems weird, like why was es7 patched by sigpatches but rest by sys-patch? LOL! I guess I don't care much because no one really has the answers as to why. :P

• Love

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No idea. For shits and giggles I tried booting emuMMC chainloading fusee instead of fss0 and all were green except es7 was orange. It all seems weird, like why was es7 patched by sigpatches but rest by sys-patch? LOL! I guess I don't care much because no one really has the answers as to why. :P
May be here @TotalJustice could give us a light, on the post https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-patch-sysmod-that-patches-on-boot.633517/post-10388784 TotalJustice explain how some tweak on the code could lead to SYS-Patch to use the same pattern for FW 14 to 18, but on the source code of the SYS-Patch published I see what the ES 7 was created and add the new pattern to that patch instead of corrected the ES 6.

So that can be confusing.

What do you think @TotalJustice ? have you looking on the "new" code?

Reactions: RedColoredStars

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Maybe it's the fw then ? I'm on 17.0.1, with ams 1.6.2
If it's not that then I really have no clue but yeah, knowing a little bit about how that works would be interesting

R3m0ved

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
@impeeza i got to ask, the sys-patch 1.5.1 posted above has been updated by @TotalJustice ? or by yourself ?
Sorry to bother with that but i have OCD on this and the official repo is now gone for good... and i'm not sure anymore where to get the OG source and info...this triggers my OCD big time
IPS patch creator and LockPick are still easy to find, for now...

Could you or someone here DM me the "not so usual place" you're reffering to ?

Last edited by R3m0ved,

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
File now says
Download limit exceeded. You can save the file to Yandex Disk and download it from there.
Is it possible to provide an alternative upload?
I'm not keep on using a site that needs a phone number to register (Yandex).

Edit: got it as mentioned below. Thanks.

Last edited by Ethelbert,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER