Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Saw nothing about this here so.. YEAH! The Taito Type X² board (BlazBlue, SFIV, KOFXII) is essentially a PC running Windows XP. Some people were able to dump BlazBlue Continuum Shift and hack it to run on any Windows based PC.

This is not an emulator, the games all run natively on the PC.

Pretty cool huh?

Read some rumours about a test version of Samurai Spirits Sen being dumped and working too already. I guess we can expect to see KOFXII and others soon!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Taito Type X2 is a PC. All the machines run Windows XP-Embedded and have PC hardware i.e. Core 2 Duo, Nvidia 7800, etc. The only thing that needs cracking really is the games, which probably has some protection on them.

This is pretty nice though.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Taito Type X2 is a PC. All the machines run Windows XP-Embedded and have PC hardware i.e. Core 2 Duo, Nvidia 7800, etc. The only thing that needs cracking really is the games, which probably has some protection on them.

I highly doubt things like the Xbox and the PS3 have windows XP embedded
wink.gif
(unless you were referring to the Taitos)

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Jiggah said:

wink.gif

Obviously, the Taitos. Grammar Nazi...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Jiggah said:

wink.gif

Obviously, the Taitos. Grammar Nazi...

Lol, no it's just the way you worded it that made it sound like you meant that.

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Dark_linis said:
awesome but I don't know if my poor intel celeron with integrated graphics can handle it!

Maybe one day....

I have an integrated HD3200, it's pretty good, I can run any recent games with medium-low settings (even Crysis).

But this works very slow for me (even with low res and replaced bg), so (and because it's the arcade original) I guess it's optimized for Nvidia cards and intel processors. + you can't adjust any other video-related setting.

Anyway, while you don't require a extremely high end PC, a decent one is required.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
if only super sf4 would come out in arcades first...but i think console is coming out first..this would have been sweet for a homemade arcade machine when sf4 came out..u could still do it..wonder if well see some bootleg sf4 cabs now.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude these games run on a computer that is far more powerful then a wii, and then you would have to emulate that which would require the wii to be about 6 times more powerful. So no.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
Dude these games run on a computer that is far more powerful then a wii, and then you would have to emulate that which would require the wii to be about 6 times more powerful. So no.
Uh no? There are older PCs that are running this at full 60FPS while there are users with powerful computers that can barely start it.

I'm running it on a laptop, not a gaming laptop, a regular laptop and I can get full 60FPS on it. And my laptop is not in the least powerful. And besides I said "what if" never said that it was possible or it could happen.
tongue.gif

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to adjust the resolution? I'm getting some screen clipping and can't figure out how to change the res T.T Thanks for any help in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning