Homebrew Homebrew app sys-patch - sysmod that patches on boot

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about nfim and otherr patches?
For the longest time, I had no idea what ctest patches did. I thought it was something to do with being able to perform a connection test in settings whilst blocking nintendo using dns mitm haha (this is not the case).

I may add ctest patch, but will need to look into changing the patch applied to stop core3 occasionally running at 100%. I've personally not seen it happen but it's been reported a few times.

What other patches do you have in mind?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
For the longest time, I had no idea what ctest patches did. I thought it was something to do with being able to perform a connection test in settings whilst blocking nintendo using dns mitm haha (this is not the case).

I may add ctest patch, but will need to look into changing the patch applied to stop core3 occasionally running at 100%. I've personally not seen it happen but it's been reported a few times.

What other patches do you have in mind?
NFIM wildcard which works on ALL firmwares to date:
F....D..F...0..9FD..0...F...0...........................F30314AAE00314AA9F

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TBH, I have never noticed an issue and have had this patch on my switch since firmware 11.0.0.
Nice. I guess I could add ctest but make it optional. In fact, I could make each patch optional (although enabled by default). Not sure why someone would want to disable patching fs,es,ldr for example, but it might it easier to debug things later down the line if something seriously breaks.

What do you think?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Nice. I guess I could add ctest but make it optional. In fact, I could make each patch optional (although enabled by default). Not sure why someone would want to disable patching fs,es,ldr for example, but it might it easier to debug things later down the line if something seriously breaks.

What do you think?
Being able to disable individual patches would be fine for debugging. For example this doesn't use file hashes now, so somehow if a patch was applied at boot and somehow broke the firmware the switch would crash, not that I am saying this is likely to happen, but at least with the ini you could could disable to find out what was causing that if it happened.

Reactions: duckbill007

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is an overlay. You need Tesla+ovlloader on your SD. And this release ofc.
Thx, for the answer, but if i choose (in de Release Section of the github Page) the "no Overlay" ZIP, do i need the ovl loader and Tesla Menu?

Or could i only copy the contents of the "no-Overlay" ZIP to my root of the SD?

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, if i don't want to have the overaly, i choose the "No-Overlay" ZIP and maintain it with the:

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sigpatch-updater

Right ?
sigpatch updater will currently fetch the zip that includes the overlay. maybe i should've just had one release in order to not confuse people with which zip they should get. downside of getting the full release is that 300kb of sd card space will be used for an overlay that you may not use, which isn't really that big of a deal to most :lol:i think i'll just have it be one zip file in the next release.

Blauhasenpopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In my opinion, and for the convenience, i would prefer the 2 ZIPs, cause i don't need the Overlay stuff as non Developer, is it a hard task to let the sigpatch updater choose out of the two?

I don't need the whole overlay stuff, in general.

I just asking for a friend ;)

Last edited by Blauhasenpopo,

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my opinion, and for the convenience, i would prefer the 2 ZIPs, cause i don't need the Overlay stuff as non Developer, is it a hard task to let the sigpacht updater choose out of the two?

I just ask fo a friend ;)
no, its not a hard task. But i do see it being an issue for some in the support channels of those asking "which one should i get?" or "my overlay is missing, help!", so maybe having just one release will simplify things and prevent any user errors, at the cost of a very small overlay always being installed

Blauhasenpopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, its not a hard task. But i do see it being an issue for some in the support channels of those asking "which one should i get?" or "my overlay is missing, help!", so maybe having just one release will simplify things and prevent any user errors, at the cost of a very small overlay always being installed
So, there you go :)

If i download the ZIP with the overlay and only copy the atmosphere Folder to my SD, that's the same, right ? (It acts like the non overlay version)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.