Homebrew RELEASE sys-tune - background audio player with overlay

basuo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

v2.0.0 is here :)

• Per title control (pause / play, in game volume and sys-tune volume)
  • Global default options (set sys-tune to be paused / playing by default, set volume of the game / sys-tune by default)
  • Bulk song adding (add an entire folder to the playlist)
  • Any changes made are now saved to a config file, so they're retained after reboot
  • A blacklist feature is added for games that fatal when using sys-tune (causes sys-tune to close itself on launching a blacklisted game and will automatically re-launch itself when exiting the game)
  • A few bug fixes
It seems that most people would like music to play only on the home menu. Seeing as no one reads the readme, I'll instead write a little guide here ;)

How to play music only on the home menu (guide)​

1. Launch sys-tune overlay
  2. Scroll down to "Play / Pause" section and click on "Tune (default)" once until it says "Pause"
  3. Whilst on the home menu and without a game launched in the background, scroll down to "Play / Pause" section and click on "Tune" twice until it says "Play" (it will say "Play" by default, but you need to click the option at least once for it to be saved to the config file)

What's next?​

I'd like to improve the overlay ui a little bit. Some ideas include:
  • option to reset all settings to default (can be currently achieved by deleting the config file)
  • Option to see info on each option. Example, pressing X on any option would show some text better explaining the option in more detail
  • Option to save / load playlist
  • Option to start a playlist automatically.
  • Per title playlist saving option (maybe, seems unlikely anyone would want this)
No promises when the above will be done, might be in a few weeks, months, years of never :lol:

The_Legend_of_Zelda__Tears_of_the_Kingdom_20230907_112435_00.jpg

The_Legend_of_Zelda__Tears_of_the_Kingdom_20230907_112453_00.jpg

https://github.com/HookedBehemoth/sys-tune/releases/tag/v2.0.0

I followed your steps in order to have the music only playing in the home menu.
After selecting a folder to create a playlist it seems to work perfectly. Song cuts when starting a game and playing back when closing it.

I'm wondering now if it could be possible to have a song/playlist automatically starts on switch startup, Is it related to those two options ?
  • save / load playlist
  • start a playlist automatically.
Thanks for the amazing work 🙌

Reactions: Barracuda

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed your steps in order to have the music only playing in the home menu.
After selecting a folder to create a playlist it seems to work perfectly. Song cuts when starting a game and playing back when closing it.

I'm wondering now if it could be possible to have a song/playlist automatically starts on switch startup, Is it related to those two options ?
  • save / load playlist
  • start a playlist automatically.
Thanks for the amazing work 🙌
Hi, yes that's a feature I would like to add. I am (unfortunately) super busy these days so I can't say when I'd be able to add it. But someone else might! The code to save / load a playlist is trivial to add and starting a playlist automatically is equally as trivial.

Works great! One suggestion. Is is possible to add ability to change song with hotkey key from homemenu? Like press R would change the song in homemenu would be awasome.
Hi, this probably won't be added. The code for detecting input would have to be added to sys-tune sysmodule. This isn't difficult but it's preferred to use the overlay for playback control. Not a bad suggestion though!

You could open an issue of the GitHub page asking for such feature, see what the author thinks of it (I'm not the author, I just added a few features and fixes) :)

basuo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, yes that's a feature I would like to add. I am (unfortunately) super busy these days so I can't say when I'd be able to add it. But someone else might! The code to save / load a playlist is trivial to add and starting a playlist automatically is equally as trivial.

Hi, this probably won't be added. The code for detecting input would have to be added to sys-tune sysmodule. This isn't difficult but it's preferred to use the overlay for playback control. Not a bad suggestion though!

You could open an issue of the GitHub page asking for such feature, see what the author thinks of it (I'm not the author, I just added a few features and fixes) :)
Thank you for the quick answer even tho you're being busy !
Using the overlay is already a great experience and I'm thankful for it. I'll then stick around hoping for those features to eventually come.
Thank you again for the update.

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Perhaps you answered this though I did not understand, is it possible in config to direct a specific track to a respective title ID or applet? Such as there being track 1 for the home menu title ID and track 2 for when the eShop applet is opened. I found a title ID list here which surely you aware of [https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Title_list]. Is something like this presently possible? This may be the root for any request of someone asking about a specific song per title.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps you answered this though I did not understand, is it possible in config to direct a specific track to a respective title ID or applet? Such as there being track 1 for the home menu title ID and track 2 for when the eShop applet is opened. I found a title ID list here which surely you aware of [https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Title_list]. Is something like this presently possible? This may be the root for any request of someone asking about a specific song per title.
Hi. No there's currently not a way to set a specific playlist for a title ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1